Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Space: 1999 Series 2 (Unstoppable Cards, 2018)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Space: 1999 Series 2 (Unstoppable Cards, 2018)
 Login/Join

posted
Unlike Series 1, there are no packets to open. This is the way that Unstoppable Cards seem to be going. Boxes are aimed at card dealers, rather than the casual buyer. I bought the Binder & 3 box package. Here's the breakdown.....

Box No: 685.
1 sealed packet of the basic 36 card set.
1 sealed envelope containing:
Prentis Hancock PH1
Tony Osaba PO1
Brian Johnson BJ1

Box No: 686.
Zienia Merton ZM1
David Robb DR1
Anton Phillips AP2

Box No: 687.
Christopher Penfold CP1
David Robb DR1
Brian Blessed BB2

Now for the binder package.

1 UFO/Space:1999 binder
4 loose WEB1 promo cards:
Space:1999 Series 2
The Persuaders!
UFO
The Prisoner

Isla Blair IS1
Julian Glover JG1
Barry Morse BMB1 facsimile autograph
George Sewell (UFO) GSB1 facsimile autograph

So, there you have it. A little dissapointing in areas. I rather enjoyed opening packets and collating sets. A smaller base set and no foil sub-set. Getting 2 of the same autographs in a 3 box spread was also dissapointing. Having said that. When I bought the 3 box & binder package for Series 1. I got the default Christopher Penfold card with the binder. Then I had another as a loose extra.

Just hoping there isn't a Series 3.

Posts: 21 | Location: Devon UK | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
r
posted July 14, 2018 06:36 AM
Okay quick rundown of my case. Minus two boxes which haven't been opened. Will update as and when they are.
So, case topper
Print plate pair for card#29
Susan Jamieson autograph card SJ2
Martin Landau Facsimile
Additional Roy Boyd2 card (not advertised)

Box breakdown.
Anton Phillips1
Anton Phillips2
Barbara Bain2 (First set design, hold over)
Brian Johnson1 X 3. Back coating peeling off on all three!
Christopher Penfold1 X 2
David Robb1 X 2
Laraine Humphreys
Michael Culver1
Nick Tate3 (First set design, unreleased so far)
Prentis Hancock1
Prentis Hancock2 X 2 (Two variant ink colours, black and green)
Robert Atiko1 X 2 (Again, back peeling)
Roy Boyd1
Shane Rimmer1
Shane Rimmer2
Tony Osaba
Zienia Merton1 (First set design, unreleased so far).
Plus a blue ink sketch of Koenig by Andrew Fry. But again this annoyance of the matt coating coming off the back of the card. Unacceptable and I presume this problem will recur with all the sketch cards or the landscape ones at least!

So overall not a bad breakdown, nice mix. Quite happy with my lot, the set itself is okay considering it is covering stuff that was already done with set one, so another episode guide. Would have preferred some variety.

Addendum: no binder, though I should have had! Also forgot to mention the Isla Blair and Julian Glover web autographs.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Do you get the WEB promos if you buy just a box and not a binder ?

Unstoppable website said that you get the WEB promos with ALL website purchases of Space 1999

Still waiting for my box

Posts: 4716 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure, I didn't get any with my case but still waiting on binder/s. The only thing coming with binder though is meant to be the Morse and Sewell facsimiles.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a full checklist of the base set? If so, please message me at mbible@beckett.com. I'd like to get these in Beckett's system and priced when adequate sales info is available. Thanks!

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post