Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Twilight Saga: New Moon Photocards (Topps 2009)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twilight Saga: New Moon Photocards (Topps 2009)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted
I opened 20 packs of these, and I am pretty impressed. Here is the breakdown:

12 cards shy of a base set (missing 1,4,7,22,25,34,37,40,43,46,67,70), 41 extras

Foil inserts (1 in every pack!):
• Volturi Coven (6 cards) - 1 complete set
• Seeing Alice (3 cards) - 1 complete set
• Loyalties (3 cards) 1 complete set, 1 extra (L-2)
• Temptations (1 card) - 1
• Reckless (1 card) - 2
• Goodbye (1 card) - 1
• Quotes (3 cards) - 1 complete set

(The temptations, reckless, goodbye & quote cards are numbered T-1 through T-6)

Checklists - 5

No auto redemptions (booo!)

Here is a pic of the checklist:

And a pic of card #54 (since it is not the same as card #52, like the Neca set!)

Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Miss Lizzy,

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They are nice cards,same quality as the first set plus the added incentive of autographs.

It's a shame then that Topps Europe is so poor at distributing them Frown .I pre ordered through my usual source who had ordered multiple cases months before the release date.

After hearing nothing from Topps we both saw them on sale in WHSmith.It took him two weeks to get a reply from Topps as nobody answered their phones only to be told that they sent everything out to the shops and basically "forgot" about anyone else Mad .

He was told that they would try to get some back from the shops but could not guarantee anything.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
is there a checklist of all the autographs in the set?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:

I've read that autograph cards are not on the checklist and it doesn't seem anyone know who sign for that set...if they are actually signing...One should have surfaced by now,no?

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:

I've read that autograph cards are not on the checklist and it doesn't seem anyone know who sign for that set...if they are actually signing...One should have surfaced by now,no?

Exactly. Maybe it's just a marketing ploy.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
I call shenanigans
I will believe it when I see one
I mean its not like there as rare as stuff in star wars and Indy

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Shenanigans!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The checklist doesn't show the titles for the Italian version. Cool

If I can't score some of these on my own, I might ask you for a higher-resolution scan of the checklist. I think I can handle the français, but my deutsche isn't good enough to avoid some laughable transcription errors. ...

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
The checklist doesn't show the titles for the Italian version. Cool

If I can't score some of these on my own, I might ask you for a higher-resolution scan of the checklist. I think I can handle the français, but my deutsche isn't good enough to avoid some laughable transcription errors. ...

I have extra checklists, would you like one?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, but I just won an auction for 33 packs by outsniping the bidder who sniped my winning bid. I'll get my chance to remind myself of the special codes for showing German ligatures in web text. Wink

Were the checklists for the first movie's Photocards trilingual?

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Crud, I was watching that auction, I forgot all about it. Congrats on the snipe!

I don't know if the first checklists were trilingual, I was thinking about ordering some packs though.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
I call shenanigans
I will believe it when I see one
I mean its not like there as rare as stuff in star wars and Indy

I beleive they exist and that some have already been found,though probably not many.

It's all down to what I said in my previous post.Hobby dealers and collectors simply cannot get them due to Topps distributing them all to retailers.There are cases sitting unopened in store rooms in shops in the UK and Europe.

The ones on display in stores are being sold slowly one at a time pack by pack to mainly teenage girls who are umlikely to post the find of an auto redemption on any of the places we tend to look Smile .This of course also assumes they know what they have found Roll Eyes .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
So these are a Topps Europe product? And the artwork is the same as the NECA set with a few extra cards (Loyalties)? *runs off to ebay*

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
So these are a Topps Europe product? And the artwork is the same as the NECA set with a few extra cards (Loyalties)? *runs off to ebay*

Thats correct.These cards have no 9 card puzzle set though.The first set was exactly the same as the trading cards except for the checklist card.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:

You don't stand a chance against those Europeans teenage girls Razz

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidDeb:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:

You don't stand a chance against those Europeans teenage girls Razz

I still feel like a teenager, and I am of European descent, doesn't that count? Razz Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Just wondering, has anyone actually SEEN one of the autographs from the set, in person or a photo of one from an auction? or one on ebay? or one in a store? or convention? or from a friend who collects? im just trying to get a handle on their existence, some evidence or something.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The packets state 1000 Auto's - Are people on here calling Topps Europe Liars??? As triple-frog says - Just because they aren't posted on card talk it doesn't mean they don't exist

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
- Are people on here calling Topps Europe Liars???

Maybe, are their pants on fire? Wink
We're all just a little skeptical I think. Or afraid to get our hopes up.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
hammer,

We haven't seen any of them show up on the auction sites, or in the other forums or blogs either (or at least not anywhere that came up from googling). Nobody seems to know *who* signed the cards, which might affect how vigorously we go after the product with the hopes of finding one.

Of course, set composition as printed on packaging has sometimes not been fulfilled, not out of any attempt to deceive, but from "changes beyond control" or errors at the packaging plant. I could imagine a scenario where autos became seeded differently in the English, French, German, and Italian versions.