Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Topps)
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
Picture of Punisher13
posted
Got them in today...3 boxes. I didn't break down all of the individual cards into sets yet but I'll post the auto's
Box 1..Aragorn Thumb Up
Box 2..Gollum Metal
Box 3..The Grand prize winner, FIGWIT Mad
There are also 2 different box toppers which are cool.

[This message was edited by xSaBx on November 13, 2003 at 05:36 AM.]

Posts: 5 | Location: North Arlington, NJ...USA | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Charstar
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting your cards and overall good pulls!
Ours are in Huntsville, Just waiting for them to be dropped off at my door! I will post as soon as I can ,because I'm going to tear into those packs ,I mean gently open them! Big Grin

I'm not so bad once you get to know me!........Mr.Smith

Posts: 1028 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I bought one box and pulled foil cards 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8, foil box topper 2 of 2 and the auto I pulled was Richard Taylor. I really wanted the Taylor auto -- it was number 2 on my list behind the (non-existant) Peter Jackson auto. I also got a pack that had 7 of card 21. Why can't I have that happen with auto cards instead of commons? Big Grin And if anyone has a Figwit to part with, I'm all about trading for one...

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
Fiddled with the title of this to reflect the other threads.

Big Grin

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quickbeam
posted Hide Post
Could someone PLEASE post the stated odds on the different autographs.

Thanks in advance,

QB

Posts: 307 | Location: Jacksonville Florida USA | Registered: June 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
These odds were posted on the topps forum by Mutti I assume that they are correct they are the only ones I have seen anywhere so far.

Approximate odds per pack of finding special insert cards:

Prismatic Foil 1:6

Autograph Cards 1:36
Astin, Boyd, Hill, Holm, McKenzie, Mortensen, Noble, Serkis, Taylor, Tyler, Urban and Wenham 1:456
Lee 1:606

No guaranteed number of special insert cards per box.

I have to say i am jelous of you nice people who have had your boxes mine will be here tomorrow. I hope you all get what you want.

[This message was edited by gimli on November 13, 2003 at 07:50 AM.]

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm confused Confused(actually thats my usual state Big Grin i'm really confused).

The last auto list I saw had Peter Jackson and Dominic Monaghan on it and Christopher Lee and Andy Serkis not on it.What happened? Confused

I had heard that the Andy Serkis card had been scrapped because of a spelling error and that the Christopher Lee card was being saved for the Update edition because his scenes were cut from the theatrical version but will be on the DVD.

Also who is the case card signer?Any info appreciated to un confuse me Smile.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
When the news of cards being allocated (my distributor only got half, Cards Inc. only got 75%) I was told it was because they were a couple of autos short. However, I think it was pure speculation on most people's part as to who those were. The official list on Topps website had 15 and included Jackson, Lee, Serkis, and Monaghan. So now I guess we know who the 2 that fell through were.

I have never heard that there was to be a case topper for this set, so unless one just magically shows up I don't think there is one.

I expect that if the 2 missing autos were just late in getting back that they may show up in the Return of the King Update set. But that is just speculation on my (and many others) part.

Ed

I am Scifi... Cards.

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the old debate about to cherry pick or not, but I am interested to know if there is a wrapper pattern like with the first two sets.

Posts: 48 | Location: Toronto, ON | Registered: October 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thao
posted Hide Post
Oooooh, Return of the King cards!! Whoo-hoo, can't wait to crack open the 2 boxes I'll be getting.

Hmm, kinda odd those two missing Autos. Kinda like a deja vu of last year with those other missing Autos (Aragorn, Gandalf and Boromir, I believe they were). They turned up in the Update set, so maybe PJ and Dom's Autos will be in the RotK Update set.

Ack, can't wait, so exciting!! Good luck everyone with your boxes!!

Posts: 106 | Location: Canada | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Picked up 18 packs from my local dealer today. Still do not have a full set, have 4 foils and Gollum Auto. Can't understand why Andy Serkis signed his name to look like "Mel Sel". Maybe he's just a sloppy writer.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
have opened my first case and here is the break down

7 Autographs Frownin 8 boxesFrown
3 full sets of prismatics
3 sets of box toppers

Box 1
Auto Aragorn
Box topper 2 of 2
Prismatics 1 2 3 8 9 10

Box 2
Auto None
Box topper 1 of 2
prismatics 2 3 4 5 6 7

Box 3
Auto Theoden
Box topper 1 of 2
Prismatics 1 2 3 4 5 10

Box 4
Auto Bilbo
Box topper 1 of 2
Prismatics 2 3 4 5 6 7

Box 5
Auto Arwen
Box topper 2 of 2
Prismatics 4 5 6 7 8 9

Box 6
Auto Saruman
Box topper 1 of 2
Prismatics 1 6 7 8 9 10

Box 7
Auto Richard Taylor
Box topper 1 of 2
Prismatics 1 2 2 3 3 4

Box 8
Auto FIGWIT
Box topper 2 of 2
Prismatics 4 5 6 7 8 9

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
Finally picked up my two boxes yesterday...

