Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Elvis Lives (Press Pass)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elvis Lives (Press Pass)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Picked up a mini box, not certain why. Confused

8 packs, 5 cards each C-
Box design B+
Wrapper design B
37/38 commons, 1 dupe B
Base set design B
1 Elvis fashion foil #8 A (sharp)
1 Autograph James Burton-Band member 1:144 Bouncey
Autograph design B+
1 mini Cadillac Eldorado (yellow) B
Insert ratios C

Overall B
Sometimes you get lucky. The autograph is clean and easy to read...no scribble or scratch...my compliments to the signer.

Big Grin

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Rich
posted Hide Post
My box just arrived today and here's what I found inside:

Foils 3, 6, 7, 10, and 12. Beat the odds!
Auto of D. J. Fontana! (1 in 144 odds) Bouncey

I haven't sorted the commons yet, but the set looks nice. The photos on front and back are nice and clear and cover a lot of ground in Elvis' career.

Posts: 768 | Location: Kokomo, IN | Registered: January 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to the local Walmart today and picked up 4 packs. First three packs nothing but base cards. Last pack 1/1 Yellow Printing Plate. Dance Overall nice looking cards and I was very happy with Printing Plate.

Posts: 31 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: September 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Decided to try my luck with a whole box. I got one complete base set and three foil cards. Not so lucky the second time around I guess. Oh well. Frown

Posts: 31 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: September 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kingraider32
posted Hide Post
Busted One hobby box:

One base set
5 foils
1 Dj Fontana auto!

Posts: 295 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by watchers of watchers:
Bought two more boxes, in the first one I got three more foil cards I needed and a base set.
The second box had five foil cards all repeats but I did get an auto for Yvonne Craig from It happened at the Worlds Fair!! Clap
A box saver still happy with these!

I just pulled this same auto! But mine has RED INK (a variant?)

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Collect the Cards
posted Hide Post
Went to Wal Marts and bought a box with the car.
Question does NSU price guide list the cars with the cards?
The plastic box that the cars is shiped in are Thumb Up does anyone know where you can buy those at I have quite a few of Johnny Lighting, Hot Wheels, etc cars that I would like to put them into - any help with finding them is appreciated.

I went to Press Pass's site and did not find the car boxes or the Elvis cards there. If you know the link please post.

Posts: 351 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From Wal Marts

1 mini box
black race car with 11 on it
1 foil card
rest commons

2nd mini box
blue car
2 foil cards
rest commons

bought what was left in a box (they didn't have any un-opened boxes) 14 packs
4 foil cards
rest commons

all of these and I need nine cards to complete a common set.

the cars are nice - the blue one's hood opens Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Collect the Cards,

Posts: 351 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From Wal Marts

3rd mini box
yellow car
2 foil cards
A SIGNED SCOTTY MOORE Lead Guitar cardSmile

and need five cards to complete one base set

Are the cars listed in the NSU price guide?

posted Hide Post
I got my copy of the NSU and it looks like they are going to list the cars as diecasts Smile

posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,I am new to the site and enjoy the subjects of discussion.I bought a box of Elvis Lives cards about a month ago and this is what I got: 4 foil cards,no signature card,and I didn't even get a full base set.Needless to say,I was very disappointed.I would also like to say congradulations to all the people who got a signature card!

Posts: 55 | Location: tree.topp@hotmail.com | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
welcome aboard Wave

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been tempting to buy those small boxes with the cars at Walmart, but before I do so I was wanting to know how many cards are in the base set?

Posts: 53 | Location: Missouri | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I opened 5 boxes, made 4 complete sets and a bunch of commons. Pulled a press plate and an autograph.

I am disappointed in the autograph inserts(autographs). Press Pass' sell sheet hailed that there inserted autographs of his leading ladIES. With the Yvonne Craig auto being the only auto I have seen, that would make it leading LADY!!!

Non Sports price guide shows Ann Margaret, Barbara Eden, Donna Douglas, Nancy Sinatra, Ursula Andress, Tuesday Weld, Debra Paget as inserted autographs.

I have been watching eBay for any of these autographs but as of yet, I have seen none.

Would love to see a response to my post from the guy at Press Pass that posted earlier in this thread to address the misleading advertsing of the leading LADIES autos.

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: December 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally gave in and purchased one of the mini boxes. Got the pink car. Only one foil card and the rest were commons. The thing that really got me was like I got duplicates in the same pack. Also some of the cards backings weren't glossy, is that how it's suppose to be or are they some sort of mistake? Other than that I really liked the cards even though I didn't get any really awesome special cards.

Posts: 53 | Location: Missouri | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
1 box =
1 set
Foil cards 1,2,4,7,9
Autograph Ray Walker of the Jordanaires

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post