Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Marilyn Monroe Collector Cards (Breygent Marketing)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marilyn Monroe Collector Cards (Breygent Marketing)
 Login/Join

posted
I didn't see a thread started on this one so I thought I'd start one.
The base card and chase cards sets look great. Breygent did an amazing job.
They are really base cards that you can enjoy.

I beat the odds and got 7 costume cards in my case. I didn't get a full set though, missing the glove. I did get 3 scarfs and 2 linen hankies.

The sketches look good to as expected. You really can't be unhappy with a case that has a Pence, Miller, Henderson and two Kongs in it. You got to love these smaller releasesSmile

Hat

Scarf

Linen Hankie

Polka Dot Hankie

Kevin McCarthy Auto

Brian Kong 1

Brian Kong 2

Chris Henderson

Connie Persmapieri 1

Connie Persmapieri 2

Jason Hughes 1

Jason Hughes 2

Paul Shipper 1

Paul Shipper 2

Sean Pence

Steven Miller

Travis Walton

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great case.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
What a great case. Clap

I am intrested in trading for any extras you have . Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalekfan
posted Hide Post
Lovely pulls. Well done!!! Metal

Posts: 449 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our 4 box break netted the following:

2 Chris Hendersons

1 Jason Hughes and 1 Steven Miller

Check-Out-My-Cards ID: BigI929Deals

Posts: 113 | Location: SW PA | Registered: January 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
dear lord, that miller is amazing. what a great sketch!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those are some fabulous breaks Smile
Well done Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bought 5 packs and pulled:

Marliyn Monroe scarf card (unfortunately, there's just a tiny bit of stringy fabric on the card as if it was one of the last cards being produced and they were just trying to use all the scraps.)

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I know this is the breakdown thread, but I picked up a base set for my wife and it was super. The guys at Brygent have done another great job.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
I know this is the breakdown thread, but I picked up a base set for my wife and it was super. The guys at Brygent have done another great job.

I couldn't agree more. I also have a set for my wife and she loves it and she's not even into cards! Definetly pick up a base set of this one even if you don't plan on collecting any of the chase, it's one of the best.

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have already posted this in the OTBD post but I thought I should put a copy here too.

My box contained

1 base set

3 cards from Swim Suit Fun

MS1, MS2, MS3

3 cards from The Shot seen around the World

MD7, MD8, MD9

4 cards from Marilyn Behind the Scenes

MB1, MB2, MB3, MB4

a Sketch card by Dennis Budd as shown below.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
i too bought a box 2082/3000. i pulled one base set, and about 60 cards for another
marilyn behind the scenes-1,2,3.
marilyn the shot seen'round the world-6,7,8,9.
marilyn swimsuit fun-3,4.
the sketch cardi pulled is a very nice rendering from leah mangue
i also pulled a marilyn monroe scarf card from the box too

Posts: 25 | Location: richmond , va | Registered: February 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
oh i am sorry about your sketch it looksa more like a fat madonna

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I opened one box I got at Collectormania.
I got one base set.

The sketch is by Dennis Budd.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just bought a box. Here's the break:

Marilyn Monroe scarf
Kevin McCarthy auto

no sketch

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
1 more box:

Sean Pence sketch