Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    The Saint (Unstoppable Cards, 2017)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Saint (Unstoppable Cards, 2017)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Good Evening

I received my box of The Saint today. It contained 4 WEB 1 promo cards (The Saint, 50 years of Captain Scarlet, The Secret Service, Four Feather Falls) and three Autograph cards Jennie Linden - JL1, Isla Blair - CC2, Gary Raymond - GR1 as well as the base set of 36 cards. Loose in the packaging were added a P1 card for the Persuaders and two Autograph cards being UFO Stephen Chase - SC1 and Joe 90 Mary Turner - MT1.

What is interesting is the box refers to their being a special album being available yet as far as I know it was not produced.

regards

John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 2121 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, yet another shoddy distribution from Unstoppable and a return to poor customer service when pointing out the very clear shortfall (was asked if the box and topper were sealed, they were)!

Topper:
B/W Sketch of Roger at Live and Let Die presscall by Karl Jones
(Should be an Andy Fry Sketch)
Single print plate, back of card 9 (should be front and back of same card)
Persuaders Promo 6 card 41/100

1 sketch Nolan Dykstra of (?) (Case ratio pre advertised as 2-3)
AA1 (X2)
AA3
AW1
AW2
DG2
GR1 (X3)
JL1 (X2)
JL2 (X2) Got two Jennie Lindens in the same envelope!
MN1
PD3 (X2)
RB1 (X2)
RM2
SR1 (X3)
VD2 (X3)
WG1 (X2)
WG2 (X2)

For such supposed limited numbers per card the amount of duplicates within one case, the absence of sketch for case ratio and completely wrong box loader is inexcusable. I know Shirley Eaton and Dave Prowse are limited, my case contained neither. I got the case of a dealer on eBay for a nice price. Something that was noted by Unstoppable when I queried the discrepancies. Since when did that make any difference to the box contents. Shouldn't they ALL be of the same quality?

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
I got the case of a dealer on eBay for a nice price. Something that was noted by Unstoppable when I queried the discrepancies. Since when did that make any difference to the box contents. Shouldn't they ALL be of the same quality?

They may have been trying to track the case construction. They may have wanted to see who else was selling their product. They may have been implying that boxes/cards may have been swapped out by someone who had it prior to you. You know the drill when something goes wrong, muddy the waters. Wink

They should carry the same ratios/odds for whatever hits were stated, but as to quality, that's always a gamble. I think you could say that for any title.

Posts: 10405 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had already pointed out both the case and topper pack were sealed. So any mistakes were as they would be no matter where or who I purchased from?

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had already pointed out both the case and topper pack were sealed. So any mistakes were as they would be no matter where or who I purchased from?

Trouble is the packs could have been tampered with. The predicted number of sketches has always been poor as Strictly Inc or Unstoppable. That is why I don't buy their cases anymore

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing suspicious about the case the loader or the boxes themselves, just the distribution of the contents!

posted Hide Post
Hmm, now having doubts on the validity of the original purchase having now experienced misleading lies from the same dealer! Will I ever bloody learn?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

Trouble is they packs could have been tampered with. The predicted number of sketches has always been poor as Cards Inc or Unstoppable. That is why I don't buy their cases anymore
I'm guessing you meant to say 'as Strictly Ink or Unstoppable', Strictly Ink was their name before they became Unstoppable.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:

Trouble is they packs could have been tampered with. The predicted number of sketches has always been poor as Cards Inc or Unstoppable. That is why I don't buy their cases anymore
I'm guessing you meant to say 'as Strictly Ink or Unstoppable', Strictly Ink was their name before they became Unstoppable.

Correct I did mean Strictly Inc although I am sure there was a link with Cards Inc somewhere along the line

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got a case cheap off Ebay. Glad it was cheap as the contents left a lot to be desired Frown . Very similar to Spencer Quist's case suggesting they ran out of Andy Fry sketches ( and sketches in general Shake Head ) and printing plates. I have opened many Unstoppable products and all the seals on the various boxes/topper packs were intact, nothing to suggest any dishonesty by the seller.

