Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Update Edition (Artbox)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban: Update Edition (Artbox)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A little bit of math says that the autograph situation might be easier to understand. Consider that they made about 3-1/2 times as many cases as they printed for the first series. For POA1, there were about 3000 autos, or about 300 each on average. Based on gimli's 25 cases, Update has about 5400 autos, or about 360 each on average. It's possible that the toughest autos are at 50-60 copies each, but they could be as much as 100 each.

The big "pulling" issue is that autos were 1:2 boxes the first time around, and now they're 1:5 boxes. I bet it was hard enough finding 15 people to sign without going to Buckbeak and Crookshanks. (Crookshanks is half kneazle, so it's possible.)

But because of the massive increase in the print run, the top autos are much tougher pulls than Lick-O-Rish Spiders in POA1, and the Madame Rosmerta costume will be just about as tough a pull as Chocolate Frog.

Now, assume that there are about the same number of people who want a master set this time as last time. Olly hit it right on the head, the best way to get there is to hold onto some cases and head to the aftermarket. Then wait to see if box prices rise through the roof like they did for POA1.

Crazy hobby we're in. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm starting to think I might be glad my cards arent here yet. I've got a case from 1 source and a separate box from another. Maybe I'll open my single box and just hang on to the case for a bit.

Yeah, who am I kidding? I'll probably open at least half the case before I can sit back and see what happens. With this set, I think that I can be happy with a few pulls (maybe 1 each of prop/costume/auto, maybe a couple of each or interesting examples or whatever) and chase whatever comes later. Artbox went crazy with variant base sets and promos on the first set, so I have to imagine there will be at least something more coming down the road. If the rest of what I've ordered pays for itsself (and maybe some extra for some upcoming sets) that would be great, too.

Posts: 420 | Location: Try looking under that pile of cards over there... | Registered: December 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:

But because of the massive increase in the print run, the top autos are much tougher pulls than Lick-O-Rish Spiders in POA1,

Possibly the biggest understatement of the board!

Anyone know of anyone who opened 53 cases of PoA 1 without hitting a Lik o' Rish spider's card?

Posts: 431 | Location: Cambridge, UK | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mh002a6228
posted Hide Post
Box 1

Need to sort out base set

Box Loader
BT4 No Ones Coming Harry

Film Cell
Number 9 - 865/900

Costume
Harry Potters Robe 0791/2173

R1, R3, R5, R6, R9

Posts: 36 | Location: UK | Registered: July 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mh002a6228
posted Hide Post
Box 1

Need to sort out base set

Box Loader
BT1

Costume
Hermione’s Scarf

R2, R4, R7, R8
All the R's in 2 boxes and only 1 spare!

Posts: 36 | Location: UK | Registered: July 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Well on a certain UK dealer site Harry Potter's auot is £1200 and the Ron Weasley £750. Eek

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pinky
posted Hide Post
I just saw the same site and almost fell off of my chair.

Who apart from a Lottery winner is going to be able to collect them all?
Elephant

I also noted on another topic someone was asking about the case incentive costume cards from the POA, Ron and Harry, which were identical to the ones limited to a 100. (Why bother!)(or at least make them different!)

Sorry if someone has already said this, new to this kind of thing!

Posts: 27 | Location: Dagenham, Essex, UK | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
That's silly money for a 15? yr old's autograph

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
In MY opinion - in case I upset anybody!!!! Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lurtz
posted Hide Post
yes but on the other hand has long has they are in the packets there a chance that some kid out there may pick on up with there pocket money and find one. thats how my son started FOTR gimli in asealed packet for 10p

Posts: 54 | Location: uk | Registered: November 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
That's silly money for a 15? yr old's autograph
Is this from the same forum that thought the peartree would not go over $1000 Roll Eyes

Couldn't resist that one! Bouncey

It's not really significant that they are 15 (I am 24 and I couldn't force my autograph on anyone but tourists in Cambrige (long and embarassing story)). First off, Dan has probably been in more things than Orlando Bloom at the moment (although not for long admittedly as OB's getting a bit on the prolific side). And he IS the first Harry Potter!

I am not saying I would pay that much it, but I also appreciate that if there really are only 65 around minus what went on cast members and artbox executives etc. they are EXTREMELY rare!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Roz,

Posts: 431 | Location: Cambridge, UK | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
sorry all i made a few mistakes last time but here is my 33 case final breakdown

AUTOGRAPHS
1 Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint (Triple Autograph)
3 James Phelps and Oliver Phelps (Double Autograph)
0 Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter)
0 Emma Watson (Hermione Granger)
1 Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley)
4 Chris Rankin (Percy Weasley)
6 Lee Ingleby (Stan Shunpike)
6 Genevieve Gaunt (Pansy Parkinson)
10 Warwick Davis (Choir Conductor)
4 David Bradley (Argus Filch)
3 Harry Melling (Dudley Dursley)
9 Dawn French (Fat Lady)
5 Jamie Waylett (Vincent Crabbe)
6 Jimmy Gardner (Ernie Prang) - redemption
7 Pam Ferris (Aunt Marge) - redemption
4 Richard Griffths (Uncle Vernon) - redemption

PROP CARDS
4 Wanted Poster (335)
4 Fizzing Whizzbees (430)
10 The Daily Prophet (480)
8 The Marauder’s Map (500)
10 Divination Class (845)
9 Unfogging the Future (930)
14 Divination Class (930)
23 Sleeping Bag (1960)

CREATURE CARDS
2 Buckbeak Feather (390)
16 Grim Fur (880)

