Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    The Avengers The Complete Collection Series 2 (Unstoppable, 2020)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Avengers The Complete Collection Series 2 (Unstoppable, 2020)
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
This just came in the mail and I was pretty happy with box 780 of 1000.

Inside was a complete set of 54 base cards
There are 4 hits, which can include all autographs, or a sketch.
I received one sketch,an unknown woman by B. Jones. Even though I don't know who it is yet, it's well done and in color.

2 autographs:
Christian Roberts as Huxton
Lucy Fleming as Emily
both are from the same episode "Invasion of the Earthmen"

1 Gold Facsimile autograph:
Diana Rigg as Emma Peel 66/100

Thoughts about this set:
I like what Unstoppable has done, with little text and two clear photos per card. I don't remember all these episodes, but most of my favorites are there. The sketch is very well done, will have to research a bit to figure out who she is. I almost fell over when I saw Rigg's auto, it looks real, but says facsimile on the back. Still a very cool card to have.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Nice Rigg pull

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Not one of the contestants on Jeopardy today knew what TV show Diana Rigg played Emma Peel on.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Steve,

Yes, but with the Final Jeopardy category, "Notable British Names," two of the three did know the question to the answer, "Published in 1881, 'The Formation of Vegetable Mould through the Action of Worms, with Observations on their Habits' was his last & one of his bestselling books." It literally pays to read a Charles Darwin biography.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Not one of the contestants on Jeopardy today knew what TV show Diana Rigg played Emma Peel on.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I guessed Darwin even though I think I've never heard of that book.

On similar questions, the contestants missed questions on T.E. Lawrence and others I found remarkably easy, while on the other hand, they answer immediately about current media stars I never heard of!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You should add that book to your collection.

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I guessed Darwin even though I think I've never heard of that book.

On similar questions, the contestants missed questions on T.E. Lawrence and others I found remarkably easy, while on the other hand, they answer immediately about current media stars I never heard of!

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post