Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Walking Dead Season 5 Trading Cards (Topps, 2016)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 5 Trading Cards (Topps, 2016)
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
Picked up a box today from my local shop

Base cards
100 card base set missing 10 cards.But I did get 18 duplicates

Chase Sets
6 Locations cards (of 9?)
6 Walkers, 2 of which were duplicates
12 Character cards 6 of which were duplicates

2 parallels
1 Rust (8/99) 1 Mold (11/25)

2 hits are guaranteed per box
1 Walker relic (4/25)
1 Sasha Williams relic (65/99)

My thought on these. I was optimistic when Topps took over WD from CZE. They did not improve Cryptozoic's product. For considerably less money you would receive a full set, an autograph and a relic from CZE.
The cards themselves are nicely done, as one would expect from Topps, I like that parallels are to a minimum and numbered, and of all the chase sets, the Characters are really beautifully done.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 2912 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you got the more common box that contains two relics and no autograph. I don't understand why you would not have at least a complete base set though. If there are 18 base duplicates, how can it be short ten base cards?

Well I know how, but the why escapes me? Wink

Are some of the base cards short printed? No, I don't think I've read that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Yes, I had read the other thread about how it was hard to find autos.
I was resigned to getting this box because my local dealer had gotten it for me. I don't know why the boxes are so expensive either. I have seen $90, I paid $95 for mine. A nice auto would have made that acceptable.
Let's see how others do, the lack of a complete set and duplicates of many of the chase are really bad.

Posts: 2912 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Tough box Don, a base set at least is what you want.

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I purchased one box of this. Here is what I pulled out of the box:

1 base set
1 Rust parallel card #97 numbered 34/99
1 Mud parallel card #56 numbered 08/50
12 Character cards
6 Locations cards
6 Walkers cards
1 Walker relic card
1 autograph card, Corey Brill as Pete Anderson numbered 77/99

I think it was a pretty good box considering some of the other comments that I have read. I didn't have any duplicates among the Character, Locations or Walkers cards.

I am happy that the autograph is on card and not a sticker. I hope Topps continues with that choice.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Today I stopped by my local shop to pick up some packs. I got 4 James Bond and 2 Walking Dead. Before I paid, my dealer mentioned that one of the other customers had left a stack of cards for me. He buys a box and sells the hits on eBay, and sometimes he gives me the rest. He gave me a stack of Walking Dead, so for a minute I considered putting the 2 WD packs back, since the cards I still needed were most probably in the stack, but at the last minute, I decided to just get them.

Good thing - inside one of the packs an auto from Steven Yeun (Glenn Rhee)! Completed my base set, plus the Character subset and most of the Location and Walker cards.
Then from the Bond packs, pulled another auto, Andy Bradford as 009.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Today I stopped by my local shop to pick up some packs. I got 4 James Bond and 2 Walking Dead. Before I paid, my dealer mentioned that one of the other customers had left a stack of cards for me. He buys a box and sells the hits on eBay, and sometimes he gives me the rest. He gave me a stack of Walking Dead, so for a minute I considered putting the 2 WD packs back, since the cards I still needed were most probably in the stack, but at the last minute, I decided to just get them.

Good thing - inside one of the packs an auto from Steven Yeun (Glenn Rhee)! Completed my base set, plus the Character subset and most of the Location and Walker cards.
Then from the Bond packs, pulled another auto, Andy Bradford as 009.

See a bad box offset by good packs - that was a GOOD Birthday Smile

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post