Box 1 = Box topper #1
Auto.a Hobbit, Bilbo Baggins of the Shire

Box 2 = Box topper #2
Auto. that fool of a Took, Pippin

Thumb Up Mesa being pleased.

"These aren't the cards you're looking for...."

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
Very upset I just opened a case and 7 out of 8 boxes had no prismatics what so ever anyone know the topps email address or postal address I feel cheated

Picture of robwaddle
posted Hide Post
Box 1

Topper 1
Faramir Auto
Foils 1 - 4, 8, 10

Box 2

Topper 2
Pippin Auto
Foils 1 - 5 & 10

Box 3

Topper 1
Arwen Auto
Foils 1, 2, 7 - 10

Box 4

Topper 1
Gollum Auto
Foils 4 - 9.

Box 5

Topper 1
Theoden Auto
Foils 2 - 7

Box 6

Topper 2
Arwen auto
Foils 1, 6 - 8 (2) & 10 Not sure this is right??

Box 7

Topper 2
Theoden Auto
Foils 1, 6 - 10

Box 8

Topper 1.
FIGWIT Auto
Foils 2 - 7

Overall (any errors, I did this in a rush) -

3 complete Topper Sets, 4 complete Foil Sets,

8 Autos, of which 6 are originals and 2 dups (Arwen & Theoden).

"He drew a deep breath. 'Well I'm back,' he said."

Posts: 372 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
have opened my other two case and here is the break down

Box 9
Auto Richard Taylor
Box topper 1 of 2
Prismatics 2 3 4 5 6 7

Box 10
Auto Sam
Box topper 1 of 2
prismatics 1 6 7 8 9 10

Box 11
Auto Gollum
Box topper 2 of 2
Prismatics 1 2 3 4 5 10

Box 12
Auto Arwen
Box topper 2 of 2
Prismatics 1 2 3 8 9 10

Box 13
Auto Aragorn
Box topper 2 of 2
Prismatics 2 3 4 5 6 7

Box 14
Auto Eomer
Box topper 1 of 2
Prismatics 4 5 6 7 8 9

Box 15
Auto Saruman
Box topper 1 of 2
Prismatics 1 2 3 4 5 10

Box 16
Auto Bilbo
Box topper 2 of 2
Prismatics 1 6 7 8 9 10

Box 17
Auto Bilbo
Box topper 2 of 2
Prismatics 4 5 6 7 8 9

Box 18
Auto Denethor
Box topper 2 of 2
prismatics None

Box 19
Auto Pippin
Box topper 2 of 2
Prismatics None

Box 20
Auto Pippin
Box topper 1 of 2
Prismatics None

Box 21
Auto Richard Taylor
Box topper 2 of 2
Prismatics None

Box 22
Auto Gollum
Box topper 1 of 2
Prismatics None

Box 23
Auto Bilbo & Eomer (Makes up for the first case with one auto down)
Box topper 1 of 2
Prismatics 6 only

Box 24
Auto Sam
Box topper 2 of 2
Prismatics None

all in all ok but to have 7 prismatics in a case when there should be 48 is just upseting

Picture of robwaddle
posted Hide Post
Bad luck Gimli Roll Eyes. That's terrible news.

Any chance you can do an overall on the two cases??? I'll be doing my second case tomorrow. I need a break for a few hours.

Rob

"He drew a deep breath. 'Well I'm back,' he said."

Posts: 372 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
ok overall on 3 cases I got a set of 13 autos one of each then spares of sam, gollum, eomer, richard taylor(2), bilbo(3), saruman, arwen, aragorn.
only 8 prismatic sets
and 12 box topper sets
haven't started sorting base sets yet

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was starting to think that I wasn't going to get my boxes today. UPS didn't deliver the package until right before 7:00pm. Here's how they broke down:

Box 1
Box Topper - #1
2 Base sets
Foils - 1,2,3,4,9,10
Auto - Pippin Smile

Box 2
Box Topper - #2
2 Base sets
Foils - 1,2,3,8,9,10
Auto - Gollum Smile

Box 3
Box Topper - NONE
2 Base sets
Foils - 1,6,7,8,9,10
Auto - Arwen Drool

They were definitely worth the wait!!

Greg

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? ~ Freddie Mercury

http://home.mchsi.com/~geerts1/

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Box 1:
Aragorn auto
no box topper
foils 1,2,3,8,9,10

Box 2:
Faramir auto
box topper 2
foils 1,2,3,8,9,10

Box 3:
Theoden auto (signed in black)
box topper 2
foils 1,2,3,4,5,10

Box 4
Denethor auto
NO box topper again
foils 2,3,4,5,6,7

Box 5:
Sam auto
box topper 1
foils 1,2,3,4,5,10

Box 6:
Arwen auto
box toppers 1,2 (yes, both in the envelope)
foils 2,3,4,5,6,7

Box 7:
Gollum auto
box topper 1
foils 4,5,6,7,8,9

Box 8:
Richard Taylor auto
box topper 2
foils 1,6,7,8,9,10

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post