Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    I Need an Island Dreams Vacation ( Island Dreams Cards , 2021 )
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Need an Island Dreams Vacation ( Island Dreams Cards , 2021 )
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Got 10 packs of the latest charity set from Marty Kuklinski who does a fantastic unpaid job organising the release Clap . Kudos also to all the artists who gave of their time for free Thumb Up .

Each pack has the five base cards plus either three sketches or two sketches and a Sunken Treasure relic . I also got two of the randomly inserted 5 x 7 sketches Smile .

The two 5 x 7 sketches by Ernie Stinero and Dan Lawler .

Sunken Treasure Big Grin .

Sadia Chaudry x 2 , Paul Maitland .

Shawn Corcoran , Brandhen Snyder , Kelly Greider.

Edward Santia , John Soukup .

Clinton Yeager , William Withers III .

April Reyna x 2 .

Marc Mercado x 2 .

Rickey Kipfer , Aaron Laurich .

Ashley Marsh , Jason Montoya .

Laecio De Oliveira x 2

Laecio De Oliveira , Joe Orsak .

Christina Ranberger , James Rodriguez .

Rhiannon Owens x 2 .

Huy Truong x 2 .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
OMG!!!! Eek

Those Huy Truong ones are awesome. Thumb Up

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
OMG!!!! Eek

Those Huy Truong ones are awesome. Thumb Up

I know ! I am blanking on the names of the two actors , any stars of the silver screen experts know ?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The first one is definitely Marilyn Monroe, the second one is harder. Because of the hairstyle I would say someone like Betty Grable, although the face looks more like Linda Darnell, but she was a brunette. If it is pin-up girls, than it is Grable.

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

I know ! I am blanking on the names of the two actors , any stars of the silver screen experts know ?

Well the one on the left is Marilyn, the one on the right is tough, it could be a very young Shelley Winters.

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pm.../Creator/BettyGrable

I still don't know if its right, but that's as close as I can get.

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
She does look like a young Betty Grable more than Shelley Winters to me but it's hard for me to make that call. I can try to show that sketch to my mom or my aunt. They would have a better idea.

One thing is certain, George Jetson would be upset about the depiction of Daughter Judy!

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pm.../Creator/BettyGrable

I still don't know if its right, but that's as close as I can get.

Posts: 4391 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I used to see Huy Truong at the NEC shows that have not happened for the last couple of years so have messaged him direct and hopefully will get a definitive answer .

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
Huy Truong's are amazing, love Marilyn!
Second one seems familiar, like a young Vera Miles.

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post