Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Angel Season 5 (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Angel Season 5 (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

posted
I got 3 boxes of this today and have opened one of them, Im opening the other two tommorw. Heres what I got so far

BL3
BC3, BC6, BC7
LD3, LD6
Jonathan Woodward Knox Auto Redemption
PW7 Lorne Shirt 4 Colors this piece looks sweet

Posts: 151 | Location: Sacramento | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
<shakes head> waiting til tomorrow???What for man,must be real important to put off opening packs,packs,packs....Anyway let us know what you got Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well.... I opened my other two boxes today (was waiting for a friend to come by as he opened 2 boxes as well) heres what I got

Out of trading and 3 boxes I made a Mini Master Set
On to the two boxes and I have to same Im very happy with my pulls Smile

David Fury Auto
PW2 Freds Pants x2 Big Grin
Harmony Auto Big Grin

Posts: 151 | Location: Sacramento | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
Just finished busting my case of Angel 5, and here's how it worked out:

(I'm not listing which boxloaders came with which box, because I messed up somewhere when I wrote them down)

Box 1:
LD-6, LD-1
BC-7, BC-8, BC-9
AR-1 (Tom Lenk)
PW-1 (Fred's Blouse)

Box 2:
LD-5, LD-6
BC-5, BC-6, BC-7, BC-8
A-43 (Camden Toy)
PW-5 (Gunn's Shirt)

Box 3:
LD-2, LD-3
BC-1, BC-2, BC-3, BC-4
A-38 (Marc Vann)
PW-2 (Fred's Pants)

Box 4:
LD-2, LD-3, LD-4
BC-2, BC-3, BC-4
A-43 (Camden Toy)
PW-7 (Lorne's Shirt)

Box 5:
LD-3, LD-4
BC-3, BC-4, BC-5
AR-1 (Adam Baldwin)
PW-7 (Lorne's Shirt)

Box 6:
LD-6, LD-1
BC-8, BC-9, BC-1
AR-1 (Tom Lenk)
PW-3 (Angel's Shirt)

Box 7:
LD-2, LD-3
BC-9, BC-1, BC-2, BC-3
A-34 (Mercedes McNab) Bouncey
PW-6 (Spike's Shirt)

Box 8:
LD-5, LD-6, LD-1
BC-6, BC-7, BC-8
A-40 (Alec Newman)
PW-2 (Fred's Pants)

Box 9:
LD-4, LD-5
BC-5, BC-6, BC-7
A-42 (Eyal Podell)
PW-6 (Spike's Shirt)

Box 10:
LD-4, LD-5
BC-4, BC-5, BC-6
A-42 (Eyal Podell)
PW-4 (Wesley's Shirt)

Totals:

Boxloader Sets: 3 + BL-2
Last Day: 3 + LD-3, LD-4, LD-5, LD-6
Breaking the Circle: 3 + BC-3, BC-4, BC-5, BC-6, BC-7
Pieceworks: 1 Full Set + PW-2, PW-6, PW-7

Autos:
M. McNab - 1
A. Baldwin - 1
A. Newman - 1
T. Lenk - 2
M. Vann - 1
C. Toy - 2
E. Podell - 2
V. Kartheiser - 0
D. Fury - 0
J. Woodward - 0
J. Griffen - 0
G. Grubbs - 0

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my case break. Really wanted that Connor auto, but since I got Harmony, I won't complain too much. Big Grin Very thrilled about getting a full PW's set, since it didn't happen for me with my WoS case.

I think this set is very nice! Like Buffy Big Bads, the theme color is orange, BUT, it doesn't seem as overwhelming this time around. The insert sets are very nice, and the PW's cards look great!

The only complaint I have(and it's a doozy), I had 29 damaged cards! 28 of them were "Breaking the Circle" inserts, one was a boxloader. I plan on e-mailing Inkworks ASAP about getting replacements, and hope that too many others don't see this problem, as well.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maxpower03
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean about the Pieceworks! The Wesley one especially looks great (with him jumping through the air with the pistols)

Posts: 106 | Location: UK | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I, too, had many, many puzzle cards that were damaged. I have written to Inkworks and they replied that they would be happy to replace my cards. I'm worried that everybody will have damaged cards.

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 24 damaged BC cards, which I have packaged up ready to send to Inkworks.

One question though; If so many people have damaged BC cards will Inkworks have to do another print run to fulfil replacements?

Just a thought...

Posts: 10 | Location: England | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
That's a good question, and sorry to say, since my only case purchases have been with Buffy WoS and Angel 5, I really don't know. So far, I've heard 2 or 3 case buyers mention that the bulk of their BC inserts were damaged, and when I checked ebay, there were double the amount of auctions on the "Last Days" insert cards than there were "Breaking the Circle" inserts.

If this is any decent indication, they may have to do some reprinting, but I dont' really have enough expertise in this area to know really what they'll do.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished breaking my two cases, and here are the results of the Aberdeen jury...

