Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Elvis Lives (Press Pass)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elvis Lives (Press Pass)
 Login/Join

Picture of watchers of watchers
posted
Just got my first box
MAde 1 full set
Got Cards 3,4,7,9,10 of 12 foil
and a Scarf worn piece two color!
I like this set and will be buying more!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice pull! Glad you are enjoying these, that's what it's all about!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always been an Elvis fan so I was glad to seee these, I have another box comming Monday so I will update then!

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great one. I don't know the manufacturer, do they have a website?

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your pulls watchers of watchers! Thumb Up

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
The manufacturer Press Pass has made Nascar cards for years and has dabbled in some other stuff as well such as Football & Basketball.

Their website is here:

Press Pass

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
There is also a special packaging of these cards (seen at Wal-Mart) for $19.99. You get 8 packs of cards and a limited Elvis car. I think there are 6-different cars. Johnny Lighting made these cars of course since Press Pass'es parent company owns that company too.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike. I've checked their site and they don't have information about the Elvis set though.

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jademaliburoad:
Thanks Mike. I've checked their site and they don't have information about the Elvis set though.

Yeah, I noticed that. I just sent them an email asking why no info. We will see if I get any response.

Mike.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
The manufacturer Press Pass has made Nascar cards for years and has dabbled in some other stuff as well such as Football & Basketball.

Their website is here:

Press Pass

Mike.

Don't forget that Press Pass made a few non-sport sets many years ago (way back in 1993). One of the gentleman who started Press Pass was a former Pro Set employee but he is no longer with the Press Pass.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Wasn't one of the sets a Princess Diana set or something like that?

Mike.

posted Hide Post
Bought two more boxes, in the first one I got three more foil cards I needed and a base set.
The second box had five foil cards all repeats but I did get an auto for Yvonne Craig from It happened at the Worlds Fair!! Clap
A box saver still happy with these!

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wasn't one of the sets a Princess Diana set or something like that?

Mike.

Yes, Press Pass made The Royal Family. They also did the comic set Tribe and were also going to do Eudaemon but only the promos were released. This one was another comic set based on Nelson's artwork.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I received an email from Press Pass and they say that the Elvis checklist should be posted by the end of the month. Only 2 days away! LOL!

Mike.

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Hello Everyone,

First off, I just want to say thank you all for your feedback on the Elvis Lives set, and congratulations to "Watchers of Watchers" on your break! I have seen a lot of breaks on this product, and people seem to be very pleased overall. The memorabilia cards in this set are carrying good value, and I can't wait to see someone pull one of the cut signature cards! The checklist should hopefully be published soon (our website is operated by our corporate facility, and unfortunately we don't have much control over how fast things get updated).

Obviously, the Elvis trading card set has been done before. However, those sets left a lot to be desired in my opinion. We tried to really pay attention to detail and produce a quality set. We took the time to make sure the photos and copy matched up and that things were as accurate as possible so that collectors and Elvis fans would have something they could really cherish.

We were also excited about the autograph and memorabilia program! Elvis Lives includes autographs from several of Elvis' band members and colleagues such as James Burton (guitarist and TCB band leader), D.J. Fontana (drummer in 50s-60s), Scotty Moore (guitarist in 50s-60s), and Yvonne Craig (co-star in Kissin Cousins and It Happened at the World’s Fair). These people were a real pleasure to work with, and they were very excited about the set.

I don’t want to take up too much of everyone’s time, but I do appreciate the feedback so far. If anyone has any comments or suggestions, let us know! We would love to hear from our customers.

Thanks again!

Sincerely,

Jesse
Elvis Product Mgr.
Press Pass Trading Cards

Posts: 1 | Location: Charlotte, North Carolina | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for taking the time to share informations with us about Elvis Lives.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
Has anybody else opened a box of these yet?

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
all I got was a base set and 4 foil cards. Not worth what I paid for the box, very dissapointing. Twak

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
I received an email from Press Pass and they say that the Elvis checklist should be posted by the end of the month. Only 2 days away! LOL!

Mike.

Where exactly would that be Mike? I went to that website, but I can't find it. Confused

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Card Talk Press Pass! Smile I haven't found a box of Elvis Lives yet.

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post