Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Angel Season 4 (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Angel Season 4 (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Blue
posted
... Well mine have yet to arrive yet, although being in the UK I'm not expecting them until after the weekend.
But what about you guys stateside? I'm surprised to not see any breakdowns yet...

*Mike*
It's funny till someone gets hurt.....
Then its hilarious.

[This message was edited by xSaBx on November 12, 2003 at 12:13 PM.]

Posts: 829 | Location: United kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
I was told by my distributor via email that Inkworks had pushed back the release date from August 27 to the 29th (today). Only two days but seems like an eternity. Can't wait for them cards!! Smokin'

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Received our stock today!!
15 cases to break, so a very busy weekend Big Grin

Great looking cards...best looking Angel set yet in my humble opinion.

Thumb Up

Posts: 1085 | Location: UK | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Blue
posted Hide Post
Lol, it wasn't until I got to the 'News' thread that I saw they had been delayed two days (Mad)

Oh and don't worry Olly, I don't excpect a breakdown on all 15 cases Big Grin

*Mike*
Then its hilarious.

Posts: 829 | Location: United kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristy
posted Hide Post
1 BL-2,D1,D2,D3,R1,R6,PW3-connor,A27-Beast
2 BL-1,D4,D5,D6,R2,R3,PW2-cordy(blue
and white design),A33-Spider
3 BL-3,D6,D7,D8,D9,R4,R5,PW4-jasmine,
A32- flapper(prettyily written 1st name)
4 BL-3,D7,D8,D9,R4,R5,PW4-jasmine,
A25-jasmine
5 BL-3,D7,D8,D9,R4,R5,PW4-jasmine,
A24- Faith!!!!!!! Smile
6 BL-1,D4,D5,D6,R2,R3,PW4-jasmine,A26-Skip
7 BL-1,D4,D5,D6,R2,R3,PW1-angel,A29-Manny
8 BL-2,D1,D2,D3,R1,R6,PW2- cordy(blue
and white design with stitches),
A29- manny Frown
9 BL-1,D3,D4,D5,R2,R3,PW2- cordy(blue
and white design),A29-manny Frown
10 BL-2,D1,D2,D3,R1,R6,PW1-angel,A31-garrett

So overall, 3 sets of boxloaders and one extra card, 3 sets of the puzzle with 4 leftover, 3 sets of the 6 card with 2 leftover, 1 set of the PW with 3 extra Jasmine and one extra Angel, all the autos except WoPang and Professor and 2 extra Manny autos.

I really like the cards. I love the puzzle set.

"How dreary to be Somebody..."

Posts: 1042 | Location: Modesto, CA USA | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished busting my case and I must say this is probably the nicest Angel set to date. The photos are a bit brighter than usual and the subsets are very interesting.

It would appear that Angel stirs the creative juices for the folks at Inkworks, because they have come up with another innovative Case Loader.

The Box Loaders (3 cards) which are titled "Impossible Dreams", are done in washed out tones to give the appearance of being seen in one's mind.

The Puzzle Set (9 cards) is titled "Deceptions", and they look great. You have a photo of the cast in normal color and in the areas surrounding that photo you have blackish purple photos showing the different intrigues that went on in Season 4.

The 6 card "Redemption" set is attractive. Here you have a card for each of characters who went through some heavy duty soul searching in Season 4.

The 4 different Pieceworks cards are nice. Inkworks has managed to do a very good job in getting these to be as near to a regular card in thickness as possible, thereby preventing cherrypicking. I am glad to see this action being taken by a manufacturer as I am tired of having to babysit my open boxes at shows worrying about people trying to feel the Pieceworks, this was a major hassle last weekend with the Topps LOTR: Two Towers Update cards.

There are 10 different Autograph cards and they follow the format and numbering used in the 3 previous Angel sets. I received 4 duplicates and while that is annoying, it does show that the autographs are being inserted randomly and I can live with that.

