Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    High School Musical (Topps)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High School Musical (Topps)
 Login/Join

Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted
These have hit retail stores. I picked up 4 packs at Target today.

4 cards & 3 stickers per pack
Insert Odds:
Glitter Stickers 1:6
Felt Stickers 1:6
Costume Cards 1:63 (Troy 1:308; Chad 1:344)

I got 2 felt stickers and Troys Uniform.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey! No fair! Post that costume card in the "why it's good to buy loose packs" thread. Big Grin

I don't think there will be a separate "retail" distribution, though there might be bonus boxes or blister packs. But they didn't get the packs into stores until after the second TV show premiered.

A box holds 24 packs of 4 cards and 3 stickers per pack, but there are four types of stickers with slightly different odds. I hereby declare that a "usual set" will often include the 50 cards plus 30 sticker cards, but they might commonly be sold separately.

Base cards = 4 per pack, 1.92 sets (50) per box.
Sticker cards = about 2 per pack, 1.60 sets (30) per box.
Puzzle stickers = 2 per 3 packs, 0.80 sets per box (20).
Glitter stickers = 1 in 6 packs, 4/10 per box.
Felt stickers = 1 in 6 packs, 4/5 per box.
Costumes = 1 in 63 packs (printed), 1 in 163 (actual, see below).

BOX 1:

Cards: 1 set, 2nd set short 4 cards, no extras
Sticker Cards: 1 set + 18 extras
Puzzle Stickers: 4 short of 1st set of 20, no extras
Glitter Stickers: 4, 3 different + 1 dupe
Felt Stickers: 4, all different
Costumes: none

BOX 2:

Cards: 1 set, 2nd set short 8 cards, 4 extras
Sticker Cards: 1 set + 20 extras
Puzzle Stickers: 5 short of 1st set of 20, 1 dupe
Glitter Stickers: 4, all different
Felt Stickers: 4, all different
Costumes: none

The insertion rate for costumes is printed as 1:63 packs, with the odds for Troy and Chad cards as Dave noted above. But those two don't add up to 1:63 packs ... they add up to 1:163. Because the Topps ad only shows the two cards, I think the scarcer insertion rate is correct and there's a typo in the Topps material.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
High insertion rates and mistakes from Topps....no. Eek Big Grin

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
I thought there may be other costume cards to get to the 1:63 number. They only mention the 2 though. None in 2 boxes is very disappointing.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
My daughters each got a box and one of them pulled the Troy costume.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Here is a picture of Chad's card for those who are interested...I have one of each.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello. I am trying to finish off a set of the puzzle stickers, felt and glitter stickers if anyone wants to PM me for a list of my dups.

Posts: 113 | Location: USA | Registered: March 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post