Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Topps)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Well I wasn't planning on getting a box but on the way to the movies I stopped in the shop I frequent and they had them at a reasonable price (plus I get a 10% preferred customer discount which just about negates the sales tax) so I got a box as well as some packs of Xena and Angel 4. My box broke down thusly:

Box Topper- 1/2
Foils- 7/10, 8/10, 9/10, 10/10
Autograph- Christopher Lee (Saruman) Big Grin

Homer Simpson:
Bart, a woman is like a beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:

Box Topper- 1/2
Foils- 7/10, 8/10, 9/10, 10/10
Autograph- Christopher Lee (Saruman) Big Grin

Congratulations!

I was thinking Christopher Lee very loudly when I opened my boxes but it didn't work. Smile

LW

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Odd, I was thinking Liv Tyler when opening the packs but I can't say I'm disappointed, I can always trade it or sell it and use the funds for an Arwen since I don't have any of them yet. Maybe I'll pop down and get 1 more box later, as long as you don't get a box with no auto you can't really do badly on this product. Smile

Homer Simpson:
Bart, a woman is like a beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robwaddle
posted Hide Post
If you don't have a trade arranged, p0ls email me @ the addy above. I'll gladly trade my Arwen for an Aragorn.

Rob

"He drew a deep breath. 'Well I'm back,' he said."

Posts: 372 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
BOX 1:

box topper #1
foil cards 1,7,8,10
Auto: Figwit Frown

BOX 2:
box topper 2
Foil cards 1,2,3,4,5,10
Auto: Gollum Sheep

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Box 1
Box Topper Card #2
Foils 3,4,5,6,7
Auto: John Noble as Denthor

Box 2
Box Topper Card #2
Foils 5,6,7,8,9,10
auto: CHRISTOPHER LEE

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Well, I finally got over to my local card store and asked them for a sealed ROTK box. They said they just sold the last one!!! But there was an open almost full box. We counted up the packs and it was missing only one pack! I was afraid it would be the pack with the auto and they said they remembered the kid that opened the pack and they were all base cards. Yippie! I bought the packs went home and ripped them all open and finally! Got my first auto Big Grin
THEODEN (blue ink). The store also gave me the box topper! They are really nice there and they have a party room for kids to have birthday parties where they have all kinds of games and contests so I always donate my extra base cards to the store.

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendi:
Got my first auto Big Grin
THEODEN (blue ink)

Congratulations, Wendi!

Feels good to pull an auto, doesn't it...?

--
xSaBx :: Mistress of Stuff ::

'I swear I am completely unimpressed by clever answers'
REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
Ok here is my box breakdown I opened today, I will give you the other three boxes later.

Box Topper 1 (Already have two of these, that I know from my other two boxes)

Prisms 1,6,7,8,9,10

Autograph John Noble as Denethor (Just ok, I don't have it, but nothing spectacular) His signature is in blue sharpie and looks like a mess too.

"Rise up once more, my Dark Avenger!
Rise up, my unholy Horseman!
Come forth again through the Tree of the Dead..."

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoftrader
posted Hide Post
Hey Gang Wavey

My entire weekend revolved around getting to the comic shop and picking up a hobby box! No earth shattering news, but here's how it went down......

2 Base Sets
Bonus Foil #1
Foils #1 2 3 4 9 10
Faramir auto.

I didn't know there was going to be a box topper, so at first I thought I landed some sort of big time bonus when I saw the little white envelope on top of the packs Big Grin

Brian Smokin'

Posts: 192 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Charstar
posted Hide Post
quote:
I didn't know there was going to be a box topper, so at first I thought I landed some sort of big time bonus when I saw the little white envelope on top of the packs

My hubby and I are thinking of mailing small # of Christmas cards in the cute envelopes. Time to break out my Stamping up stuff and make cute cards of my own to fit in there.

I have enjoyed seeing what everyone is getting.
Congrats on all the great pulls!

In honor of daughter going on pointe soon.- Charstar

Posts: 1028 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of hoftrader
posted Hide Post
Cool idea Char Thumb Up That would definitely get people's attention!

Brian Smokin'

Posts: 192 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
opened 3 more cases yesterday here is the break down

1 x Saruman
3 x Aragorn
3 x Figwit
2 x Sam
3 X Pippin
1 x Arwen
2 x Faramir
1 x Eomer
1 x Richard Taylor
1 x Bilbo
2 x Gollum
2 x Denethor
2 x Theoden (both in Black)

So 1 full set and to make it even better I had a full set from the first 2 cases.

and 13 full sets of prismatics and with the spares from this and the last cases I made up another 3 sets
so more sorting of base sets to come

however there were a high number of miss cut cards in 3 boxes.

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Foster
posted Hide Post
Just got done sorting.

2 base sets
Box Topper 2/2
Foil Cards- 1,6,7,8,9,10
Auto- Arwen (Liv Tyler) Bouncey

Very happy with this box.

Posts: 6 | Location: Americus, GA USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brandon
posted Hide Post
If anyone is interested I picked up a retail box from my local store and the odds were:

24 packs per box.
Foils 1:6
"blended" auto rate 1:122 (1:5 boxes)
Lee 1:2059 (1:86 boxes)
Astin, Boyd, Hill, Holm, McKenzie, Mortensen, Noble, Serkis, Taylor, Tyler, Urban, and Wenham each 1:1550. (1:65 boxes.)

My breakdown of the box is:
1 complete set
4 prismatic foils
0 autographs

Thanks
Brandon

Posts: 69 | Location: Lawton, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: June 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thao
posted Hide Post
Got my 2 Boxes today Big Grin!!

Here's the Breakdown:

1 Bilbo Auto
1 Eomer Auto
4 Base Sets (3 cards short of a 5th set)
1 Boxtopper Set
2 Foils of #1-4
1 Foil each of 5, 6, 9, and 10

Posts: 106 | Location: Canada | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
6 Foil cards
1 auto - Faramir
Box topper 1 of 2
base set

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steshell
posted Hide Post
6 Foil cards
2 autos - Faramir & Denethor
Box topper 1 of 2
base set

Posts: 234 | Location: Telford, Shropshire, United Kingdom | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Brandon
posted Hide Post
Got another box today:

Total of 7 foil cards
Box Topper 2 of 2
1 Base Set
1 Pippin Autograph

Posts: 69 | Location: Lawton, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: June 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bladecmc
posted Hide Post
Finally got my box today...quick breakdown

Box Topper - #1
Foils - 1,2,3,8,9,10
Auto - John Noble as Denethor

Ah well....could have been worse...might have got no auto like some of you Cool

Check out my Wants at www.bladecmc.net

Posts: 122 | Location: Ireland | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post