Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Galactic Files Reborn (Topps, 2017)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galactic Files Reborn (Topps, 2017)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted
I bought a 12 box case of this. There are parallel base cards, 5 different inserts and 2 hits per box (auto + 1 other). Overall, collation is very good. However, I did notice that the insert sets (not the hits) had about half of the cards in the top of the case and the other half in the bottom of the case. This is fine if you buy a full case, but someone who picks up several boxes is probably going to have poor insert collation.

Ignoring the massive number of black base, there were 31-33 orange in each box and 12 blue base. Almost all boxes had 3 green, but this appeared to be the one that went missing where there was something extra. All had 1 purple.

Inserts:

• moments: 2 sets of 9 + 6 spare (2 per box)
  • locations: 4 sets of 10 + 8 spare (4 per box)
  • weapons: 4 sets of 10 + 8 spare (4 per box)
  • quotes: 4 sets of 15 + 12 spare (6 per box)
  • vehicles: 4 sets of 20 + 16 spare (8 per box)

Hits:

• Parallels: 1 gold base(/10), 5 purple inserts (/99)
  • 9 auto standard: Jensen (Kit Fisto) 075/199, Bowers (Mas Amedda) x2 036/184 041/184, Pygram (Wilhuff Tarkin) 142/215, Blake (Rune Haako) 057/199, Graves (Duchess Satine Kryze) 173/199, Secombe (Watto) 177/215, Soucie (Rune Haako) 44/50, Glover (General Veers) 02/30
  • 3 autos special: dual Blakiston / Rose (Mon Mothma / Admiral Ackbar) 17/50, gold Baker (Kassius Konstantine) 06/25, gold Spence (Tion Medon) 06/25
  • 2 sketch: Vader by Brad Hudson, Snap Wexley by Juan Rosales
  • 8 medallions: 3 unnumbered U-Wing (Chirrut, Baze, K-2SO), 2 unnumbered Death Star (Galen, Jyn), Zuckuss unnumbered Star Destroyer, Zuckuss 41/99 Star Destroyer, Grand Moff Tarkin 64/99 Death Star
  • 2 printing plate: magenta Greedo ANH-19, magenta Cloud City workers ESB-16

I like the set as a whole. The characters come from all movies and the cartoons. The backs are good with 'attributes' and description, and the parallels are easy to spot and seem to have sensible ratios. The inserts are excellent, with well thought out information on the back. Both my sketches are good and the sketch quality does appear to be more consistent than some of the past efforts by Topps. But the set is let down by the regular hits - the medallions are well done (heavy metal), but still pointless and the autograph list is underwhelming and full of the same people we have seen before.

UPDATE: collation of parallel base is poor. The normal base seems okay, I put together 3 sets from the half case I sorted and only had to raid the other half of the case for about 10 cards. However, I only got 182/200 in the orange parallel and have about 200 spares.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tangent,

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Hi Jen,

Drop me an email if you want some oranges. We have a few. I need a few blacks to finish off another black set. Also have blues if you feel game to collect that! Smile

Will be good to catch up!

Cheers, Pete

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I recently opened two boxes of this product. I was happy that I was able to put a base set together from the two boxes given the size of the base set. Here is the breakdown of the inserts from the two boxes.

1st box:
32 orange parallel base cards
12 blue parallel base cards
2 green parallel base cards
2 purple parallel base cards
8 Vehicles cards
6 Famous Quotes cards
4 Weapons cards
4 Locations cards
2 Galactic Moments cards
1 black printing plate of base card TPM-1
1 autograph card of Catherine Taber as Padme Amidala numbered 113/199

2nd box:
33 orange parallel base cards
12 blue parallel base cards
2 green parallel base cards
1 purple parallel base cards
8 Vehicles cards
1 purple parallel Vehicle card
6 Famous Quotes cards
4 Weapons cards
4 Locations cards
2 Galactic Moments cards
1 autograph card of Mary Oyaya as Luminara Unduli numbered 178/199
1 bronze medallion card VM-CI - Chirrut Imwe & the U-Wing

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post