Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Contemporary Pinups Holiday Edition (Galans Sketch Art Productions, 2012)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contemporary Pinups Holiday Edition (Galans Sketch Art Productions, 2012)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Got my five packs today and am really pleased with the results.Nice 38 card base set with all new original art plus two checklists and some top notch sketches including a puzzle from Scott Rorie and a pack with two sketches Dance .

Dan Capitumini,Tony Scott,Elfie Lebouleux.

Scott Rorie puzzle,JD Seeber,Roy Cover.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got my packs in from this set yesterday and still have a bit of editing to do on Holiday cards but I did get these from the original release from artists who submitted a bit late:

Chris Foreman, Chris Foreman, Dan Campos
Francois Chartier, J.D. Seeber, J.D. Seeber
Kevin E Meinert, Stephanie Rosales

Dan Campos 4-panel puzzle
Gavin Hunt (one of only two he did for the set !)

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, that didn't take as long as I thought it would. Here are my slightly edited pulls from the CP Holiday set:

Angelina Benedetti, Angelina Benedetti, Ashleigh Popplewell
Aston Roy Cover, Aston Roy Cover, Bill McKay
Charles Hall, Chris Foreman (Base Card sketch), Dan Borgonos (Base Card sketch)

Dan Capitumini, Dan Gorman, Darren Chandler
David 'Artassassin' Harrigan, David Hanson, David Hanson
Francois Chartier, Emmett Taylor, Francois Chartier

Gavin Hunt, George Webber, Irma 'Aimo' Ahmed
Jason Sobol, J.D. Seeber, J.D. Seeber
Joe Miller, Jomar Bulda, Julius Abrera

Kat Laurange, Kimberley Dunaway, Laura Inglis
Lynne Anderson, Mel Uran, Michael 'Locoduck' Duron
Michael Munshaw, Randi Leeane, Rich Molinelli

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevin F,

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
..and a few more:

Scott Rorie, Shane McCormack, Stephanie Rosales
Tim Proctor, Tony Scott, Vanessa 'Banky' Ferrano
Rupam, Sherry Leak

Alex Aldrete, Amy Clark (2-panel Base Card original)
Rupam, Dan Gorman
Jay Durden

Hayden Davis, Jomar Bulda
Mel Uran, Julius Abrera

I'm quite pleased with these Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Must admit I wish I could have afforded more.You did very well with multiple base card originals Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You did pretty well yourself with a Scott Rorie puzzle and a J.D. Seeber sketch. I've just found two other puzzles that I forgot to scan in yesterday sat next to my scanner Twak

This was definitely a high quality set with some great work from all of the contributing artists. One extra bonus for me was that my shipment only took five days to reach me from the States and it slipped under the Customs radar, so no extortionate ransom demand this time around Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes I reckon I saved about £35($56) by avoiding the duty so you probably saved about £350($560) Eek on what I assume was 50 packs.

posted Hide Post
Nice glad you got a few of my cards there, Can ya'll post and distinguish the Basecards from the sketchcards?

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
Nice glad you got a few of my cards there, Can ya'll post and distinguish the Basecards from the sketchcards?
i hope this what you were looking for. The original sketch cards are on the left with the printed Base Cards on the right:

posted Hide Post
Thanks Kevin, I'm glad i did my Basecards as singles instead of doubles. The colors look a little flared out in the prints but otherwise pretty good. I painted my Basecards separately from the CP cards at a larger size and added text to distinguish BC from Regular cards I did.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My second wave of cards from this set finally managed to escape from the clutches of Customs and reach me yesterday. There are some really amazing sketches now in my possession, see what you all think. Bear in mind that my scanner really struggled with the Patrick Larcada sketches and could not pick up the glitter on George Webber's and Amy Clark's sketches:

Amy Clark, Dan Bergren, Dan Gorman
Darren Chandler, Francois Chartier, George Webber
George Webber, Hayden Davis, James 'Bukshot' Bukaukas

James 'Bukshot' Bukaukas, James 'Bukshot' Bukaukas, Jason Durden
Jason Durden, Jomar Bulda, Julius Abrera
Kimberley Dunaway, Laura Inglis, Mel Joy

Michael 'Locoduck' Duron, Patrick Larcada, Patrick Larcada
Rhiannon Owens, Rhiannon Owens, Richard Cox
Richard Cox, Shane MacCormack, Vanessa 'Banky' Ferrano

Mel Joy, Mel Joy
Alex Alderete, Laura Inglis

Patrick Larcada, Sherry Leaks
Dan Bergren

Dan Bergren, Thanh Bui
Thanh Bui (2-panel)