Here is what I got in my case:

Case Loader: 1

Box Loaders: 3 complete sets, an extra BL-2

Puzzle: 3 complete sets, extra D1 D8 D9

Redemption: 3 complete sets, extra R2 R3

Pieceworks: 2 complete sets, extra PW3 PW4

Autographs: A24 Eliza Dushku Clap
A26 David Denman x2
A28 Randy Oglesby x2
A29 Jack Kehler "All The Best!"
A30 Roger Yaun x2
A31 David Monahan x2

While I still have that adrenaline buzz from scoring the Faith autograph I better start sorting some sets Big Grin

Posts: 147 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished busting my case and I must say this is probably the nicest Angel set to date. The photos are a bit brighter than usual and the subsets are very interesting.

It would appear that Angel stirs the creative juices for the folks at Inkworks, because they have come up with another innovative Case Loader.

The Box Loaders (3 cards) which are titled "Impossible Dreams", are done in washed out tones to give the appearance of being seen in one's mind.

The Puzzle Set (9 cards) is titled "Deceptions", and they look great. You have a photo of the cast in normal color and in the areas surrounding that photo you have blackish purple photos showing the different intrigues that went on in Season 4.

The 6 card "Redemption" set is attractive. Here you have a card for each of characters who went through some heavy duty soul searching in Season 4.

The 4 different Pieceworks cards are nice. Inkworks has managed to do a very good job in getting these to be as near to a regular card in thickness as possible, thereby preventing cherrypicking. I am glad to see this action being taken by a manufacturer as I am tired of having to babysit my open boxes at shows worrying about people trying to feel the Pieceworks, this was a major hassle last weekend with the Topps LOTR: Two Towers Update cards.

There are 10 different Autograph cards and they follow the format and numbering used in the 3 previous Angel sets. I received 4 duplicates and while that is annoying, it does show that the autographs are being inserted randomly and I can live with that.

Here is what I got in my case:

Case Loader: 1

Box Loaders: 3 complete sets, an extra BL-2

Puzzle: 3 complete sets, extra D1 D8 D9

Redemption: 3 complete sets, extra R2 R3

Pieceworks: 2 complete sets, extra PW3 PW4

Autographs: A24 Eliza Dushku Clap
A26 David Denman x2
A28 Randy Oglesby x2
A29 Jack Kehler "All The Best!"
A30 Roger Yaun x2
A31 David Monahan x2

While I still have that adrenaline buzz from scoring the Faith autograph I better start sorting some sets Big Grin
Smokin'

Posts: 147 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of red99
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to see how often this card is inserted. Olly - your 15 cases should give a good indication of the distribution of this card and if possible can you let us know how many you get of it in total, that would be helpful. Smile
Thanks Angel

Posts: 180 | Location: UK | Registered: April 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of angeleyes777
posted Hide Post
If Kristy's, Ken's, and my own cases (2 of them) are anything to go by, preliminary figures look like Faith may pop up one per case overall. Kristy had one, Ken had one, and I had one in each of my two cases.

Posts: 643 | Location: Modesto, CA, USA | Registered: July 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Blue
posted Hide Post
Faith 1 per case?! Great news new hear! Also good to say even distribution of peiceworks (No Alias PW3 problem!)

I've only opted for 5 boxes, so I just pray I got the 'Faith side' of the case Wink

Thanks for breakdowns so far Big Grin

*Mike*
Then its hilarious.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Inkworks went out of their way to assure there's 1 Faith in each case? So far all the breakdowns I've seen (not just the ones here) have had exactly 1 Faith redemption, no more or less, while the other autos appear more random in that there might be 2 or 3 of a particular auto in one case but 0 in another but which probably average out to 1 per case.

I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake--which I also keep handy.
W. C. Fields

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tamara
posted Hide Post
There is not a Faith in every case; at least not in every case we opened.

T.

"...you have no idea what I'm capable of..."

Posts: 1830 | Location: Victoria, Canada | Registered: March 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Did any of your cases have more than 1?

