Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Family Guy Seasons 3, 4, and 5 (Leaf)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Family Guy Seasons 3, 4, and 5 (Leaf)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted
Box 1: 1 Base Set, Q18, Q22, Q15 [# 12/25], AR1
Box 2: 1 Base Set, Q16, Q08 [# 08/70], DW2, Sketch

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are the results of my 1 case of Leaf Family Guy...

13 Autos (2 in 1 box)
4 Sketches
1 Printing Plate
18 "Quotables" cards
6 "Quotables" cards #/70
2 "Quotables" cards #/25
4 Meet The Characters cards

Posts: 38 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: August 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Superb case Thumb Up
Could you please email me with detsils of price and supplier? Thanks.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Superb case Thumb Up
Could you please email me with detsils of price and supplier? Thanks.

Thanks...

Email has been sent.

Posts: 38 | Location: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: August 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
I did extremely well for only 6 boxes :

8 Metal Quotable cards
4 Numbered Metal Quotable cards
1 Meet the Character card
7 Character Autographed Cards
1 printing plate
and, wait for it ....
4 sketch cards !!!!

I pulled 2 autograph cards and a sketch from one box

most can be seen on my website
http://www.collectablechris.com/family-guy.html

but I will show the sketches here
let me know if you can identify the one unknown
(and correct me if I am wrong on the others Wink )

Ken Hayashi

Kristina Bustamante

Mark Garcia

[U]
unknown artist[/U]

thanks for looking
and I will be keeping all of the cards !!

also, thank you to Ed for the boxes Smile

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Wow, 4 sketches in 6 boxes! Way to go, HCBREWER!

And I was happy with my 2 sketches in 5 boxes (still pretty happy!). My 5 autographs were pretty good, too, but I was hoping for Hamill or Fisher, especially the Hamill since it shows him as Luke.

I also got a Printing plate, Magenta in color

These seem to have 4 inserts per box, and my five boxes did hold 20 bonus cards in all. The other 12 inserts besides the sketches, autos, and the print-plate were a Die Cut Quagmire, one Parallel refractor Quotable numbered to 25, three Parallel refractors numbered to 70, and seven of the Regular Quotable Chrome cards.

Given the low print run, the size of the Quotable set (24) and the likelyhood of finding only 1-2 of even the regular versions per box, there are only a few hundred of each non-parallel card, meaning even those are limited, really, if not sequentially numbered.

I did want to mention that some of the base cards are miscut (there are usually a couple in every set not perfectly cut at the bottom, usually). Also, why did they not make cards for certain episodes? This set could've been 72 cards instead of 50, and with that number, not only could they have made one card for every episode from Seasons 3-5, but also the base set at 72 card would've fit even better into the plastic case used to hold the base set. A small quibble, but curious certainly.

All in all, a nice set, and going 3 seasons at a time, Leaf can do at least 2 more of these, and I hope they do.

Posts: 3326 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
All of the sketches (and most of the ones shown in the breakdowns above) with the stylized "B" for a signature are by current Family Guy storyboard artist and assistant director BAO NGUYEN.

Looking at the sketches pulled so far (here and elsewhere), I would say Nguyen did the best job with lots of classic, multi-character scene cards, and, as my own Quagmire sketch shows, the occasional use of full color. Alll riiight!

Posts: 3326 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Opened 6 boxes last night

Autos
Mark Hamill Big Grin Big Grin
Patrick Warburton
Debra Wilson
LeVar Burton
Alfonso Ribiero
Ed Asner
Carlos Alazraqui

Inserts
Quotables - Q01, 03, 04, 09, 11, 12, 16, 17, 19 & 20
Die Cut Character Cards - 5, 6 & 7
Quotables Rainbow Parallels (#'d to 70) - Q08 & Q24
Quotables Blue Foil Parallel (#'d to 25) - Q09

Sketches

All cards are spoken for (mostly by me Razz )

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
3 more boxes today:

Autos
Brian Tochi
Leif Garrett
Ed Asner

Inserts
Base card #2 printing plate (it says it's the yellow plate, but it looks like it was the cyan one)
Quotables:Q09,13,15,19
Die Cut cards: #4 (Meg)
Quotables rainbow foil parallels: Q19, Q20

Sketch
Brian by Bao Nguyen

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Miss Lizzy,

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
Still can't bring myself to support a Leaf product, but I do like quite a few of the sketches.
Going by chesspieceface's earlier post, the artist of your Brian sketch is Bao Nguyen, Lizzy.
Thanks for sharing!

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBelcher:
Still can't bring myself to support a Leaf product, but I do like quite a few of the sketches.
Going by chesspieceface's earlier post, the artist of your Brian sketch is Bao Nguyen, Lizzy.
Thanks for sharing!

I almost didn't get in on these - but I found some great prices on boxes & cases, so I couldn't resist.
And thanks for the input on the sketch - I guess if I had just looked up I coulda figured it out. Twak

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Opened a full case today:

Autos:
LeVar Burton
Alfonso Ribiero x2
Jennie Garth
Lou Gossett Jr.
Thomas Dekker
Brian Tochi
Patrick Duffy
Debra Wilson
Ed Asner
Gina Gershon
Patrick Warburton
Tori Spelling

Inserts:
Die Cut Character Cards - 1,2,5 & 7
Quotables - Q01, 02, 04, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, 23 & 24
Quotables rainbow foil parallels - Q01, 06, 07, 11, 15
Quotables blue parallels - Q01, Q13
Quotables red parallel (these are #'d to 5!) - Q14 #3/5
Printing Plate - base card #17 magenta

And 4 sketches:

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice sketches, Miss Lizzy!
It seems like Bao Nguyen, the artist of 3 of your sketches, drew a lot of the sketches in this set....which is a VERY good thing, because I haven't seen a bad one from Nguyen yet thanks to a great variety of scenes (including Star Wars paroides), multiple characters on one card, and ocassionally even full color. Good stuff!
The one in the bottom right corner is also very nicely done, not sure of the artist on it. It pictures Jasper, Brian's "outrageous" Hollywood cousin.

Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
Here is my first box (i have 2 more coming by the end of the next week)

Base Set, Q17, Q20, Q16 12/25 and Gina Gershon auto Smile

Posts: 77 | Location: Ireland | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
My other 2 boxes just arrived here today. Here is what i got:

Base Set
Quotables: 02, 06, 22, 23
Meet the Characters: Chris Griffin
Autographs: Jennie Garth, Debra Wilson
Sketch: Stewie by Mark Garcia Big Grin

Posts: 77 | Location: Ireland | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
These are all great cards! I never watched FAMILY GUY until my brother bought me their 'Star Wars' trilogy for Christmas. I thought I'd hate it, but to my surprise I loved it! Too late to start collecting the cards though so I'll collect them vicariously through you guys.

Posts: 2503 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Here's my two box break of Family Guy. I think I did ok on the pulls Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Darth Vader Fan,

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
2 boxes - 2 sketches
can't complain about that
how about any of the parallel quotables ?

think they went a little overboard on these
regular
/70
/25
/5
/1

series 1/1 on a parallel !!!

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
2 boxes - 2 sketches
can't complain about that
how about any of the parallel quotables ?

think they went a little overboard on these
regular
/70
/25
/5
/1

series 1/1 on a parallel !!!
My other inserts were,

Box 1
Q15, Q21(#10/25)

Box 2
Q4, Q6(#48/70)

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
Here are the pulls from 3 boxes:

Box 1: Alfonso Rieberio
Box 2: Carrie Fisher Smile
Box 3: Thomas dekker

No sketch, but very happy with the autos Smile

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post