Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Disneyland 50th Anniversary (Upper Deck)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disneyland 50th Anniversary (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
At least Upper Deck let people know this set was coming on their web site!

Unlike some sets in the Disney Treasures grouping, you can expect to get a base set in a single box. The "base cards" are skip-numbered, though: 1-50 (Debut Attractions), 101-105 (Lands), and 106-115 (Greatest Moments). These 65 cards are seeded at 4 per pack, minus the die-cut Haunted Mansion cards.

"Chase" include 1-per-pack Attractions Posters cards (51-100) and 1:6 packs Haunted Mansion die-cuts (116-125).

I was lucky - my two boxes were "companion" boxes, with the duped commons different, and no dupes for the Posters and Die-Cuts. So I come pretty close to a third basic set and a full set of the chasers.Razz Boxes are 24 packs of 5.

Box 5839
24 of 50 Movie Posters (no dupes)
4 of 10 Haunted Mansion (no dupes)
Base Cards: 92 (expect 1.42 sets on average)
- 1(38) 2(27)

Box 5841
24 of 50 Movie Posters (no dupes)
4 of 10 Haunted Mansion (no dupes)
Base Cards: 92 (expect 1.42 sets on average)
- 1(38) 2(27)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Having had some bad luck with the last few Disney Treasures releases I only purchased one box and was pleasantly surprised.

1 Debut Attractions set + 20 doubles
22 of 50 Attractions Posters + 2 doubles
1 Five Lands set + 3 doubles
1 Great Moments sets + 4 doubles
4 of 10 Haunted Mansion Die-Cuts

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Are there sketch cards in this release?

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, no. Shake Head

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
Are there sketch cards in this release?

Nope, no sketches in this one.

A pretty basic set, for those that don't like to chase hard-to-get cards.

I hate the numbering system though. Chase cards should not be numbered within the set.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Good for me Smile I'm still working on the sketch cards from Treasures 1, 2, and 3.

Haven't even begun Holiday Treasures sketches yet Frown Couldn't bear to have a fifth set pop up already ...

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jason
posted Hide Post
I am with you Over Worked Mom, its tough to get excited about the new sets when I cant seem to complete the ones I have.

BTW Awesome quote you have there.
I was always fond of "Wrinkles only go where smiles have been."

Posts: 53 | Location: Ohio | Registered: September 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kingraider32
posted Hide Post
I broke four boxes and didn't make a master set. I was 3 Haunted Mansions short, but I got them off Ebay. I agree that Disney Treasures has some of the worst collation in the hobby, including sports, so I don't know if I want to continue set chasing these releases.

Posts: 295 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post