I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case I see a snake--which I also keep handy.
W. C. Fields

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tamara
posted Hide Post
nope

"...you have no idea what I'm capable of..."

Posts: 1830 | Location: Victoria, Canada | Registered: March 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The_Collector
posted Hide Post
Well i went a little mental for me anyway i dont spend huge amounts on trading cards the odd box now and again but i was dying for angel s4 to come out i missed a faith auto for £40 before and i kicked myself afterwards cause faith is one of my favorite characters.

Anyway i bought 3 boxes and 14 random packs, in total i did ok, i dont have a full breakdown of each box but ill list what i got.

Deceptions Puzzle D1-D9 + spare D8 and D9
Redemption Cards 1, 3, 4, 5, 6
AR-1 Faith Auto Clap
A29 Manny
A30 Wo-Pang
PW2 Cordy's Blouse x2 (1 with floral pattern, 1 without any patter but a large area of stiching on the right side maybe from the side of the costume ¬_¬ cordys armpit perhaps Razz)
PW3 Connor's Shirt
PW4 Jasmine's Pants

All in all i think if was a good few boxes i never thought id be lucky enough to get the faith auto redemption i almost died when i saw it, also the cordy costume was another up point since i just got the S3 gown card in a box last week its nice to get the blouse so easily i didnt expect 2 of it. I was a little dissapointed that i didnt pull the jasmine auto i think Gina Torres is great hipefully she'll sign for alias sometime the K-Directorate operative needs an auto!

Also someone else i know bought a box from the same case and also got the Faith auto redemption so the case we got in had two that i know of.

Posts: 28 | Location: UK | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Blue
posted Hide Post
Box 1
BL1
R4,R5
D7,D8,D9
PW2 Cordys blouse (floral pattern)
AR1 - Faith auto redemption!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Box 2
BL-3
R2,R3
D5,D6,D7
PW2 Cordys blouse (same pattern)
Prof Sidel (missed off when i first added my breakdown)

Box 3
BL-3
R1,R6
D1,D2,D3
PW3 Conners shirt
A25 Jasmine Big Grin (Thick marker pen)

Box 4
BL3
R1,R6
D1,D2,D3
PW1 Angel's shirt
A32 Flapper

Box 5
BL-1
R4,R5
D7,D8,D9
PW4 Jasmines pants
A27 The Beast Cool

All in all I was extremly happy with my 5 boxes - 3 out of the 4 autos I really wanted, although after pulling the Faith auto, I didn't really mind what else I got!

Plus I have been extordinarily good! I sorted all base cards before I went on to the next box!!!

*Mike*
Then its hilarious.

[This message was edited by Perfect Blue on September 06, 2003 at 09:31 AM.]

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else had a problem with the box loaders being damaged? I don't have one that is acceptable yet, and while I know Inkworks is good about replacements it is frustrating that I can't complete sets without good box loaders...

Ed

I am Scifi... Cards.

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
One complete set
BL3
D6,D7,D8
R3
A26 skip Big Grin
PW2 (floral pattern) Big Grin

Only got one redemption card instead of 2. Mad

This could possibly be because the PW2 pack was light.

Kevin

Rufus: Very basic strategy. If your enemies know where you are then don't be there!

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
This could possibly be because the PW2 pack was light.

I'm pretty certain all packs with a peicework where one base card short...
I guess this was to combat cherry picking, without having to use filler cards...

*Mike*
Then its hilarious.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mixed results from my two boxes, but mostly very good.

Box 1
Box Loader BL-2
Deceptions - 3,4,5
Redemption - 4,5
Autograph - A26 Skip Big Grin
Pieceworks - PW1

Box 2
Box Loader - BL-3
Deceptions - 1,2,3,9 Smile
Redemption - 2,3
Autograph - 31 Garrett Confused
Pieceworks - PW2 Big Grin

Actually it's a really good breakdown for me - except for the no Faith auto part. For once I got two different box loaders and all of my inserts are different with the exception of one Deception card and I got an extra one of those anyway.

All in all, can't complain.

Lesley

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post