COSTUME CARDS
1 Madam Rosmerta (250)
2 Griffindor Material (330)
3 Sybil Trelawney (330)
1 Slytherin Material (380)
9 Aunt Marge (430)
14 Dual Cedric Diggory and Harry Potter (628)
1 Draco Malfoy (628)
2 Hermione’s Pink Sweater (628)
8 Hermione’s Trousers (730)
4 Hermione’s Scarf (730)
11 Ron’s Jumper (731)
8 Cornelius Fudge (830)
8 Remus Lupin (834) (4 x black 4 x gray)
9 Harry Potter’s Quidditch Outfit (1143)
15 Neville Longbottom (1170)
27 Harry Potter’s Sweater (2173)
22 Digery Quidditch Outfit (2173)
27 Harry Potter’s Quidditch Outfit (2173)
45 Remus Lupin (2900)

Film Cell from US Theatrical trailer (900)
9 Harry petronus
12 Werewolf
12 Courtyard
11 Harry and Mr Weasley
8 Lupin in class room
11 Buckbeak flight
10 Knight Bus
16 Harry and snape
12 Hermiones punch

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
and yet Roz, there will still be twice as many Harry autos as there were Peartree Eek

Well I'm still close to a master set of the first ( Holofoil & coloured foil factory sets YUK ) but no chance with this one !

He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of Time and he can see the turn of the Universe.
And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gimli:
sorry all i made a few mistakes last time but here is my 33 case final breakdown

I think you have enough material so that you could give Remus his coat back. He'll need it, the moon is waning. Cool

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
[FX: Big Grin]

Well, it appears I've really been lucky... Big Grin Breakdown as follows:

AUTOGRAPHS x 5 Big Grin
James Phelps and Oliver Phelps (Double Autograph)
Warwick Davis (Choir Conductor)
Harry Melling (Dudley Dursley)
Dawn French (Fat Lady)
Richard Griffths (Uncle Vernon) - redemption

PROP CARDS x 3
Fizzing Whizzbees (430)
The Marauder’s Map (500)
Unfogging the Future (930)

COSTUME CARDS x 8
Dual Cedric Diggory and Harry Potter (628)
Hermione’s Pink Sweater (628)
Hermione’s Cloak (830)
Remus Lupin (834)
Harry Potter’s Quidditch Outfit (2173)
Remus Lupin (2900)
Cedric Diggory (2173)
Neville Longbottom's Cloak (1170)

Film Cell from US Theatrical trailer (900)
4 off Big Grin

CASE LOADERS
Buckbeak’s Flight

Where a box contained a filmcell, it also contained a costume/prop AND an autograph (not sure whether this is a trend or not, as the last autograph I pulled only had a prop card with it) There was a LOT of chaff (bits of card) in my packs...

I need to sort out the foils, but I noticed a lot of the same number cropping up, so I may well be short a few cards for complete sets...

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Great Case! Congrats!

My Box with a Film Cell had a costume and Auto as well!

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got two of my three cases today. Let me just say this upfront: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Now onto the breakdowns.

CASE 1:

BOX TOPPER
Sirius Black

AUTOGRAPHS
Chris Rankin (Percy Weasley)
Lee Ingleby (Stan Shunpike)
Jimmy Gardner (Ernie Prang) - redemption
Richard Griffths (Uncle Vernon) - redemption

PROP CARDS
The Daily Prophet (#387 of 480)
Divination Class (#340 of 845)
Sleeping Bag (#430 of 1980)

COSTUME CARDS
Madam Rosmerta (#38 of 250) Clap Clap Clap
Ron’s Jumper (464 of 731)
Neville Longbottom (#857 of 1170)
Harry Potter’s Sweater (#441 of 2173)
Harry Potter’s Quidditch Outfit (#1183 of 2173)
Cedric Diggory Quidditch Outfit (# 72 of 2173)
Remus Lupin (#2385 of 2900)

4 of 9 DIFFERENT Film Cells from US Theatrical trailer

CASE 2:

BOX TOPPER
Harry Riding Buckbeak

AUTOGRAPHS
Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Harry Melling (Dudley Dursley)

PROP CARDS

The Daily Prophet (#434 of 480)
Unfogging the Future (#795 of 930)
Sleeping Bag (#861 of 1960)

COSTUME CARDS

Draco Malfoy (#458 of 628)
Cornelius Fudge (#43 of 830)
Remus Lupin (#756 of 834)
Neville Longbottom (#724 of 1170)
Cedric Diggory Quidditch Outfit (#523 and #524 of 2173)

2 of 9 DIFFERENT Film Cells from US Theatrical trailer (One card twice = 3)

Totals:
6 Autographs
6 Props
13 Costumes
7 Film Cards (3 of one, 2 of another, so actually 4 different)
7 Complete Sets of Foil "R" cards

Notes:

The Percy Autograph Card and the Ernie Redemption Card came in the same pack!

Two of the Film Cards were damaged around the edges where the slides are.
I also had two damaged "R" cards.

Redemption Cards are your friends! Me thinks they were placed in last, making some cases have more autograph cards.

Oh, and...

I GOT A HERMIONE AUTOGRAPH CARD!!!

Can't wait for case #3, which should arrive Thursday.

Posts: 53 | Location: Moreno Valley, CA | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
I have to say that in all my cases i must hace 15 damaged cards I wonder if i can get them replaced?????

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of my film cards is a 400 of 900. Right at the edge of the window of the top cell, on the left side, the cardboard is torn up, as if the edge got caught on something. It would be cool if they would replace it with the same number (or with 1 of 900 or 100 of 900 Smile ).

Posts: 53 | Location: Moreno Valley, CA | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roz
posted Hide Post
I think it will be different numbers!

I have numbers 15 and 99 of the dual costume Dance