Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Kick-A$$ Trading Cards (Dynamic Forces 2010)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kick-A$$ Trading Cards (Dynamic Forces 2010)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted
Case break:

Autos
Tom Palmer x7 (4 variations)
Colton Worley x4 (2 variations)
John Romita Jr. x3 (2 variations)
John Barber x10 (5 variations)
Ken Haeser x4 (2 variations)
Johnny Hopkins

Character "Autos"
Big Daddy x3
Kick-A$$ x3
Hit-Girl x4
Red Mist x3

Costumes
Big Daddy (yellow variant)
Hit-Girl x2 (skirt variant)
Kick-A$$ x5
Red Mist x3

(apparently one of my boxes was missing a costume, I just noticed)

Hand Colored cards
#6 x2

(3 of them are just black & white, #3 has just the blood colored)

Sketch Cards
Ken Haeser x4
Mark Pennington x3
RAM

Inserts
Chrome Puzzle Version 1 - 1 complete set, 3 extras
Chrome Puzzle Version 2 - 1 complete set, 3 extras
Bloody Cards - 2 complete sets, 5 extras
Behind the Scenes - 2 complete sets, 6 extras

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Miss Lizzy,

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Sketches

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

This set looks fantastic, I hadn't even realised it had been released.

I will need to find boxes to purchase, not proving easy in the UK at the moment.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
It must have come out today. If you have a comic shop near you, they can order the cards from Diamond's previews catelogue.
When the set was originally solicited, there was an offer of 2 boxes, a binder and a sketch card or two. I asked my comic shop to order me a set, so I wonder if that offer will be fullfilled.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
It must have come out today. If you have a comic shop near you, they can order the cards from Diamond's previews catelogue.
When the set was originally solicited, there was an offer of 2 boxes, a binder and a sketch card or two. I asked my comic shop to order me a set, so I wonder if that offer will be fullfilled.

My case was delivered at the Philly show last weekend. So it's out there now.

There is no binder as far as I can tell. It was not offered when it came time to really submit orders where I ordered mine from. But, you never know with DF and Diamond. Sometimes exclusive deals are made.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:

There is no binder as far as I can tell. It was not offered when it came time to really submit orders where I ordered mine from. But, you never know with DF and Diamond. Sometimes exclusive deals are made.

Ed

your one of the VERY few that bought a case
almost nobody has them
this is like the least sold card product ever

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

Thanks Raj, I will give my local shop a try but the only cards he has ever ordered have been Heroes, Indiana Jones, Lost and Smallville.

If you have any tips on good non-sport providers in the UK I would be happy to hear from you.

I am pretty new to the hobby.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
quote:
quote:

Ed

your one of the VERY few that bought a case
almost nobody has them
this is like the least sold card product ever

I have two comic book shows yet this year plus a comic/toy show in December.

I didn't figure I could go without having any of this one for those shows. We'll see if there's any interest.

I'm afraid I might regret buying the case if they start blowing out inventory to get rid of it though. I don't know how many cases were made, but it was probably too many.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by william291077:
Howdy,

Thanks Raj, I will give my local shop a try but the only cards he has ever ordered have been Heroes, Indiana Jones, Lost and Smallville.

If you have any tips on good non-sport providers in the UK I would be happy to hear from you.

I am pretty new to the hobby.

TTFN

No problem.
If you want a sealed box then they can order a box specifically for you even if they don't want one for the shop. They might ask for a deposit.
Usually, the problem (in the UK) is when shops get boxes, sell by the pack and the packs don't sell. My comic shop has pretty much stopped getting boxes unless someone asks for a box. At one stage, they had a load of leftover packs from various releases that they had to get rid of cheap.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know how many cases were made, but it was probably too many.

Ed

I believe it was 250.

Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I will ask my local shop about ordering, thanks.

How many boxes are in a case? The DF website wont let me access any trading card information.

TTFN

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
quote:
I don't know how many cases were made, but it was probably too many.

