Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Twilight Saga: New Moon Photocards (Topps 2009)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Twilight Saga: New Moon Photocards (Topps 2009)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
All I'm saying, is that the major feature everyone was talking about with these cards, was the "fact" that they had autographs included in the product. Its been a while now...and i don't know anyone who's ever seen or heard of one out there, let alone any sort of checklist. That is...odd...I'm not saying they are lying. It's just, that it would be nice if someone had even HEARD of the existence of one of them. I mean, even if it had they had print runs of like 10 or so each...assuming there were at least 3-4 signers, ONE of those 40 individual cards woulda made its way online , Ebay, message boards etc...

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have any contacts they can pass on who has boxes of these available in the USA? Or someone that can ship to the USA and not kill someone on the shipping?

Are there any stated odds on the wrappers or anything for the inserts? My wife mainly wants the Loyalty set since it wasn't done in the NECA set (and a correct 52/54).

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Does anyone have any contacts they can pass on who has boxes of these available in the USA? Or someone that can ship to the USA and not kill someone on the shipping?

Are there any stated odds on the wrappers or anything for the inserts? My wife mainly wants the Loyalty set since it wasn't done in the NECA set (and a correct 52/54).

I can help on the odds.There are 5 base cards and one foil card in each pack.If collation was perfect you would get two sets of all the foil cards in a box plus a base set.Assuming collation is similar to the first set I found that roughly 50% of the boxes had two foil sets and no dups.

Regarding actually getting the boxes I can only wish you luck.All the stock has gone to retail shops and unless some is returned or there is a second print run that is the only source.

I do know of some people who have gone into a shop and persuaded them to sell them an unopened box but that means paying an exhorbitantly high retail price(£54/$88).

Posts: 2565 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
hi
collation is poor on these,i know some people who havent made a base set out of a box and everyone seems to be searching for similar numbers-meaning!!! trying to make extra sets to lower the overall price to very tough-maybe they short printed some?.
No autos at uk shows last 2 weeks-it states a token to redeem for a auto card-so maybe a little early to say-odds of getting one looking pretty high-almost lottery like! Confused

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I do know of some people who have gone into a shop and persuaded them to sell them an unopened box but that means paying an exhorbitantly high retail price(£54/$88).

I bought one box from the owner of a newsagents that used a calculator to work out the cost of 36 packs @ £1.50 and came to the total of...£40 Eek I paid and ran Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

I bought one box from the owner of a newsagents that used a calculator to work out the cost of 36 packs @ £1.50 and came to the total of...£40 Eek I paid and ran Big Grin

good one Thumb Up

Posts: 12159 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Just making sure, were now many weeks into this product, huge ammounts of it has been busted...and still to date, no one has seen or even heard a somewhat legit RUMOR of these auto cards existing?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I seriously doubt huge amounts have been busted,certainly not by card collectors.

As has been said before all the stock went to retail outlets and none to hobby suppliers.Until the retailers return unsold stocks to Topps who will then hopefully send it out to hobby suppliers and then people like me these cards are selling a pack at a time to movie fans.

Posts: 2565 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
regardless of price trying to find them is the nightmare Mad

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I opened 33 packs. They came in a display box and it looked like it was the contents of the box with the top 3 packs sold, but the collation on inserts wasn't as good as Miss Lizzy found from 20 packs. The good news was that I completed a base set and was only 15 shy of a second set. But I didn't complete a single one of the insert sets.

I checked the insides of the packs and card fronts and backs carefully to make sure that I didn't miss a sticky "redemption token' for an autographed card, but without success.

Box: 36 packs of 5 base cards + 1 foil card. You'd expect 2.54 base sets of 71 if collation were perfect, or 2.32 base sets from my 33 packs. A box ought to provide an average of 2 complete sets of the 18 foil inserts.

My haul:

Base set (71): 1 complete set, 11 short of 2nd, 34 threes, 1 with 6 copies (#45)
Checklists (normal sized cards): 11
T foil cards: 1(2) 2(3) 3(1) 4(2) 5(3) 6(0)
Volturi Coven VO cards: 1(2) 2(4) 3(0) 4(2) 5(4) 6(0)
Seeing Alice SE cards: 1(2) 2(4) 3(0)
Loyalties Tested L cards: 1(1) 2(3) 3(0)
Autograph redemption token: none

My cost with about $20 worth of shipping charged from U.K. was just below the retail MSRP of £1.50/pack, but I also didn't pay any VAT to USA. That's one reason why I was surprised to win the auction because it would have been an even better value for somebody in Europe.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
actually, there nice looking cards. I wish the autographs hype turned out to be true though, that would have been nice.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
It is true. They are not that great but they are out there. Autograph

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
wow that's just..... sad that they used the same card.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
so is it a 1000 more Ashley Greene autos???

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well I finally managed to get a box off Ebay payin a bit more than I would have from my dealer but much less than buying it in a shop.

Have to say once again Topps UK like their parent company have managed to shoot themselves in the foot Shake Head .

Collation on the base set was very poor.36 packs each containing 5 base cards and one foil card should with even average collation make 2 sets of 71 cards.I was 5 cards short of even one set and I had as many as 7 of some base cards Frown .

At least I made up a set of each of the four foil sets and spare sets of two of them.

Needless to say no auto redemption.

I really hope they do better for the third film due out in June but I am not very optimistic.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In relation to the above anyone want to trade to complete a set?I need 4,37,40,43,and 46.I have spares of most of the other cards as well as spare foils.