Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Garbage Gang Series 3 (Regina/Topps 1988)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Garbage Gang Series 3 (Regina/Topps 1988)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I decided to speculate on a single box of these now that they are showing up in bulk. It's a version of Garbage Pail Kids original Series 3, printed on mini-size cards (similar to the UK version of GPK) and produced in New Zealand by Regina, also for distribution in Australia. There were a couple of Garbage Gang series published in the UK in 1991/1992, and these aren't those. Packaging says copyright 1988 by Regina and cards show the original copyright 1986 by Topps.

Box contains 48 cello packs of 3 cards and 1 stick of gum. The cellophane probably keeps the gum more preserved than other packagings do, but I still think I'll pass.

Base set includes 82 numerical cards 84a-124a and 84b-124b plus 35 reported variations.

Reports were that collation was lousy, with it being "unlikely to complete a set from a single box." I would call that a huge understatement.

Out of the 144 cards in the box, I managed only 32 cards toward the numerical set and 36 cards toward the 117-card variation set. Most often, the cards that were inside provided 3-4 copies of each, resulting in lots of zeroes. Oddly, not a single card-back checklist was in my box.

So, if you decide to go after this series by opening packs, be prepared to acquire a handful of boxes.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of PEZSTILENCE
posted Hide Post
I noticed this post just after buying a couple of boxes off ebay and wiating for them to arrive, which was some weirdly coincidental timing, really. I live in NZ and grew up with these stickers, but unfortunately as a kid i didn't look after them as well as i do now with cards. Heh, i even have a few with writing on the back and such.

Anyway, i've only opened one box and as you mentioned the collation is quite ****, but i seem to have faired better than you despite having 20 odd packs still unopened at the moment. 47 different numeric cards and i haven't yet checked for variations but i don't hold out much hope for those.

The other box i won't be opening as im reselling it locally, but i have quite a few duplicates amongst those remaining unopened packs.

If i see another box or two back on ebay i'll probably try and pick 'em up.

Posts: 7 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post