Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    DC Comics The New 52 (Cryptozoic, 2012)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC Comics The New 52 (Cryptozoic, 2012)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Some people have all the luck! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
Nice, that's the only puzzle I did for this set. Smile

That Lak Lim is insane!!

It's always nice to get something special from an artist I've met Thumb Up

What makes the Lim sketch even more amazing is that he didn't use the whole card - 21 characters and every one recognisable Eek

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Some people have all the luck! Big Grin

Says the bloke that got one of 17 Milo Ventimiglia (Peter Petrelli, Heroes) autos at the Comic-Con raffle Roll Eyes and...one of only 10,000 Shum 'Star Wars' sketches Wink

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Latest pulls. Just waiting for two boxes from Miss Lizzy to see if there's enough there for a master set, or if the redemption gets sold. Favourite here is the Lak Lim with the insane detail in such a small space. Special mention to Ted Dastick Jr. for the puzzle Dance yet another superb case Clap

what do you still need for a master?

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Got one box on Sunday.

LNTRN-06 - Saint Walker
WIP-1 - Catwoman
WIP-5 - Batgirl

7 foil base parallel cards

??? by Jonathan Wayshak

Posts: 3252 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
quote:
Latest pulls. Just waiting for two boxes from Miss Lizzy to see if there's enough there for a master set, or if the redemption gets sold. Favourite here is the Lak Lim with the insane detail in such a small space. Special mention to Ted Dastick Jr. for the puzzle Dance yet another superb case Clap

what do you still need for a master?

The usual high-ends - Acar, Perna etc Shake Head I have got 5 boxes on their way to me, so I'm hoping...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
The usual high-ends - Acar, Perna etc Shake Head I have got 5 boxes on their way to me, so I'm hoping...

A bunch of the mid range artists are pretty rare too - such as Cline, Kadar, Sobol, Treece.... I wish they'd release numbers.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I did finally open my second case. I'm very pleased I did as the sketch content was really rather good Smile Strictly speaking, this is Case 2 + 1. After double and triple checking the dud box in my first case and sending off all the required paperwork to Cryptozoic, I finally went through the remaining unopened packs in the other eleven boxes and found an extra sketch in one of them :!: It appears first in this set of scans. After that, the pulls appear as they came out of the boxes. The 8th box in this case also had a bonus sketch Big Grin :

Achilleas Kokkinakis, Christian Thomas, Jonathan Racimo
Unknown, Adam Talley, Brian Turner
Andy Price, Scott Rorie, Dennis Culver
Dan Schaefer, Dan Smith, Sanna Umemoto
Lynne Anderson, Gilbert Monsanto

If anyone can help me out by identifying the Starfire artist, I would appreciate it.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
So I opened a few more boxes (no surprise there, since DC is my real favourite). This is what I got:

David Castro OMAC / Ian Yoshio Roberts Zilius Zox / Lak Lim Arkillo
Brent Engstrom Batman / Wilson Ramos Jr Superman / Art page redemption card R5

The Roberts and Lim lantern sketches are both brilliant. However, I'm not a fan of either character so I haven't decided whether to keep them. My first Batman sketch. And of course the redemption. I'm very happy I opened these Bouncey

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I finally got my replacements for the two missing sketches from my case...

With all due respect to the artists, I would have almost been better off saving the postage on the materials that I had to send to CZ.
Not that I was expecting Glebe/Perna/Acar type stuff but I am fairly sure that I could draw that Deadman by Christian Thomas (and I fully accept that I absolutly SUCK at art).

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hm, still waiting for my tracked package of stuff to reach Cryptozoic but seeing these does not fill me with high expectations over what I will receive as a replacement for my missing sketch Shake Head Still, one can but hope Smile

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received a package from Cyptozoic yesterday containing my oversized sketch card. They also sent back my voided redemption and a congratulations letter.

Here's my Benjamin Glendenning oversized Superman Sketch (R44 according to the letter)

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Here's my latest three. The Lak Lim 'Batman' is quite a contrast to the multi-lantern card I pulled.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very Nice - Really like the Wonder Woman Sketch Thumb Up

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got 1 box & here is the sketch I got.

Posts: 8 | Location: Madison, WI | Registered: October 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 4 boxes.

Green Lantern - Guy Gardner by Rich Woodall

Swamp Thing by Mike Legan

Either Brainiac 5 of the Legion of Superheroes
or Beast Boy/Changling of Doom Patrol/Teen Titans by Eric Merced

Batman by ????

Posts: 3252 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
One more box.

6 foils
WIP-6, WIP-9
LNTRN-03, LNTRN-04

??? by Ryan Ogadawa

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
One more box.

6 foils
WIP-6, WIP-9
LNTRN-03, LNTRN-04

??? by Ryan Ogadawa

My guess is Captain Atom

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:

My guess is Captain Atom

It's a possibility.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:

Either Brainiac 5 of the Legion of Superheroes
or Beast Boy/Changling of Doom Patrol/Teen Titans by Eric Merced

Tough call. Brainy is blond, and Beast Boy is red (not green) in the New 52.

Posts: 9 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post