Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Historic Autographs Celebrity Quads (Historic Autograph Company, 2017)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Historic Autographs Celebrity Quads (Historic Autograph Company, 2017)
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
posted
Released 9/27/17.

Anybody open any of this yet? Will be breaking some tonight when I get home. Boulevard of Broken Dreams here I come!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
I've never even heard of this one.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
This one looked interesting, but I've avoided Historic Autographs ever since I had some issues with the certification on a couple of their Sex Sells items. Won't give them my money. Hope you do well though.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yes, please let us know what signatures you pull when you break.

I'm always interested in these types of historical products, but I never seem to try them because some of the names are so obscure that I hate to take the risk. And then I usually hear some really outstanding people and I think maybe I should have. Frown

So please let us know how you did.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Yes, please let us know what signatures you pull when you break.

I'm always interested in these types of historical products, but I never seem to try them because some of the names are so obscure that I hate to take the risk. And then I usually hear some really outstanding people and I think maybe I should have. Frown

So please let us know how you did.

Here is my take on the product.

The cards are well made and well presented. I really like that the signatures are behind a piece of clear plastic to protect them. These are quad-panel fold out cards and my biggest gripe with the design is that the card is oversized. Was hoping that when folded I could have put the card in a plastic case but no such luck unless there is an oversized case I am not aware of. All cards come with a Beckett COA, full sized too, not a little card which is nice.

As with most products there were a few really nice pulls, a few in the middle and a couple that are not the best. The cool thing though is that it really is in the eye of the beholder so what might not be a big hit for some is for others.

Some of the better cards (in my opinion) I pulled were:
From Here to Eternity - Montgomery Clift, Frank Sinatra, Deborah Kerr, Fred Zimmerman
Gilligan's Island - Bob Denver, Alan Hale, Natalie Schaffer, Russell Johnson
Vertigo - Jimmy Stewart, Kim Novak, Tom Helmore, Ellen Corby
Dynasty - John Forsythe, Linda Evans, Joan Collins, John James
Cartoon Voiceovers - Mel Blanc, Sterling Holloway, Peter Leeds, Stan Freberg

Other autographs of note on various cards:
Edward G. Robinson, Danny Thomas, Rudy Vallee, Hume Cronyn, Harry Tobias, Hattie McDaniel, Ray Milland, Fay Wray, Clara Bow, Dana Andrews

I am sure there are other rare autographs that I just am not familiar with. This was something different and fun to open.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I don't know how much you paid, but that is a pretty nice collection of group signers. I know everyone by name except Leeds, Freberg and Helmore, but than I am a bit of an old movie buff. Millenniums couldn't recognize even the most iconic of film and TV stars from the pre-90's in a recent survey, so this product would definitely be lost on them. Shake Head

It may be hard to find proper storage, but maybe prize pieces are meant to be displayed. As long as Beckett has verified authenticity, you really pulled some great names there. Congratulations. Thumb Up

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Wow. That's a fantastic set of signers to have! Bit of green eyes over here. Wish I'd heard of this set soon. Might have to put money aside for a box. Drool

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Is there a checklist or site I can find more information on this set? Is it like Topps American Pie (2011) series where you can get a lot of low end signers?

I'm really into Golden Age Hollywood so there's more obscure signers I'd be happy to get but wouldn't want to shell out for a 'dud' box with no good signers.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Company Website:

https://www.historicautographcompany.com/

Checklist linked on page 1: Celebrity Quads

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Thanks Thumb Up