Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Mars Attacks Heritage (Topps 2012)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mars Attacks Heritage (Topps 2012)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Still waiting of my cases but a kind dealer in the U.S. has arranged to get some binders for me.

I would have expected better customer service from Topps then I received (none) when I tried to order them myself off the Topps site.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
Still waiting of my cases but a kind dealer in the U.S. has arranged to get some binders for me.

I would have expected better customer service from Topps then I received (none) when I tried to order them myself off the Topps site.

Right on ...

Posts: 21 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Keep opening cranky pants!! Big Grin

PLEASE!!! I've just eaten, and the thought of Headless opening his cranky pants has made my stomach do flip-flops Twak

Hey Graham, head East in October and you can hang out with the big boys, myself, Batman, Uncle Jason and Gordon Ramsey for a good time.

Big Grin

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
I was a bit worried when I first saw some of the box breaks for this and wondered what I would get for my two boxes.

Here's what arrived today...

Awesome Chris Mason headshot. I thought it was a base card before I looked closer. Smile

Pencil sketch by Robert Teranishi

3 x base sets (exactly with no spares!)
1 x gold parallel
2 x silver parallels
16 x green parallels
4 x Deleted scenes sets (+ spare singles)
2 x New Universe sets (+ spare singles)
1 x 3D set (+ spare #5)

This is actually my first Mars Attacks box, but I loved the original art and Tim Burton movie. I really like the card stock and images on all the sets in this. Very pleased indeed and a nice change from my normal (Rittenhouse) boxes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Thush,

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm getting very frustrated as still no sign of my cases. I don't understand why they are not getting released from U.K. Customs?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm getting very frustrated as still no sign of my cases. I don't understand why they are not getting released from U.K. Customs?

I'm in the US and still haven't received the boxes I pre-ordered back in March. Mad

But I did find out that the boxes are just about ready to ship, now I'm just waiting on them to figure out the postage. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
When did they reach Customs ? It's been taking 3-5 working days for packages I've been able to track to get through Customs coming into the UK in recent months. Then it takes another 2-3 working days for ParcelForce to send me a letter with the 'ransom demand'. It can be a very slow process Frown

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
When did they reach Customs ? It's been taking 3-5 working days for packages I've been able to track to get through Customs coming into the UK in recent months. Then it takes another 2-3 working days for ParcelForce to send me a letter with the 'ransom demand'. It can be a very slow process Frown

My supplier states last Monday 16th July. They have to get to him before he can forward them to me.

posted Hide Post
Has anyone opened the varient box version which is for sale at Topps Store? Wondering if the quality of the sketchs was better since this would have had (???) to be a seperate run.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
**edited to remove non-box breakdown info**

This message has been edited. Last edited by: STCardGeek,

Posts: 9 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I just opened the eighth box. Listed below is a summary of the case;

10 Base + Deleted + Universe Sets (plus extras)
2 3D sets
52/55 Green Parallels (plus extras-each box contained 8 green parallels)
7 Silver
2 Gold
1 Len Brown Auto!!!!!!!Yes!!!!!!
8 sketches - very nice cards!

Thanks again to Topps for this wonderful release!

Posts: 29 | Location: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: December 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Monsterama2000
posted Hide Post
I got a hobby box of these for my birthday. Here's what was in it --

1 base set + 28 doubles
2 Deleted Scenes sets + 4 doubles
1 New Universe set + 9 doubles
1 poster
6 merchandise catalogs
3 3-D cards (#1, 3, 4)
1 silver parallel
8 green parallel
And a sketch by Ingrid Hardy

Posts: 120 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
Here's my case break of Mars Attacks.

10 Base Sets

1 3D set - Only 1 of Card #5 & 7 of Card #4

8 Sketch cards including "Draining Life" by the Amazing Ted Dastick Jr.

1 Len Brown Autograph #17 4/10

Complete Green Border set

2 Gold Cards 5-38

8 Silver Cards 2-19-23-2536-44-47-51

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LUZNDAVE,

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cool! Cool

I finally got my two boxes, and it was worth the wait!

Sketches by John Soukup and Lee Bradley.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Nice going, Ted, that's some haul from 2 boxes! But considering what you put in to this set, you deserve to take a little out.

Do they still send the artists a free box? It'd be tough to improve on what you've got, but a printing plate in that comp box to give you one of each of best kinds of cards would have a nice and poetic ring to it.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've heard a rumour about this release that it is actually out there, but I don't beleive it has actually happened yet. Shake Head

Still waiting for my cases. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: treksearcher,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
One hobby box:

1 Base set
1 Sketch from Jason Sobol
3 Motion 3D: 1, 3, 4
1 Silver: #22
8 Green: #2, #12, #19, #23, #25, #36, #44, #51
1 Deleted set
1 New Universe set
6 Merchandise cards
1 Box Topper
28 extra base
14 extra Deleted (including second complete set)
9 extra New Universe

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's the new defination of a chase set? I've been opening boxes and found some chase sets are 2x the base set. Thought it should be the other way around.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The New Universe and Deleted Scenes really are base cards.

The Deleted Scenes in particular, are apparently double (or more) printed in relation to the other cards. They may have even been on their own sheet. From a single case, after making enough deleted scenes sets to go with the 10 base sets, I then had another 8 extra sets of them after sorting. Since the Deleted Scenes are the only new cards in the classic style they are the best ones to get extras of, and I can see why Topps wanted to have those issued one per back, but they really are plentiful. The New Universe cards are also one per pack, but because that was a 15 card set, my case yielded only 1 extra set of those beyond those I needed to go with my base sets, so one per pack was good on those, but still not really inserts, there's a full set plus extras in prertty much every box. But again, Topps is pushing the IDW comic series they tie-in to, so I can see why they needed to be in every pack.

Basically, the Deleted Scenes cards should've been inserted in every other pack instead of one per pack, or even better, been a 15 (or 20!)card set just like the New Universe, and all else remaining the same, I would've considered this set to have perfect collation. Realizing there have and will be people not as pleased as I was by the box/case breakdowns, I also made four full sets of the 3D cards with four out of five towards another left over, so I think my case is the way they're supposed to be packed. I should note, I received 2 Gold, 8 Silver, 8 sketches, no autographs, and no printing plate, also the way the average case is packed, according to the odds.

But this is a great set, and it won't be around for long. The vast majority of these boxes will be opened, and fairly quickly, I think. Hopefully Mars Attacks 2 will be the result.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally got my cases. First case sketches? Some nice sketches but also a few that leave a lot to be desired.

Hit the Len Brown autograph Card 17 3/10.

Got 3 Gold Parallel out of the first case, is this the odds?

Did not get a Green Parallel Set out of first case.