Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Chronicles of The Three Stooges - Series 3 (RRParks Cards, 2015)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chronicles of The Three Stooges - Series 3 (RRParks Cards, 2015)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted
Here is my box break (and review) for Chronicles of The Three Stooges Series 3 from R.R.Parks Cards.

Once again R.R. Parks cards has outdone themselves with the followup to Chronicles of The Three Stooges Series 2 with Series 3. With more retro cards, more inserts and the first ever Stooges anaglyph cards, there’s more bang-for-you-buck per box for Stooge fans & collectors alike.

Base set (continued):
The base set continues where the 2nd series left off. They have crisp black and white photos on glossy card stock. On the reverse of each card features a list of talent involved, plot synopsis and interesting facts about the short itself. These cards have a yellow trim boarder.

Stooge Gals Subset (continued):
Continuing from Series 2, they feature the female co-stars of the Stooge shorts. Great quality images with information about which shorts they starred in, as well as what each actress went on to do after working with the Stooges. These cards have a red trim boarder.

Christine McIntyre Subset:
This new subset features Stooge Gal regular Christine McIntyre. These cards have a green trim boarder.

Stooges Anaglyph 3D Inserts:
Appearing for the first time ever, are The Three Stooges 3d Anaglyph cards! These cards come 1 per pack. Painstakingly created by Andrew Cambalik. Smile

Retro Cards (Western Stooges themed) Inserts:
The amazing retro cards return with a “Western Stooges” theme. Printed on replica 1959 retro stock, these cards continue the numbering from Series 2. The retro-colorwork on these is outstanding!

Special Artist Portraits Inserts (continued):
Continued from Series 2, these beautiful portraits feature Stooge regulars from their shorts. All drawn by Macarie Claudiu in very fine detail. These are printed on glossy card stock.

Pain-O-Rama puzzle Inserts:
Not just 3, but 6 puzzle cards that form a continuous image of all the Stooges taking their frustrations out on each other! Personally, I love the caricature style of these cards!

Behind the Scenes Foil Inserts:
Rare behind the scenes photos of The Stooges printed on foil card stock. The backs form a puzzle.

Special Artist Manga Foil Inserts:
The Three Stooges drawn as Manga characters by Constance Wu. Printed on foil card stock.

Film Cel Box Topper card:
An authentic strip of film from The Three Stooges archive of shorts!

Extra stuff in the box:
There were posters ( 2 of the same) and 3 mini-sheets of uncut tobacco sized cards! Also included was a pair of 3D anaglyph glasses (red & blue) used for viewing your 3D Stooge cards.

Cut out Mini-Cards:
As before, all around the box itself are miniature images of The Stooges. On the inside of the box you can see the printed backs of those minis! Instructions are included on how to cut them all out.

OVERALL:
A perfect followup to Series 2. I love the continuation of the Retro cards, perfectly executed once again. (Full disclosure: Of course, I’m slightly biased about the 3D Anaglyph cards because I was commissioned by Mr. Parks to make them. It was a complex and lengthy process for each card, but the results are amazing. Look for more Stooges 3D Anaglyph cards in Series 4!)

Notes:
My box contained 2 complete sets (Base, subsets, portraits and all foil cards). 1 complete set of 3D anaglyph insert cards, and 1 complete set of Retro Western insert cards.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And, because of the quality of your scans, the anaglyph 3D glasses work perfectly well with the images you posted above on my computer screen. Thumb Up

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
And, because of the quality of your scans, the anaglyph 3D glasses work perfectly well with the images you posted above on my computer screen. Thumb Up

Glad to be of service!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
I totally agree with mintoncard! All 3 series of The Chronicles of the 3 Stooges have been OUTSTANDING! Talk about bang for your buck, WOW! RRPARKS has done a fantastic job with this license. If you're a Stooges fan then this is the set to get!

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RRParks CARDS
posted Hide Post
Thanks Pendragon! ... and am currently writing and designing series four (with Cambalik, the genius who created the series three 3Ds, hard at work on series four's 3Ds).

Posts: 87 | Location: Nevada | Registered: July 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RRParks CARDS:
Thanks Pendragon! ... and am currently writing and designing series four (with Cambalik, the genius who created the series three 3Ds, hard at work on series four's 3Ds).

Compliments will get you everywhere.