Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Falcon and The Winter Soldier, The (Upper Deck, 2022)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/2527022007

March 25, 2023, 11:45 AM
xtime
Falcon and The Winter Soldier, The (Upper Deck, 2022)
Picked-up a blaster box at Target.

5 packs, 6 cards each

20 base
5 yellow parallel 1:1
3 WWW 1:1.85
1 Line-Up 1:5
1 BTS 1:3.35

Film Cels, autos, sketches & Character profiles available at extremely high odds.

Overall Grade: D/D- Confused
Pros: wrapper & box design.
Cons: COST!!! Considering the cost each box should have guaranteed a hit, even if, it was something manufactured.
Base and chase designs appear to be a carryover from Captain America.
Unless you get real lucky DO NOT expect much bang for your buck.

Anybody open a HOBBY Box? Please post. Smokin'

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

April 05, 2023, 05:31 AM
mykdude
Not really into the show plus early pricing of hobby product is for people who are not me.

Watched a 3 box break which rolled out as follows:

Parallel in every pack (generally blue or red)
3 Film Cel cards
3 Flag Smasher inserts numbered to 225
2 Forged Vibranium (Cheadle and Matcke)
1 Matcke Autograph Film Cel

So either the inserted hits are higher than the checklist or there are a bunch of boxes with no hits. Seeing that it is Upper Deck I would lean towards the latter.

If I remember correctly I think I calculated Autographs at roughly 3 per case.

If each base card has a parallel number to 225 at 1 per box that equals to roughly 1600 - 1650 hobby cases giving room for retail hits.
There is one sketch card every two cases.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mykdude,

April 05, 2023, 09:54 AM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
So either the inserted hits are higher than the checklist or there are a bunch of boxes with no hits. Seeing that it is Upper Deck I would lean towards the latter.

It's not exactly that there are no hits. It's that what UD considers to be a hit may not be what the buyer considers a hit, or may not even be in the type of hit the buyer collects. That's the reason why I can't buy this product or any of the Wandavision boxes that I left on the shelf.

I collect autograph cards. I know I'm probably not going to get a great autograph card in any average box of any title. It will be a common signer. That's the chance you take, but at least give me the common.

UD doesn't guarantee that. Not even a $10 autograph card. Not even in very expensive boxes.

UD has been using a skip box hit formula in most product. You could get an autograph, or a sketch, or a relic, or a plate, or something really useless like a manufactured film cell or a fake prop or a numbered parallel. I'm only looking for an autograph, anybody's autograph. Wink

If UD can't promise a common signature in every box and I'm pulling film cells and stuff I have no interest in for good money, I can't touch it. Which is too bad for me, but mostly too bad for UD if they want to sell more cards. Big Grin
April 07, 2023, 05:23 AM
mykdude
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
It's not exactly that there are no hits. It's that what UD considers to be a hit may not be what the buyer considers a hit, or may not even be in the type of hit the buyer collects. That's the reason why I can't buy this product or any of the Wandavision boxes that I left on the shelf.

My statement came from the posted checklist. States that there should be 1 hit from a list of 5 or 6 different items. The box breaks I saw were 2 hits per box.

quote:
I collect autograph cards. I know I'm probably not going to get a great autograph card in any average box of any title. It will be a common signer. That's the chance you take, but at least give me the common.

Yeah UD simply is not worth the risk of purchasing new product. Especially when I can often grab a base set, some parallels AND an autograph I actually want for the price of a sealed box or less. UD seems to be more like a lottery than the others.

April 07, 2023, 11:11 AM
Raven
quote:
quote:

quote:

My statement came from the posted checklist. States that there should be 1 hit from a list of 5 or 6 different items. The box breaks I saw were 2 hits per box.

That's interesting. UD has been accused of putting out dud boxes before, but I don't know what checklist you saw, or if there have been complaints on this product.

Generally speaking, UD hobby boxes usually do carry one main and one minor card from that spectrum of items they call "hits". The problem is, if they don't pull an autograph or even a sketch, what the buyers actually get may not seem like a "hit" or be valued like a "hit" to them.