Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D (Inkworks)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted
Opened a single box:

2 base sets
2 3D Glasses
Pieceworks - PW11 Backpack (camo pattern)
2x Challenging the Unknown (diecut foil) (CU1 & CU2)
1x Prehistoric Peril (foil) (PR3)
2x Forgotten World (foil puzzle) (FW1 & FW9)

Overall a nice set.
Most of the general chase cards are just foil. It would have been nice to have a better variety of chase. Embossing or holofoil would have went a long way.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my case today and I was very happy with the breakdown.

Box 1
CU-2
FW 3,4,5
PR-2
PW-10

Box 2
CU-3
FW 5,6,7
PW-9

Box 3
CU 4,5
FW 7,8
PR-2
PW-5

Box 4
CU-6
FW 1,9
PR-3
PW-8

Box 5
CU 1,2
FW 2,3
PR-1
PW-1

Box 6
CU-3
FW 4,5
PR-2
PW-3

Box 7
CU-5
FW 8,9
PR-3
PW-9

Box 8
CU 1,6
FW 1,2
PR-1
PW-3

Box 9
CU 1,2
FW 3,4
PR-3
PW-2

Box 10
CU-6
FW 1,2
PR-2
PW-6

Box 11
CU-5
FW 8,9
PR-1
PW-1

Box 12
CU 3,4
FW 6,7
PR-3
PW-4

All I need now is PW-7 and PW-11 and the three case incentives and whatever promo's are available for this set, and the binder as well.

Posts: 177 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
A 50 card basic set with 5 cards in a box of 24 packs. I might as well have filled up my truck with gas than have purchased this terrible box.

Shake Head

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was debating if I should buy these or not. My collecting fix needed to be filled. Got 2 pairs of glasses
2 sets
PW1
CU-1
FW6, FW7
PR-3
Looks like I got taken on one bonus card. Some boxes get 5 and some boxes 6. Oh well not the first time and probably won't be the last.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FRANK AMICO,

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Inkworks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
Looks like I got taken on one bonus card.

If you didn't get all of the bonus cards that you think should have been there, I'd encourage you to contact Inkworks Consumer Relations at info@inkworks.com to see if they can help.

Posts: 967 | Location: Raleigh, NC USA | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Inkworks:
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
Looks like I got taken on one bonus card.

If you didn't get all of the bonus cards that you think should have been there, I'd encourage you to contact Inkworks Consumer Relations at info@inkworks.com to see if they can help.

Thanks. I DID

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
I ordered three boxes! To bad there were no autos though, we might have become somewhat spoiled, but this set felt a bit amputated. The 3D-effect was quite good on most base-cards, so all in all a nice base-set!

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box for 10.00 mainly for the pieceworks Pulled the PW6 Hannah Head-band

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Streich:
Picked up a box for 10.00 mainly for the pieceworks Pulled the PW6 Hannah Head-band

Same here. Well, on the pieceworks. I got my box in an InkVault box.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Picked up a case for next to nothing - just over $4 per box.
Half way through it and my fingers are killing me!
One PR-3 away from a mini-master and I've pulled these Pieceworks:
1 - Fraser shirt
2 - Hutcherson shirt
3 - Briem shirt
6 - Briem headband
10 - Fraser Cut off shirt
11 - Hutcherson Backpack

Fun break and couldn't pass it up for that price.

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Sped through the final 6 boxes.
Full set of Pieceworks with a duplicate of PW1.
Assuming perfect collation, I'm looking at 27 base sets. Anyone want some? Razz

I really like the set. It's too bad the movie flopped. Unfortunately, this looks like a cherry pickers dream. The only box I wasn't able to pick the "hot-pack" contained PW-8 (listed as Scarcer in Allender's site).

Disappointed I was missing the Case Loader as well, but not a huge concern since it was so cheap.

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post