Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Mars Attacks Heritage (Topps 2012)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mars Attacks Heritage (Topps 2012)
 Login/Join

Picture of richscards
posted Hide Post
Here is the break from my first case:

10 Base + Deleted + Universe Sets (plus extra Deleted + Universe sets)
0 - freakin 0 - 3D sets...anybody who has an extra #5 PLEASE PM me
51/55 Green Parallels (plus dupes)
7 Silver
2 Gold
1 Len Brown Auto
8 sketches - very happy with these!

UPDATE: Sketch breaks from cases #2 and 3 below. Very happy with the thrid case.

Ironically, I pulled three Len Brown autos out of three cases, while only completing five 3D sets (but I have 23 3D #4 cards - joy)...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: richscards,

Posts: 178 | Location: SF Bay Area, USA | Registered: August 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mintoncard:
Wow. And I thought MY sketch card was bad!

i think its time to bring bobo the talented chimp back out of retirement ?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened a second box today and here is what was included.

1 complete base set 55 original cards, all 10 deleted scenes, and all 15 New Universe cards

Extras: 27 original cards, 14 deleted scenes (including a second full set) and 9 New Universe cards

Parallels: 8 green, 1 silver, 1 gold (Yes!)

3 of 5 3D Lenticular (3, 4, and 5)

6 Mars Attacks Merchandise Catalogs

1 Mars Attacks poster

1 Denise Vasquez Sketch (full color) Nice card!

I was very happy with this box especially with the gold border card! I am so happy with this set that I ordered some more boxes. Thanks again, Topps!

Posts: 29 | Location: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: December 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Box three.

1 complete base set 55 original cards, all 10 deleted scenes, and all 15 New Universe cards

Extras: 28 original cards, 14 deleted scenes and 9 New Universe cards

Parallels: 8 green, 1 silver, 0 gold

3 Lenticular (1, 2, and 5)

1 Mars Attacks poster

1 ???? (the card is signed on the back but I cannot tell who drew the card) full color sketch card. Nice card!

Posts: 29 | Location: East Stroudsburg, PA | Registered: December 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Box four.

Extras: 27 original cards, 14 deleted scenes and 9 New Universe cards

Parallels: 8 green, 1 silver, 1 gold

3 Lenticular cards

1 Mars Attacks poster

1 Mark Dos Santos sketch card. Another nice card!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Email sent Andrew!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
I opened 2 boxes and only got 1 complete base set! I just picked up the one 3D card I needed off Ebay to complete that set. I did get two color sketch cards at least.

Check out my blog at Card Crazy!

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email sent Archifou!

posted Hide Post
Box five.

1 complete base set 55 original cards, all 10 deleted scenes, and all 15 New Universe cards.

Extras: 28 original cards, 14 deleted scenes and 9 New Universe cards.

This box was just a bit different that the first four. Many of the cards had very harsh surface scratches. I noticed this was on the top two cards only so only the regular cards were impacted. Since I have multiple examples of the regular cards, this is not a concern. If this were the only box I was going to purchase, I would be really disappointed. Two of the cards had numerous small round circles that ripped the surface of the card over a large area. Odd.

Parallels: 8 green, 1 silver, 0 gold

3 Lenticular

1 Mars Attacks poster

1 neat Michael Zapata sketch card.

Still no printing plate and no autograph card but I do remain optimistic! Fingers crossed!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
I bought two boxes and just opened the first pack from the first box. Of course it is a gold card. Card # 48, Earthmen Land on Mars. I think I am done opening packs. Can't get better than this, can it?

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Keep opening cranky pants!! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I got a case of these, and this is my second favorite set this year so far (after Game of Thrones).

I am very happy with my sketches, two of which are base card quality.

The classic 55 have never looked better, not even in the 1994 Archives set. They looked good in that set, but are crisper and clearer in Heritage with the best color yet and are much better centered than the cards from the Archives set. The "deleted scenes" set is beautifully painted and very in the spirit of the original series.

