Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Trading Cards (Bulls-i-Toys, 2018)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Trading Cards (Bulls-i-Toys, 2018)
 Login/Join

Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted
OK, I bought a 24 count box of these last week and finally got around to cracking it open earlier today. While the 39 card base set could have benefited from a little more "pizzazz" in the graphic design/photo selection areas, the insert cards are gorgeous!

The 7 card packs contain a mix of base and inserts in every pack, but the collation is simply TERRIBLE! Pack after pack had the same cards; both base cards and inserts. I can't tell you the last time I was so frustrated with opening a box (Topps comes to mind, but I digress)

This could have a been a huge winner with kids: it's based on dinosaurs (as well as a popular movie), it has great artwork, cool inserts such as glow in the dark/heat 'n reveal/lenticular 3-D, a very cheap pack price of $1.99 per pack, a reasonable (and obtainable) number of cards to collect, it's available at the big-box retailers, and each pack contains a mix of base cards and insert cards.

How can a manufacturer screw this up you ask? Well, how about having the first 5 packs that I opened yield the same 3 base and 4 insert cards in each pack; that's how you can screw it up!

Here's my box breakdown:

Film Base Set - missing 5 cards (of 39)
Dino Card Insert Set - missing 3 cards (of 15)
Heat 'N Reveal Insert Set - missing 3 cards (of 9)
Glow in the Dark Insert Set - missing 2 cards (of 9)
3D Action Card Insert Set - missing 3 cards (of 9)

I pulled the expected 1 Costume Card #C7 of 7 (Toby Jones as Gunnar Eversol) odds = 1:24 Packs

The remaining 103 base and insert cards from the box are duplicates; with as many as 10 duplicate cards left over in some cases!

This easily could have been an A+ product, but I can't give it anything higher than a D+ because of the collation problems.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Perhaps they were thinking small and that these would be most likely single pack purchases, so box collation doesn't matter.

I have noticed that when toy companies get into card licenses they almost do it as a sideline, not part of the real business. Think NECA.

They make the effort to put out a decent product, but then don't know or don't care enough about it to sell it to true card collectors. Frown

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Agreed, but I bought a gravity feed box, so some kid (or anyone for that matter) buying individual packs would still, more than likely, have gotten several packs that contained the same 7 cards in each pack. If that doesn't turn someone off from buying individual packs, I don't know what would?

Funny that you mentioned NECA; especially their Hunger Games product as that's exactly what the base cards look like (and remind me of).

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post