Mystical Mutations BL1-3 : 6 sets + 2
Last Days LD1-6 : 5 sets + 12
Breaking the Circle BC1-9 : 7 sets + 2 (although these are not complete at present, as I have to send 45!! damaged cards back to Inkworks)

PW1 Freds top : 2
PW2 Freds pants : 3
PW3 Angels shirt : 4
PW4 Wesleys shirt : 3
PW5 Gunns shirt : 3
PW6 Spikes shirt : 2
PW7 Lornes shirt : 3 (very nice)

A34 Mercedes McNab : 2 Elephant
A35 David Fury : 0 Frown
A36 Adam Baldwin : 1 via AR1
A37 Vincent Kartheiser : 1
A38 Marc Vann : 2
A39 Jonathon Woodward : 2
A40 Alec Newman : 1
A41 Tom Lenk : 3 via AR1
A42 Eyal Podell : 3
A43 Camden Toy : 3
A44 Jennifer Griffen : 2
A45 Gary Grubbs : 0 Frown

Champions CL1 : 2

Overall pretty good mix, and the two missing should not be too difficult to aquire. Biggest dissappointment was the number of damaged cards.

Dave

Posts: 168 | Location: Green Hammerton, Yorkshire, UK | Registered: November 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inkangel
posted Hide Post
got my first box of Angel 5 in today.
here goes:

2 base sets + a bunch of singles

BL1 (happy cause I didn't have that one yet!!)

BC3, BC4, BC5

LD1, LD6

PW4 (not the one I hoped for but still real happy with this one too)

A34 (HARMONY Elephant Elephant Clap Big Grin Luv You Metal Bouncey JIPPIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!)

I am sooooooooooo happy woth this box!!
can't wait till the second one gets here...

Posts: 48 | Location: netherlands | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
why does it seem this isn't gettin opened like i thought it would?? Or is it just me?

Mike

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
I got my box just now, and i got -

A44 - Jennifer Griffin
PW1 - Fred's Top Thumb Up
LD2
LD3
BC1
BC2
BC3
BL1

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patonyfan:
why does it seem this isn't gettin opened like i thought it would?? Or is it just me?

If you're asking why there aren't more breakdowns in this thread, it's likely because not everyone has them yet. I'm still waiting on 2 boxes of this & 2 boxes of Buffy WOS...

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
maybe its just me then, but the breakdowns don't seem to be adding up like other products

Mike

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patonyfan:
maybe its just me then, but the breakdowns don't seem to be adding up like other products

Mike

You are not the only one.
I thought the same about the WoS section, but as Tialessa said, it is a bit early yet.
I am looking forward to more breakdowns --
Chris jack

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
got my 5 Angel boxes (not a case, as I have a wonderfull Angel opportunity) If that one works, will talk about it in OT Wink (hint jack Big Grin)

so here's the breakdown (I'm glad I got my boxes early)

I just want to add that I wanted the most Vincent's auto (since s3 in fact, so glad wonderfull people at ink released that one for us, and Lorne's pw as well as Angel's)

Box one
2 sets
Hamilton redemption card Smile
Pw2 Fred's pants
BL3 puppet
BC1 - BC8 - BC9
LD4 - LD5

Box two
2 sets (+ 1 with the spares of box one)
A40 Drogyn
PW2 Fred's pants and PW7 Lorne Bouncey (in same pack Big Grin)
BL2 Fred
BC3 - BC4 - BC2
LD6 - LD1

Box three
A37 Connor Bouncey Elephant
BL1 Lorne
BC7 - BC5 - BC4 - BC6
LD2 - LD3
Pw7 Lorne

Box four
2 sets (around 5 cards that were cut too much on the left)
A38 Dr Sparrow
Pw3 Angel Bouncey
BL2 Fred/Illyria
LD5 - LD6
BC1 - BC2 - BC3 - BC9

Box five
2 base sets (+1 with the spare cards of the other boxes)
PW4 Wesley
A42 Lawson
BL3 puppet
LD4 - LD5
BC1 - BC2 - BC8 - BC9

I got a mini master set out of the first 3 boxes, the puzzle cards are mint.
got lots of BC cards (3 boxes with 4 cards!)
an unexpected extra piecework card in the same pack!
And above all Vincent auto!! Bouncey

I'm more than thrilled by my 5 boxes!!
Lorne's pw is so sweet!! Angel's is very cool, and Wesley's is handsome! Wink

The cards all look great (2 lovely Cordy cards Luv You) maybe the Spike pw (with black hair is just ok) and maybe the picture on Connor's card is a bit sad (Connor is a happy boy now) but I'm a very picky here.

great cards, great looking pw cards, beautifull inserts (the puzzle is awesome!)

I love it! (and might buy more boxes)

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened two boxes. My Breaking the Circle insert cards were not damaged.

Box 1: Box 2:

BL-2 BL-2

A-43 Camden Toy A-35 David Fury
PW-2 Fred's Pants PW-2 Fred's Pants

BC 1,2,& 9 BC 7,8, & 9

LD 5,6 LD 5,6

Was just a bit disappointed by the number of duplicates. Sometimes it just happens that way.

Posts: 48 | Location: Oswego, NY | Registered: June 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristy
posted Hide Post
I finally got my case and opened it last night!!!

I am VERY VERY happy with my breakdown.

I got 10 different autographs, I didn't get Harmony or Drogyn.
I got all 7 PWs and an extra Wes, Gunn, and Angel.

I haven't made sets of the chase yet so I will edit my post later and add that info.

I am just so darn happy that I got 10 different autos out of my case!!!!!!!!! Clap

Also none of my puzzle cards were at all damaged.

Posts: 1042 | Location: Modesto, CA USA | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice one Kristy Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
looks like the last couple breakdowns the BC cards were fine. Wonder if the damaged cards were from early in the print run and they got it corrected??

Mike