Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Trek Insurrection (Skybox)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek Insurrection (Skybox)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted
The box breakdown:

Base Sets - 2
Wardrobe Inserts - W1x2,W2,W6,W7,W8,W9
Schematic Inserts - S2,S3,S4,S5,S6x2,S7x2,S8
Okudagrams Inserts - OH1,OH2,OH3,OH4,OH6x2,OH8,OH9
Relationships Inserts - R1,R2,R8
Autograph Insert - A17
Gold Character Insert - None

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of....inevitability." Agent Smith

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scott12
posted Hide Post
In my box I got:

Base sets: 2
Schematics : s1,s2,s6,s7(x2),s8(x2),s9(x2)
Wardrobe: w2,w3(X2),w4(x2),w6,w7,w9
Okudagrams : oh1,oh7(x2),oh9
Relationships : r3,r7
Autographs : a12
Gold card : g5

Posts: 111 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Gold card pull Thumb Up. I think i've opened 8 boxes since this sets release and have NEVER found one.

Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Brimaster
posted Hide Post
Picked up another box.

Base Sets - 2
Wardrobe Inserts - W1,W2,W3,W4,W5,W6,W7,W8,W9
Schematic Inserts - S1,S2,S3,S4,S5,S6,S7,S8,S9
Okudagrams Inserts - OH3,OH4,OH5,OH6,OH7
Relationships Inserts - R1,R2,R8,R9
Autograph Insert - A17 Mad
Gold Character Insert - None Frown

Can't believe I got the same auto as the last box I picked-up.

Posts: 855 | Location: Somewhere | Registered: April 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi !

A friend of mine recently aquired 4 boxes in a comic-shop who wanted to get rid of these boxes. We got them for app. 20 bucks each. I got three boxes and this is what I had in there (apart from the regular chase cards):

autographed cards Bolian officer (2) and Gallatin
Worf gold card (247/400)

My friend had in her box
autographed card Riker
gold cards Riker AND Worf ...

Can you believe this? I hardly can, but I have seen the cards with my own eyes. The force was really with us, I guess. On the other hand, I have bought throughout the years 8 boxes of Insurrection, and still did not get a single gold card pack-pulled until now. I did buy one a year ago for a good price, which happened to be - Worf (241/400)!

What is even funnier: my friend does not even really collect cards (not like most people here on the board, at least), yet she already has THREE of the gold cards (Worf, Riker, Data) and is one happy person. Oh well, if it wasn`t for her, I wouldn`t even have known about the sale in her town.

:-)

Regards,
Chris

Posts: 20 | Location: Mainz, Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
that's awesome.. good cheap fun.. i like opening old stuff..

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Wow those were great finds.Your friend really got an awesome deal. Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I'm still looking for that elusive Picard Gold card G1 so I got another box #26313 of 28000
Did I get It?
See Below.
.buiding up the old tension.
I got 3 base Sets
1 full Wardrobe set W1-W9
1 Full Schematics set S1-S9
5 Okudagram cards OK1, 2, 7, 8, & 9
3 Relationships card R-1, R-8 & R-9
1 Autograph card A-9 MARK DEAKINS
0 Gold cards Frown So still looking.

I have a Data G-3 if anyone has a G-1 to trade,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm in the process of splitting a 20 Box Hobby Case of the Star Trek Insurrection Movie produced by SkyBox and I'm very disappointed with the break so far. The case was sealed as was the actual boxes.

I've split 12 boxes, had 4 boxes with no autograph, out of the 8 that had an autograph I've hit * 3 of same autograph (Mark Deakins).

I've only had 1 decent hit Brent Spiner and the chase (Relationships) are not breaking very well either.

When these hit the market in the 90's were similar problems identified?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Well that sucks, especially for the amount of money you paid. I can't help you if the problem started as soon as they hit the market but if you opened 12 and a third contain no auto I'm betting there were problems on behalf of Skybox. Unless of course the boxes have been searched. Was the case properly factory sealed? What about the boxes in question? Anything sus?

I've always dismissed the notion of people re-sealing boxes, thinking it's too paranoid or impossible, but is it actually possible?

Anyway, sorry to hear you pulled three Mark Deakins as well, probably a ploy by Skybox to make customers purchase more cases.

Good luck with the remaining boxes.

Posts: 39 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

These boxes are bad.they also have redemptions in aswell which are worthless.the best thing about a case of this is that you should pull a gold card??

Good luck!!

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simpsonscardman:
These boxes are bad.they also have redemptions in aswell which are worthless.the best thing about a case of this is that you should pull a gold card??

Good luck!!

I've the Redemptions before when I've bought boxes and sold them on the bay for not too bad an amount. Some collectors go for Redemptions to complete sets.

I've opened another 2 boxes and had a decent hit (Spiner again).

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post