Ed

I believe it was 250.

The DF website says 400, but that could have been cut as it doesn't seem to be updated for the release. And is that really the per box price? Can't say as I expect to be seeing any of this at my local place.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by william291077:
How many boxes are in a case? The DF website wont let me access any trading card information.

You could also check with one of the Friendly Dealers™ that advertise on Card Talk. I'm sure you can find some and I'll bet they ship worldwide too.

There are 12 boxes in a case.

I don't know what the DF website prices them at but I figure you can find these for $65 or less on the open market.

Ed

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
If they're priced on their website the way they did the Dawn 20th cards then it's something around $84-96 per box based on the per pack MSRP.

I was able to cancel my order through Diamond just in time apparently (also gave up and canceled Project Superpowers too). This set keeps sliding further and further down my list evertime I see more from it. I'll consider a box if the price is right down the road. But right now I'd rather the collectors be able to get what they want and the friendly dealers be able to maximize their sales of it!

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Opened a box Sunday while bored to tears in Detroit...

1 Base Set
2 Chrome Chase (of 9)
2 Black/White Bloody Chase (of 9)
2 Behind the Scenes Chase (of 9)
1 Hand Colored Card #6 of 6
1 Kick A$$ "autograph"
1 John Barber autograph card #48/131
1 John Romita Jr. autograph card #18/99 Thumb Up
1 Hit Girl Costume Card Thumb Up

Overall, they did a pretty good job on these. I was impressed that the costume cards are actual material worn, not fabric used to make.

No sketch, and they don't tell you who hand colored the colored cards. So I'm guessing it's nobody notable unlike the Dawn cards.

It's going to be tough to put together the chase sets at only 2 per box. Especially since there won't be a lot of dealers breaking this one in quantity.

Still, it was a fun little diversion on a slow show day on Sunday.

Ed

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I opened 3 boxes - one was loaded.
I was told (by my comic shop) that the binders are out next week.

Sketches

Ken Haeser (unnumbered), Gordon Purcell (8AP/10), mark Pennington (308)

Hand coloured - can you tell what's missing?

Costume

Comic related autos

Tom Palmer (70/125-black), (199/263-blue), Ken Haeser (309/459)
John Barber (comic editor) (35/130-black), (63/128-red)

Film actor autos

Johnny Hopkins (53/148) (1st gang kid)
Deborah Twiss (7/102) (Mrs. Zane)

Film character autos

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hobby boxes hold 24 packs of 6 cards. Expect 1.34 sets of 100 base cards if collation were perfect.

BOX 1

Base sets (100): 1 complete, 33 extras
Chrome Puzzle Card Version 1 (1:24 packs): 1 of 9
Chrome Puzzle Card Version (1:24 packs): 1 of 9
Behind-the-Scenes Cards (1:12 packs): 5 of 9, 6 of 9
B&W Bloody Cards (1:12 packs): 7 of 9, 8 of 9
Autographed Cards (1:12 packs): Tom Palmer [46/448 #89 blue], Tom Palmer [139/206 #1 red]
Character Signed Cards (1:24 packs): Big Daddy
Hand-Drawn Sketch Cards (1:24 packs): Mark Pennington [208]
Hand-Colored Cards: none
Costume Cards: Kick-***

BOX 2

Base sets (100): 1 complete, 34 extras
Chrome Puzzle Card Version 1 (1:24 packs): 4 of 9
Chrome Puzzle Card Version (1:24 packs): 4 of 9
Behind-the-Scenes Cards (1:12 packs): 2 of 9, 3 of 9
B&W Bloody Cards (1:12 packs): 4 of 9, 5 of 9
Autographed Cards (1:12 packs): John Barber [73/284 #89 blue], Tom Palmer [138/206 #1 red]
Character Signed Cards (1:24 packs): Big Daddy
Hand-Drawn Sketch Cards (1:24 packs): none
Hand-Colored Cards: Design 1 of 6
Costume Cards: none

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post