Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Avengers 50th Anniversary (Unstoppable Cards, 2012)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avengers 50th Anniversary (Unstoppable Cards, 2012)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:

Aston Cover (not an Aston Martin, though)

Looks like this sketch that I got has the roller damage (just left of centre, just above the car).

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had not noticed any roller damage on my sketches but had not looked closely. When I have checked I can't find any roller damage out of the case I split.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
My two disasters - I'm still most disappointed. Frown

For those who have not seen the roller damage.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just for the record, these are my four spoiled sketches. I'm especially upset about the Aston Roy Cover (iconic champagne bottle 'shot' from opening titles) and Paul Williams' Emma Peel sketches:

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Broke a case and did not get a Diana Rigg autograph. Shake Head

Problem resolved with great assistance from Jason, Thanks.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh wow, That is a F'ed up. Sorry about your loss, Kevin. What made those marks?

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
Oh wow, That is a F'ed up. Sorry about your loss, Kevin. What made those marks?
The general concensus is that it was the rollers picking up and redistributing some ink/paint during the packing process. The company that did the packing for Unstoppable have a lot to answer for Twak

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
They sure do. Jason may have got in touch with some people, but not with me. If I see at Memorabelia - I will have a chat with him. He is a top man.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
What is company doing about this cards? As sketches were a major part of the sell and a proportion are mucked up they can't have replacements for all - Can they??

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why wouldn't the original artwork have been put into plastic sleeves? I don't get this whole sorting thing. Why a machine?

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
Why wouldn't the original artwork have been put into plastic sleeves? I don't get this whole sorting thing. Why a machine?
Not all sketch cards are put in plastic sleeves before being dropped into packs. The recent DC New 52 sketches were just plain cards in the sealed packs. I would imagine for the quantities involved automated packaging is the only viable option. With relatively small releases like those from Axebone (1000 individual sets) and the Pernas (550), it's just about possible to manually sort and pack everything but with 10 cards to a sealed pack, 24 packs to a box and then 10 boxes to a case it isn't something you can do by hand.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem with my sketches as well. Wrote to them but I am still waiting for any way to resolve this. A number of cards also had some roller damage creasing.

A real shame-such an expensive product and so much work only to have defaced artwork.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
The situation regarding the roller marks has been disappointing, the easiest way to package 280,000 cards into a boxed product is by using feeders and have the printers do this for us and we are working with the printers to ensure that this does not happen again. Smaller products such as NotLD and the Loaded Packs can easily be hand collated.

Frank-responded to you today from my personal email address

Jason

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received my replacement for the damaged sketches. Thank you for the great service Jason!

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Got my 3rd box.

Autos
Julian Glover
William Gaunt
Honor Blackman

Mrs. Peel by Rich Molinelli

Mrs. Peel by Ingrid Hardy

Steed & Mrs. Peel by Carolyn Edwards

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
stunning box raj best i have seen you must be Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john the hat:
stunning box raj best i have seen you must be Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I was not displeased.