Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Mars Attacks Heritage (Topps 2012)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mars Attacks Heritage (Topps 2012)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I opened one hobby box.

Base set: 0 (5 cards short)but no dupes
Silver Parallel cards: 1
Green Parallel cards: 8
Deleted Scenes cards: 2 sets + extras
New Universe cards: 1 set + extras
Lenticular cards: 3
Sketch card: 1

Not sure who the artist is on the sketch card. A bit disappointed that I didn't get a base set out of the box but I'm not going to complain. The sketch card and parallel cards are available for anyone who's interested.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Second case; hit another Len Brown autograph. Metal

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Got another box, and got the usual stuff, 1 full set of base,3 3D cards (got the 2 I needed to complete the set). and 8 green parallels, one silver parallel, no gold which is fine by me.
Nice Brent Engstrom sketch of Martian head. Was hoping to maybe pull an auto - but got something else I hadn't even considered,
A Printing Plate! Yellow plate for card 52. But then - it came apart - and there were 2 plates! One was stuck to the back, Black plate card 39.

So - 2 printing plates!

Thanks for this box Ed!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Got another box, and got the usual stuff, 1 full set of base,3 3D cards (got the 2 I needed to complete the set). and 8 green parallels, one silver parallel, no gold which is fine by me.
Nice Brent Engstrom sketch of Martian head. Was hoping to maybe pull an auto - but got something else I hadn't even considered,
A Printing Plate! Yellow plate for card 52. But then - it came apart - and there were 2 plates! One was stuck to the back, Black plate card 39.

So - 2 printing plates!

Thanks for this box Ed!

Lucky you! I have been buying retail packs (about 24 so far) at Target. Got 2 3D cards, 3 Green and 2 Silver so far. 8 Deleted Scenes and 11 New Universe. Still 16 shy of a base set.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
one box

Posts: 62 | Location: australia | Registered: May 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back from Target. They had 2 full boxes at $2.09 per pack. Not sure how long these have been out but don't appear to be moving very fast. I think this set appeals to an older group than those shopping for cards in retail outlets.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
is there an artist list and how many they did please

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john the hat:
is there an artist list and how many they did please

Really? From Topps? Twak

There's a thread on scoundrel where artists have said how many they've done. But nobody's made a list from the 5 pages of messages that I could find.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
thanks Ed thought it would be a long shot

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post

Above is the list of 131 contributing artists, so if they did 100 each, that would be 13,100 total sketches. They are seeded one per hobby box and one per 4 retail boxes, a good guess on quantity produced would be around 12,000 for the hobby boxes and that'd leave enough sketches over to make about 4,000 retail boxes, the kind sold at retail department stores and Topps online.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of CThorne
posted Hide Post
I just broke my box and I got a really wonderful sketch by Layron Dejarnette I will post a pic as soon as I can.

3 - 3D cards #3,4,5
1 silver border #45
a bunch of Green borders

Nice Sketch, makes the box a good one. I was hoping for a auto (seems that 5 of the 10 are already pulled from this board right? lol) or a printing plate.

Posts: 3 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Nice sketch, CThorne, but there were actually 10 autographs on each of the 55 original cards, so that makes 550 autographed Len Brown cards in all.

Welcome to the board!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 62 | Location: australia | Registered: May 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
The one in the top right is excellent. Thumb Up

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 more cases

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know who this Mars Attacks! Sketch Artist is?

eBay image

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 7 | Location: FL | Registered: August 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pat Zee:
Does anyone know who this Mars Attacks! Sketch Artist is?

eBay image

Hi Pat Zee:

I swapped out your eBay auction link above to the actual image. We do not allow links to live eBay auction except for unusual circumstances. You might try asking the question in the general card discussion forum since this one is for box breakdowns.

By the way, if you'd like to see our FAQ about what is and is not permitted, here is a link to that: General Card Talk FAQ

Thanks for your understanding and sorry to slam you with all of the rules.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello! Sorry! I cannot post pictures? the picture is the front of the card...I was hoping that the members here would see the back of the card with the signature of the artist.

Posts: 7 | Location: FL | Registered: August 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gojira69
posted Hide Post
Pat Zee, its by Cesar Feliciano.

Posts: 10 | Location: California | Registered: September 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
One box.

Any idea who the artist is? Looks like Mchero.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post