Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Razor Cut Signature Edition 2008
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Razor Cut Signature Edition 2008
 Login/Join

Picture of clearblue
posted
Nobody here seems to have opened any of this. With all the controversy of this product, I thought I'd try a couple anyway.

I snagged a couple decent ones:

The Celtics Great, Bob Cousy and the equally wonderful Bob Barker!!!

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
Isn't that like $2000 per pack, 1 card per pack!?!?!?

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoeyUK:
Isn't that like $2000 per pack, 1 card per pack!?!?!?

It's between $100-$120 a box from what I have seen.Still pretty expensive for one card.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The $2000 a pack set is not out yet. With that you are guaranteed a cut or dual cut from a former president of the united states.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was surprised none have busted these boxes. I was very glad to get these when I opened them. 4 of 5 deceased. I'm hooked on this stuff
CESAR ROMERO from 1960s BATMAN TV SERIES (JOKER)

ANN B DAVIS

FELICITY HUFFMAN (Lynette from Desperate Housewives)

Gerald Ford

Fred Rogers as Mr. Roger's Neighborhood

Posts: 18 | Location: Bay Area, Cali | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I like the concept but not the execution. They should have incorporated the cut into a card like Donruss did with Celebrity Cuts. I'm glad you posted pictures as I had no idea this was just slabbed signatures.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I agree, these are more like large documents with a cardboard border around them, I'm not sure I would like them as cards, in the traditional sense.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
those are some pretty cool signatures. thanks for sharing Q24

Posts: 25 | Location: richmond , va | Registered: February 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by batmantdk:
those are some pretty cool signatures. thanks for sharing Q24

I agree! Those are very cool and, again, thanks for showing them off here!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I agree, these are more like large documents with a cardboard border around them, I'm not sure I would like them as cards, in the traditional sense.

These really aren't that much different from any of the other cut autographs that have been created over the years. Cut autographs are essentially as you described, documents (either a sticker or some piece of paper media, slabbed in a card size format.

I think these are very neat. There's a variety of media pieces that these are coming from (checks, photos, cards, ticket stubs, etc...), so most cards will be very unique. I think they look pretty good.

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clearblue:
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

These really aren't that much different from any of the other cut autographs that have been created over the years. Cut autographs are essentially as you described, documents (either a sticker or some piece of paper media, slabbed in a card size format.

I think these are very neat. There's a variety of media pieces that these are coming from (checks, photos, cards, ticket stubs, etc...), so most cards will be very unique. I think they look pretty good.

Most of the cut signature cards I've seen from other companies (Donruss, Rittenhouse) at least have a picture of the signee on the card somewhere. That's what I don't like about these cards, no image of the signer.
Laura

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
I don't think anybody has put out more cut signature cards than Upper Deck and most of theirs do not have pictures on them. Look up 'mystery cut auto*' in the search field of that auction site and you'll see tonnes of cut signature cards selling for several hundred dollars. So I think photoless cut cards are more popular than most people think.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
This thread has gone from "Box Breakdown" to "Product Comment".

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just opened 2 boxes of this and 1 of the National Edition. Here's the break:

Razor Cut Signatures National edition:

Jim Nabors cut auto (actor)

Razor Cut Signatures box 1:

Fred Haise cut auto (Apollo 13 astronaut)

Razor Cut Signatures box 2:

Lady Bird Johnson cut auto (First Lady)

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post