Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Topps)
 Login/Join

Picture of DantheMan
posted Hide Post
Finally got my 2 boxes today. My supplier was cut down on his original order, so I got 1 1st wave box and 1 2nd wave (which i actually didn`t want)

This is what I got:

Box 1 (1st wave)
2 complete sets
6 different foils
#1 (of 2) foil boxtopper
1 Pippin auto

Box 2 (2nd wave box)
haven`t sorted base cards yet
6 different foils
#2 (of 2) foil boxtopper
1 Witch King auto

I`m onlt missing # 10 for a complete foil set, so gues it ain`t that bad.

However, I at the moment I don`t care that much about the Witch King auto (though it looks cooler than the other 2 wave 2 autos). And as I really want a Liv Tyler auto (from any of the LotR sets): IS there anyone who wants to trade their Liv Tyler/Arwen auto for the Witch King auto? You can email me on rsdebi-at-chello.nl

Posts: 238 | Location: Rotterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
well I have final recived a case of wave two boxes and here is the break down I got

10 autos

4 Gamling
3 Gorbag
3 Witch King

4 prismatic and box sets
and i haven't sorted the base sets yet

so I have to say I was very happy with my case

Two boxes with two autos and no boxes without

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Seem to have been v lucky with this series so far. Of the two boxes I have opened I have pulled an Aragorn and a Saruman auto of the previous series I pulled a Gollum. All of these were via Cards inc, either direct or from a dealer (Pete at Hibbert Cards) guess I was just lucky! Dance

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Just opened my first box, got 2 sets, 6 foil cards and a Gollum autograph card, pretty pleased with what I got overall.

Card Dude's Card Page!- Wants/Haves

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Audra
posted Hide Post
I finally got to buy my first case of ROTK cards and for only $400 too! I wasn't able to get a case earlier cause I was short on cash: I spent every spare cent I had to go to the Los Angeles premiere of Return of the King and meet the actors...so I guess I'm not complaining! Anyways here is my first case breakdown. I do not have it broken down by box, I wasn' really keeping that close of an eye on it all. I hope to get at least another case soon.

AUTOGRAPHS

Saruman (Christopher Lee) Dance
Aragorn x 2 (Viggo Mortensen) Luv You
Gollum (Andy Serkis) Thumb Up
Bilbo (Ian Holms)
Theoden in black (Bernard Hill)
FIGWIT X 2 (Bret McKenzie) Mad

PRISMATICS
3 complete sets
2 incomplete sets missing 1, 2(2), 3(2), 10

BASE SETS
19 complete base sets
3 near completed

BOX TOPPERS
4 complete sets

Very pleased overall. Happy to have gotten 2 of Aragorn...my favorite!! Dumb FIGWITS! But my Saruman made up for those. Now off to do some trading!

Posts: 57 | Location: Lousville, Kentucky | Registered: January 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of zhiyu
posted Hide Post
I compleat set. One arwen auto.

Posts: 2 | Location: south lake tahoe | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard! To get any auto out of a topps retail product is great! That it was Arwen even better!
Hope your luck keeps going!
Elephant

If I could live off of cheeseburgers, pizza, and mountain dew-I would.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Card Talk Zhiyu Wave

A pack is good, but a box is better!

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I also got a retail box the other week and managed to pull an auto - Bilbo.

Posts: 833 | Location: Melbourne, VIC. Australia | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Card Talk Zhiyu and congrats on the auto also well done sarah on your auto Smile

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Hiya,

bought 2 LOTR ROTK wave 2 boxes on saturday for £85. thought the prices was ok if i got 2 autos in 1 box!!! Razz

anyway, here's the breakdown.

Box 1:
2 complete basic sets
6 prismatics
#1 (of 2) foil boxtopper
Witch King auto

Box 2 (great box!!!) Dance:
2 complete basic sets
7 prismatics
#1 (of 2) foil boxtopper
Witch King Auto
Gorbag Auto

All in all, i think a nice return for my money. A pity that i can't get a complete prismatic set or the boxtopper set.

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
2 base sets
1 auto - Sean Astin as Sam
6 (of 10) Foil cards - 2 to 7
Box loader 2 (Aragon)

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Buffy
posted Hide Post
Box loader #1 of 2
2 complete base sets
Prismatic #1-4, 9, 10
Saruman auto Bouncey

Posts: 313 | Location: Norway | Registered: April 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Bought a box at the NEC this weekend

Witch King Auto
Gorbag Auto

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Bought a box of the ROTK from a recent NEC toy fair, umed and ahed about opening it but at £40 it was cheap so took a dive in an got....

Auto Vigo Mortensen as Aragorn Bouncey
and both box toppers Smile

so a good box for a cheap price.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Found an opened box in Partners (a stationary shop) and bought six packs.I pulled the following

2 foils and a Bernard Hill auto Bouncey

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
I didn't see this breakdown topic. Found another one, though, and posted mine in there.
I wondered why only the one post in the other - there had to be another somewhere.
I'll copy mine into here.

I got a box, just because. Not that I need anything from this series.

Two Base Sets
Prismatic Foils: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Bonus Foil #1
Auto: Figwit (Bret McKenzie)

I'll be trading everything I got from it, as I already have all the cards I wanted Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
quote:

I got a box, just because. Not that I need anything from this series.

Two Base Sets
Prismatic Foils: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Bonus Foil #1
Auto: Figwit (Bret McKenzie)

I'll be trading everything I got from it, as I already have all the cards I wanted Smile

Just because, sounds as good a reason as any. Bit like climbing a mountain really !

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Got my box in the mail yesterday - wasn't ever able to get one last year when they were released, so I was VERY happy to see it Smile

Topper 2 of 2
Foil 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10
Andy Serkis/Gollum

(VERY happy it wasn't Figwit, but I wanted a Viggo)

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
quote:

(VERY happy it wasn't Figwit, but I wanted a Viggo)

The Serkis auto is a nice one though ! Smile