Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
I was organizing some of my packs/boxes/etc...last night and I noticed I had some leftover packs in one box. I decided to open them knowing I would get anything special. Boy was I wrong. I opened my first pack and found a Christopher Lee auto. Yippee. So I was wondering did anyone out there receive 2 autos in a Wave 1 ROTK hobby box? When stuff like this happens it makes collecting cards that much more of an enjoyable experience.
Cheers - Peter

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
What a surprise! Congrats. Clap

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
very nice surprise esp it being Lee Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
WOW< congrats on the find!! Thumb Up

Mike

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slackjawedyokel:
I was organizing some of my packs/boxes/etc...last night and I noticed I had some leftover packs in one box. I decided to open them knowing I would get anything special. Boy was I wrong. I opened my first pack and found a Christopher Lee auto. Yippee. So I was wondering did anyone out there receive 2 autos in a Wave 1 ROTK hobby box? When stuff like this happens it makes collecting cards that much more of an enjoyable experience.
Cheers - Peter

Not in a wave 1 but I did pull 2 of the 3 auto's from a wave 2 box. Smile

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of darbow
posted Hide Post
Just opened a box. I got:

Box topper: 2 of 2

6x Prismatic Foil Cards: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Karl Urban as Eomer Auto

Posts: 457 | Location: Bristol, U.K | Registered: August 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lotr_fan/collector
posted Hide Post
I went to my card store and bought ten packs and got:

prismatic foil 4,7,6
Bilbo auto

Posts: 25 | Location: Seguin | Registered: January 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Bought 3 boxes at Memorabilia for £20 each, 2 were wave 2:

Theoden, Gamling and Witch-King auto cards.

I also managed to get the 2 different box toppers and a full set of foil cards.

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Cheap box (£30) from Donnington,

Liv Tyler auto Smile

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I just opened a box that I got a fair price on, but was very disappointed when I discovered no auto in the box Mad Confused Shake Head The colation was terrible in this box, too.

Base Sets: 1
Foils: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 10
Box Topper: 1 of 2
Auto: NONE Shake Head

I'll try contacting Topps, but I doubt they'll do anything since there are no guaranteed number of inserts per box.

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Another cheap box.

Theoden auto (In Black)

posted Hide Post
Finally cracked and opened a box I got just after they where released. 6 Prisms and the Lee Auto. Smile

Illudius

Posts: 25 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
very nice. god, i want to finish these sets, but i keep buying new stuff.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blwilson
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a box on the 'bay:

1 base set and most of a second
6 Prims (2,3,4,5,6,7)
John Noble (Denethor) auto card.

Nice set.

Blair

wuher, Scott Rammel, Bond, mars53, Arvin Sloane, Larry C., silmapco, MrSpeed719, spidergoblin, mark64, steve j, barrowjack, indypat75, ra4dunb, Avalon, hammer, Gregor1968, Rich, Scifi Cards, Ryan Cracknell, UofLHoops, Cee_Jay, rachandcarl, brandocles, venom5liter, Warrior Babe, manolito, SciFi Mom, Ariana, Craig, beleay, kidtrek, eman, iki927, jane

Posts: 281 | Location: Surrey, BC, Canada | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Wave 2 box:

Base Sets: 2 + extras
Box Loader: #2
Prismatic Foil Cards: #1, #2, #7, #8, #9, #10
Autographs: Dance
*Bruce Hopkins
*Stephen Ure

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter cloet:
Wave 2 box:

Base Sets: 2 + extras
Box Loader: #2
Prismatic Foil Cards: #1, #2, #7, #8, #9, #10
Autographs: Dance
*Bruce Hopkins
*Stephen Ure

Very nice indeed!! 2 LOTR autos in the same box, don't see that very often (except from the chrome set) congratulations.

Thumb Up

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Congrats Peter cloet! Always nice to beat the odds! Bouncey

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Wave 2 boxes have better odds and most will contain 2 autos

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Peter cloet! Clap

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Just opened a couple of boxes that I got cheap (£20 each).

In the two boxes, I got:

Box Loader - #1 x 2
Prismatic Foils - Full set + 2 spares
Autos - Karl Urban (Eomer) and Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn) Smile

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post