Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Once Bitten (Asylum Publishing, 2014)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Once Bitten (Asylum Publishing, 2014)
 Login/Join

posted
Post your pulls Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Jim Kyle

Posts: 353 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post

(l to r)
Jim Kyle, Axebone?, Steve Lydic, Roy Cover, Danny Silva

This set was worth waiting for!

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pendragon:

(l to r)
Jim Kyle, Axebone?, Steve Lydic, Roy Cover, Danny Silva

This set was worth waiting for!

you nailed it!

the juxtaposition of the black & white background with the colour vampire lady is awesome by Roy cover!

Posts: 55 | Location: North Wales | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
15 packs yielded three sets of the 20 base cards, one foil EF-3 and 15 sketches.I had assumed the foils were going to be randomly packed but mine was separate in its own sleeve. There cannot be many of these foils about if they have been sent out like this, I would guess only about 15-20 of each of the three cards.

Daerick Gross Snr ?, Puis Calzada, Roy Cover.

Steve Lydic, Kimberley Duanaway, Chris Bradberry.

Elfie Lebouleux, Emmett Taylor, Richard Cox.

Debra Quinn, Gary Kezele, Daniel Wong.

Tim Shay, Gavin Hunt, Francois Chartier.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That 'Adam Braun ?' looks an awful lot like a Richard Cox sketch from the style. Love those final five sketches Thumb Up

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I wish my two sketches were as great as some of yours are! Outstanding!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
That 'Adam Braun ?' looks an awful lot like a Richard Cox sketch from the style. Love those final five sketches Thumb Up

You are correct Thumb Up ! In my defence I have only ever pulled one sketch by Mr Cox before Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I wish my two sketches were as great as some of yours are! Outstanding!

I was lucky in that I had spare funds available when this release went on sale and also had guaranteed buyers for both my spare base sets.

My past experience with this type of set with what I would consider high end artists has been that the more you buy the better your pulls simply by the law of averages.

Are you able to post pictures of your two sketches? No release will have all top of the line sketches but I have yet to see a poor one from this set.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just had a reply from Jim regarding the foils . There were indeed only 50 in total so just 17 of two of them and 16 of the third Eek .

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
After a LOT of failures, I finally (I hope) figured out how to take better pictures with my camera. Here are my two sketches. I am NOT saying they are bad sketches, anything but. However, they are not what I was hoping I'd get. I'm not an art critic, I just know what I like!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
After a LOT of failures, I finally (I hope) figured out how to take better pictures with my camera. Here are my two sketches. I am NOT saying they are bad sketches, anything but. However, they are not what I was hoping I'd get. I'm not an art critic, I just know what I like!

The second one isn't bad at all. I prefer more of a scene to just a tight portrait myself. The first one is not that good.

You're right of course that everyone has their own idea of art and what they like. Some of the sketches shown here are really top drawer, but I'm not really into babes drenched in blood, so it's not for me.

I think that's why I like the second one too, no gore. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
10 Pack Break:
Awesome set, well worth the wait! Great sketch cards and quality base card art. No complaints at all here. I even got a couple of sketches from the previews which was nice, and one by the creator Jim Kyle.
Made up 2 base sets. Scans below:

Amber Shelton, Danny Silva, Scott Rorie
George Deep, Jim Kyle Smile, Tim Proctor
Emmett Taylor, Daniel Wong, Jason Keith Phillips

Daerick Gross Sr.

Posts: 55 | Location: North Wales | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There really is some superb stuff in this set, some of these sketches are great. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post