Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Nevermore Alice Drink Me Eat Me (Marty & Boo's Cards, 2013)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nevermore Alice Drink Me Eat Me (Marty & Boo's Cards, 2013)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Got my 10 packs in the mail yesterday numbered 56-65 consecutively.Each pack had one sketch by BOO and one by another artist The backs of the Boo sketches were different to the other sketch artists.

Pack art and the two different sketch card backs.

The 10 BOO sketches

Francois Chartier,George Webber,Luke Smarto.

Tim Proctor,Mike Vasquez,Fer Galicia.

Pablo Diaz,Jennifer Mercer,Dreek Owen

Frank Kadar.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The card you have tagged as Marmalade Duke is actually a Mike Vasquez. Nice haul.

Posts: 5 | Location: Nevermore | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
hope mine are on the way

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nevermore Fan:
The card you have tagged as Marmalade Duke is actually a Mike Vasquez. Nice haul.

Thanks for identifying that sketch Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boo
posted Hide Post
I am very happy to say all packs of Nevermore Alice Drink Me Eat Me are now in the mail, I was very proud that the set sold out in under an hour and carnt wait to see which cards everyone gets Smile

Posts: 95 | Location: England | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These are the cards from packs 66 through 70 Smile

Left to Right : Boo + Boo's Mum, Boo, Elfie Lebouleux
Second row : Dan Gorman, Frank Kader

and then the Boo cards

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So we are just missing packs 1-55 and 71-100 Big Grin .Do you have any info on how many sketches each artist did Boo?

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well I can account for packs 11 to 35 - Me. I should have chance to scan them soon, but will not be able to post them all due to content.

Posts: 5 | Location: Nevermore | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
This sounded like a great idea, but the sketches I've seen so far do nothing for me. However, this seems, to me at least, the problem with almost all the sketch cards being inserted in sets lately. With boxes going for $65 and up, and the main reason to buy one is to get the sketch, I would want a drawing worth (again, to me) $65 or more. So what I do now is buy two boxes, open one, frown at the sketch I pull, put the unopened box in my closet (it's part of a complete set in my opinion) and then find any sketches I like on Ebay or at card shows. This works the best for me. And yes, I've read all the arguments and reasons for the sketch cards being what they are, all of which are reasonable, and I feel for slighted artists, etc., etc. But - bottom line - I'm still only going to buy sketch cards I like, and if I can't get them from opening packs (although I HAVE pulled some nice ones from packs, don't get me wrong, but they are so far and in between I can't afford to do this now) I will seek them elsewhere.

Posts: 2509 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are some of my pulls, as I said some of them can not be shown due to nudity.

Firstly the Boo cards:

Now onto the other artists:

Pablo Diaz / Boo's Mum & Boo

Fer Galacia / Dan Gorman

David Hardy / Frank Kadar

William Kunkel / Elfie Lebouleux

Chris Meeks / Jennifer Mercer

Rich Molinelli / Tim Proctor

Luke Smarto / Mike Vasquez

As for the ones I could not post there are cards by:

Boo, Francois Chartier, Kat Laurange, Dreek Owens, Walter Rice and George Webber.

Thanks to fantastic collation a master set and more! A great value release with some wonderful art. My only minor niggle is that I like some sort of base card set even if it is very limited 9.5/10

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bummed I missed this one (sold out before I could order) -- nice pulls all around!

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cardaddict:
This sounded like a great idea, but the sketches I've seen so far do nothing for me. However, this seems, to me at least, the problem with almost all the sketch cards being inserted in sets lately. With boxes going for $65 and up, and the main reason to buy one is to get the sketch, I would want a drawing worth (again, to me) $65 or more.

Thats why I buy these type of sets rather than boxes. Far from being $65 for one sketch these were approx $22 for two sketches Smile .

Nevermore Fan congrats on getting that Chris Meeks which is the back of all the Boo sketches Thumb Up .

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Triple-Frog, it was a great pull - as were the others. It was also featured in NSU I believe.

I wonder where all the other scans are?

Picture of Boo
posted Hide Post
Awesome scans guys, i love seeing your cards that you got hold of

I know some of the customers i sell packs to dont go online to card websites like this and some are re-sellers so you wont see their numberd packs on here, you can spot them appearing on ebay or they just never show up online.

Personally I feel our packs at Boo & Martys Cards are great value since a serise is often limited to only 100 or 200 packs, theres always 1 high quality sketchcard in every pack and then often a bonus.
DeadSexy packs came with an additional double sided postcard print, Nevermore Alice Drinkme Eat Me came with a free bonus sketchcard, Nevermore Alice 1, NA Flux, NAWinter Solstice, Angles&Demons and Island Dreams all come wit basecards and the packs are a great price from £11 to £15 pounds, less than most people spend on a take out here in the UK.

Whats more we listen to and take customer feedback seriously, with our early sets we got feedback about packing and that led me to design custom sleeves for every set.

Many other companys want to produce hundreds or thousands of packs because they are very very interested in mass production... we are not, we focus all our time on high quality artist driven cards and sets with limited edition production runs Smile

I'm getting over a cold right now, and then i'll be finishing production on a brand new set - Britannia www.britanniastrikes.blogspot.com
thats going to be sooooo exciting.

OH and do folks like sketchcards being use as the card back so that one lucky collector can find that card in the packs? let me know

Posts: 95 | Location: England | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post