The "New Universe" set features art by John McCrea and is in NO WAY intended to be an addition to the classic set. It is simply made to promote the new comic series by IDW and those cards even have the IDW logo on the reverse side. McCrea is artist of the comic and one of the best comics artists in the business.

The 5 card 3D set is beautiful, but Topps really should've done all 55 in this style, even the checklist, and issued them as box toppers only. With each card being found only one in 55 boxes, it would've given those cards a nice value and set builders a real challenge.

The parallels are OK as far as parallels go (I never really saw the point of them unless the parallels are significantly different than the regular edition), but the Golds definitely should have been numbered, (and probably had gold foil borders as opposed to gold colored borders).

Collation was superb with one hiccup, that being with the "Deleted Scenes" set.

I got 11 base sets with the Deleted and Universe Sets (plus extra 8 extra Deleted sets and one extra New Universe set)

I got 4 complete 3D five card sets, plus 4 toward a 5th set, so that's the best result possible from one case which holds 24 of those cards total.

I got the expected one per box 8 Silver parallel and 2 of the rarer Gold Parallels. I have about 49 of the Greens towards a set of 55 with 15 dupes.

There were enough base card dupes to make only one more set, so that's overall excellent collation. The only thing is that the deleted cards are found one per pack, and they should've been in every other pack. That would've allowed one more base set with inserts to be made per case, and case buyers wouldn't have those 8 extra Deleted sets. On the other hand, those are the only new cards in this set done in the classic style, so those are the best ones to have extras of. The "Lost Cards" subset from 1994 Archives are collectible in and of themselves. These Deleted Scene sets will be as well.

One last thing, they should've also reprinted the lost scene cards Zina Saunders painted for the 1994 Archives set and even the New Vision cards (and even Lost Vision cards if there were any that didn't make the Archives set cut back in the day, ala Star Wars Galaxy 4).

All in all, excellent stuff, and a truly great value for the money (my boxes were $44 each, delivered), and highly recommended to all. These are great cards!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I purchased one box of Mars Attacks Heritage directly from Topps online.
Here is the breakdown:
missing two cards for a set of the base cards
(plus 31 base duplicates),
missing three cards for a set of the New (Universe plus 12 duplicates),
one set of the Deleted Scenes
(plus 14 duplicates),
missing three cards for a set of the 3D -
I got three 3D cards (#2, #3, #3),
one silver parallel,
eight green parallel,
zero gold,
zero skecthes,
zero autograph.
I love the cards and shipping was super fast but, NOT getting a complete set and no sketches or autos out of the box is very disappointing!

Posts: 9 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I told you I should have stopped!!!! No sketch in my box, despite the guarantee, one per box. What a bunch of garbage!!!

So, what song and dance will I have to go through now to try to get a sketch from Topps????????????

Shake Head

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Details on Topps website! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

We can only imagine the replacement sketch. Oh boy!!!

Where is Uncle Jason when you need him?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:
quote:

Usually the Topps website sells the retail version of products. In the case of Mars Attacks, sketches are much tougher (I think 1:96).

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:
quote:

Usually the Topps website sells the retail version of products. In the case of Mars Attacks, sketches are much tougher (I think 1:96).

I did not buy the retail version, hobby version!!!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Keep opening cranky pants!! Big Grin

PLEASE!!! I've just eaten, and the thought of Headless opening his cranky pants has made my stomach do flip-flops Twak

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Two hobby boxes done...

Box 1
1 base set
1 sketch
3d 1,2,4
1 silver
8 green
1 Deleted set
1 New Universe set
5 Merchandise cards
28 extra base
14 extra deleted
9 extra New Universe

Box 2
1 base set
1 sketch
3d 1,3,4
1 gold #14 Clap
1 silver
8 green
1 Deleted set
1 New Uni set
6 Merchandise
27 extra base
9 extra New Universe
14 extra Deleted

Overall B+
Pros: Classic design, interesting subsets, sketches, parallels, 3d chase, and decent bang for your buck value.
Cons: Prefer parallel odds 1 Gold, 3 silver, & 6 green per box. All sketches should have been color, and adding original NMt condition throwback base cards to the chase would have been great.

Wave

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post