Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Elvis Is (Presspass)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elvis Is (Presspass)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I'm almost positive it's 6/6. I just checked several pics and both the gold (/299) and platinum (/99) versions have the numbers oriented the same way. I can't imagine they would reverse it just for the tag version. Here's an example:

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
All the better thanks! I didnt think to search that out I was so happy to get it! After I got the auto I thought about selling the rest cheap, then I thought open and see what other inserts ther are! Thanks goodness I did! And thank you!

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
thats probably about the most impressive Costume piece ive ever seen. Thats up there with some sports patchs, only this is actually something unique. I love that it has his size on it, considering. thats the pull of a collecting lifetime, congrats on that!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice cards Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
Thanks I thought it would a hard card to top, my best pull ever!

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello all.

Watcher..Congrats ..I just pulled the 3 of 6 Tag Exclusive of the Karate Uniform so your card is indeded a 6 of 6. Quite nice.

Anyone have a guess what they might be worth?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jimmy Jazz,

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I dont know but I think it is pretty impressive that two people on this board pulled two of only six cards. Thumb Up

OOPS! I guess it is worth $301.09..... Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Jazz:
Hello all.

Watcher..Congrats ..I just pulled the 3 of 6 Tag Exclusive of the Karate Uniform so your card is indeded a 6 of 6. Quite nice.

Anyone have a guess what they might be worth?

Awesome!! Sheep Get off of my blue suede shoes....

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Picked up two of the retail "blaster" boxes tonight and boy am I glad I did! (No, I didn't get the cut autograph card.)

Blaster #1:

Foldout timeline card 1935-1957

Elvis Is insert #1

On the Record insert #6

and

Elvis Worn Pajamas memorabilia card #EW-PJ!!!
(solid black fabric swatch) Clap

Blaster #2:

Foldout Timeline card 1966-1969

Elvis Is insert #6

On the Record #1

and...

Elvis Worn Karate Uniform Platinum Edition #d 94/99!!!!
(solid blue swatch) Dance Dance Dance

How cool to get not one costume card, but two!? As I got the boxes I was hoping to get a costume card. Of course a cut autograph would be the ultimate, but it was not a realistic expectation. In the retail blasters the costume cards were 1 per 84 packs! The autographs were 1 per 96 packs, but to be honest, I was more interested in the costumes.

I will try to trade for a complete set of these. Nice cards of one of my favorite performers of all time!

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
I dont know but I think it is pretty impressive that two people on this board pulled two of only six cards. Thumb Up

OOPS! I guess it is worth $301.09..... Wink

A one point it was at $890. Should have ended the auction. Don't know why the ******* around with the price by the bidders.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack London:

I will try to trade for a complete set of these. Nice cards of one of my favorite performers of all time!

Saw some reruns of his Elvis show on last week. What a great performer he was. Let's hope people don't forget.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
We were able to make our first visit to Graceland last month. The mansion is a surprisingly warm and comfortable place. Very neat to see just how special he was to his fans. When we were there I counted five different languages being spoken by the other fans on the tour. Truly an international favorite!

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Got a couple more blasters tonight, hoping for one more costume card. Didn't get a costume, but did get a Barbara Eden autograph card! Dance

Also was able to complete my base card set and am only a few inserts away from a mini-master set!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack London:
Picked up two of the retail "blaster" boxes tonight and boy am I glad I did! (No, I didn't get the cut autograph card.)

Blaster #1:

Foldout timeline card 1935-1957

Elvis Is insert #1

On the Record insert #6

and

Elvis Worn Pajamas memorabilia card #EW-PJ!!!
(solid black fabric swatch) Clap

Blaster #2:

Foldout Timeline card 1966-1969

Elvis Is insert #6

On the Record #1

and...

Elvis Worn Karate Uniform Platinum Edition #d 94/99!!!!
(solid blue swatch) Dance Dance Dance

How cool to get not one costume card, but two!? As I got the boxes I was hoping to get a costume card. Of course a cut autograph would be the ultimate, but it was not a realistic expectation. In the retail blasters the costume cards were 1 per 84 packs! The autographs were 1 per 96 packs, but to be honest, I was more interested in the costumes.

Great!! Clap

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Opened up a case of this product as I am a huge fan of Elvis and these were on a liquidation from my distributor. My auto.'s pulls:

and my Memorabilia pulls were:

I was certainly happy with the 04/08 Buttons exclusive and also the press plate pull. I was very happy that I made this purchase.
Jason

Posts: 130 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
wow, excellent case! how could you ask for anything more?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well done & welcome to card talk Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great case,and welcome to Card Talk.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Awesome... Thumb Up