Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Vampire Diaries Season 1 (Cryptozoic 2011)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vampire Diaries Season 1 (Cryptozoic 2011)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by riddler_149:
quote:
Originally posted by AlexC:
I was wondering if I might have done better buying a case. I ended up buying 10 boxes overall. The odds of autos and materials were a bit off per box as some of them were missing autos but some had 2, I also had a box with 3 autos.But it balanced out in the end and I ended up with 11 autos. Only sad part is I never got any of the three main cast members.

I think that this was a better release for case breakers. With the likelihood of getting at least one of the big three in a case and plenty of solid hits, I ended up buying five boxes that I preorders and then two cases for $595 each once the hysteria died down a bit. So far I have managed to get about 75% of the set and have ended up really only paying for the boxes because of the way that the Hu's and Kebbell's are selling.

Thanks, I guess for future sets I'm planning on making a master set of. I will be buying a case instead.

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I opened a box of this too. Here is what I received:

1 base set with some cards slightly indented on the bottom
4 foil cards: F02, F05, F06, F08
2 die-cut cards: D04, D05
Autograph A17 Susan Walters
Wardrobe M6 Bonnie Bennett, gold cloth

I do like the design of the autograph and wardrobe cards.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Picked up 2 boxes at the Royal National mart today.

D01, D03, D08, D09
F02 (x2), F05, F07 (x4), F09 (one of the F07 has sort of foil smear)

Costumes
M2 - Stefan Salvatore
M6 - Bonnie Bennett (Gold swatch)

Autos
A14 - Areille Kebbel as Lexi Branson
A16 - Kayla Ewell as Vicki Donovan

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Millhouse here I Bought some loose packs 20 in total and pulled the following autograph card a A14 Arielle Kebbel as Lexi Branson

Not Bad I thinks

from a very happy millhouse Elephant Elephant Elephant

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This was finally resolved with a big thanks to John Nee from Cryptozic. They went out of their way to make this right. So glad to get closure on this.

quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
All my base set cards came damaged. Since no one else mentioned this maybe I just got a bad box. My cards were dented, dinged, had pit marks and what appears to be some sort of machine roll crease. For some reason the bonus cards were fine. I just wrote Cryptozoic and hopefully this will be taken care of. I hope no one else has this problem.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FRANK AMICO,

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I got a nice response from Cryptozoic on Thursday and they replaced my missing wardrobe card and sent me 5 free packs of Vampire Diaries, along with a nice note (on very cool stationary) indicating that they were working on getting quality assurance up and running and thanking me for my patience. Excellent job from Cryptozoic, I'm sure you will hear something from them soon.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
I bought 4 boxes a while ago, a bit dissapointed at the main pulls, but you can`t hit jackpot everytime Wink One box was missing an auto and one box was missing a costume. I have contacted cryptozoic, and it seems they may help me with my missing hits Smile

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are the replacement cards for my missing Case #1 hits from Cryptozoic (very pleased!):

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hitdog44:
One Hobby Case Break:

I didn't pull any of the 3 main characters' autographs and got shorted 1 autograph and 3 wardrobes overall, but I liked the autographs/wardrobes that I did get even with the horrible coallation:

Posts: 19 | Location: South Bay, CA | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Wow hitdog44, they are great replacements Thumb Up

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Well I got a case of VD 1. I was so excited for it, but it disappointed me a lot. I'm thinking I might contact Cryptozoic about the multiples that I got. The collation was terrible, in my opinion. Oh and one of my costumes was damaged.

Here's what I got:

A6 Candice Accola as Caroline Forbes Smile
A7 Zach Roerig as Matt Donovan
A10 Matt Davis as Alaric Saltzman
A11 Julie Plec as Executive Producer
A15 Kelly Hu as Pearl Big Grin
A17 Susan Walters as Carol Lockwood x 4! Mad
A20 Bianca Lawson as Emily Bennett x 3! Mad

M3 Elena Gilbert (light swatch) x 2! Mad
M6 Bonnie Bennett (dark brown)
M8 Jeremy Gilbert
M11 Caroline Forbes (yellow)
M12 Damon Salvatore
M14 Damon Salvatore - damaged Roll Eyes
M15 Matt Donovan x2! Mad
M17 Vicki Donovan (white)
M18 Alaric Saltzman
M20 Katherine Pierce Bouncey

So I am definitely contacting Crypto about the damaged card, I will probably mention the multiple doubles (or should I say quadruples and triples), I don't expect anything, but they should know how bad the collation is. And it might make me feel better to vent.

Posts: 1952 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The early Cryptozoic releases were notorious for their poor collation which is common with new companies finding their way.Recent releases have been much better(see the perfect autograph collations in the Castle set for example).

Looking at other cases on previous pages your break is sadly fairly typical of this release Frown .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post