Case topper pack contained a Marc Ducrow sketch , a single print plate, and the Persuaders preview set. Only one pack inserted sketch by Karl Jones. Autographs :

Annette Andre AA1, AA3 x3.
Isla Blair CC3.
Roy Boyd RB1, RB3 x 3.
Carol Cleveland CC3.
Paul Darrow PD2 x 2, PD3.
Vera Day VD2 x 2.
William Gaunt WG1 x 2, WG3.
David Graham DG2 x 2.
Jennie Linden JL2.
Roger Moore RM2.
Gary Raymond GR1 x 2.
Shane Rimmer SR1 x 2.
Anneke Wills AW1, AW2 x 2.

Oh well, at least it was comparatively cheap ( £190 inc postage ), I would have hated to pay anything like full price .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, far too much duplication considering the number of different autograph cards involved.
Understandable with The Prisoner release but not with this one.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Got a case cheap off Ebay. Glad it was cheap as the contents left a lot to be desired Frown . Very similar to Spencer Quist's case suggesting they ran out of Andy Fry sketches ( and sketches in general Shake Head ) and printing plates. I have opened many Unstoppable products and all the seals on the various boxes/topper packs were intact, nothing to suggest any dishonesty by the seller.

Case topper pack contained a Marc Ducrow sketch , a single print plate, and the Persuaders preview set. Only one pack inserted sketch by Karl Jones. Autographs :

Annette Andre AA1, AA3 x3.
Isla Blair CC3.
Roy Boyd RB1, RB3 x 3.
Carol Cleveland CC3.
Paul Darrow PD2 x 2, PD3.
Vera Day VD2 x 2.
William Gaunt WG1 x 2, WG3.
David Graham DG2 x 2.
Jennie Linden JL2.
Roger Moore RM2.
Gary Raymond GR1 x 2.
Shane Rimmer SR1 x 2.
Anneke Wills AW1, AW2 x 2.

Oh well, at least it was comparatively cheap ( £190 inc postage ), I would have hated to pay anything like full price .
Well, at least it seems you did get one of the most important autographs, i.e. Roger Moore, unless it was only a facsimile of course.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a Roger auto in every case. It was one of their big sales hooks.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's a Roger auto in every case. It was one of their big sales hooks.

Yes, if I had not got a Roger auto I would have been in contact with Unstoppable as that was the one guaranteed hit inside the case.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does it appear that the Roger Moore auto RM1 is much, much tougher to find than the RM2 ?

I see a bunch of the RM2 autos on ebay, but have seen very few of the color RM1 autos. Have not seen 1 listed in quite awhile. No RM1 autos up for sale now, from what I can see.

Posts: 4008 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box of these at the recent show in Chicago. I am enjoying watching these episodes for the first time, seeing a young Roger before he was Bond.
36 base cards
1 Persuaders Promo
1 sketch by Nolan Dykstra
VD1 Vera Day auto
CC2 Ilsa Blair auto

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:

CC2 Ilsa Blair auto

Did you notice your Ilsa Blair card had Carol Cleveland's number on it?

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
They just started running episodes of The Saint around here on the off channels. I must confess I've still never watched the show even once, except for a few brief glimpses. I have some catching up to do.

Posts: 2507 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Wolfie, I did notice that Ilsa's auto had CC on it. Mine is CC 2, I see others have CC3. Odd that both cards would have the wrong code on them.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Picked up a box of these at the recent show in Chicago. I am enjoying watching these episodes for the first time, seeing a young Roger before he was Bond.
36 base cards
1 Persuaders Promo
1 sketch by Nolan Dykstra
VD1 Vera Day auto
CC2 Ilsa Blair auto

You did very well to get a sketch, they were as rare as the Roger Moore autos at one per case Thumb Up .