Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Captain Scarlet (Unstoppable Cards 2015)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Captain Scarlet (Unstoppable Cards 2015)
 Login/Join

posted
Okay well I've had some rotten breakdowns but this one really takes the biscuit.

To begin with, got two additional boxes with case. Both unnumbered, opened to find five holofoils in each, making a set. But neither box had any other hits, no sketch nor autos whatsoever! Not a good start.

Case topper content as expected three promo sets, print plate front/back of card 37, Gary Files/Magenta case card.

So cut long story short. Holofoils wise, two consecutive boxes makes up a set of ten. So six sets out of case, just like Thunderbirds. There, sadly, is where any similarity stops.

Remember the pre release info said "16 - 18 hits", "4 - 5 sketches", " 12 - 14 autos". So:

Case of boxes 1057 - 1068
1057 Liz Morgan/Destiny Angel
1058 Jeremy Wilkin/Ochre
1059 Jeremy Wilkin/Ochre
1060 Shane Rimmer/Various
1061 Jeremy Wilkin/Black
1062 Sylvia Anderson/co-creator
1063 Shane Rimmer/writer
1064 Shane Rimmer/Various (just been through again and discovered this ox had two additional foils?!?)
1065 Liz Morgan/Destiny
1066 Liz Morgan/Rhapsody
1067 Shane Rimmer/Various and (finally) sketch card Angels in Flight by Adam Cleveland.
1068 Shane Rimmer/Various.

So yeah, you're reading right. ONE single solitary sketch, all boxes bar one with a single hit! Missing a Sylvia auto, but alright a complete set wasn't promised but still. EDIT just realised missing one of the Liz Morgan Angel cards too, Harmony I think!

Bit of a shambles and mightily disappointed. Oh and different number case from my Thunderbirds so that same number promise didn't happen either!?!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Spencer Quist,

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Perhaps Barrie can provide you the 3 missing sketches (and that other Sylvia auto for your trouble would be nice, too).
Hope so....

Posts: 3325 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Oh deep joy! However the box prices where reduced due to reduced hits so it ended up 1 to 2 hits per box. I assume the 2 extra boxes were to cover the original higher price you paid but with no hits they are worthless. The web-site does still say 4-6 Sketches per case. Looks like you were unlucky again

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed, only 1 box came with more than a single hit. The holofoils came out perfectly.

Also of note they've screwed up the setting of the portrait cards. The front and back are printed opposite aspect. Turn over the card and the back is upside down. Stupid amatuer mistake.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Perhaps Barrie can provide you the 3 missing sketches (and that other Sylvia auto for your trouble would be nice, too).
Hope so....

No idea, have been in touch earlier and haven't heard any word back. He's usually quite swift in responding.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Waiting for another breakdown to see if this was an anomaly or the norm.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally had time to open my case. Interesting that my box numbers come just before Spencer's. Received all the case topper cards. Two consecutive boxes made up a Holofoil set (two boxes had an extra Holofoil card).

Case of boxes 1045 - 1056
1045 SR1 Shane Rimmer - writer / Jeff Abar sketch (Captain Blue in space suit)
1046 SR1 Shane Rimmer - writer
1047 EM Elizabeth Morgan - Destiny Angel
1048 EM2 Elizabeth Morgan - Harmony Angel / Clinton Yaeger sketch (Captain Scarlet)
1049 SR2 Shane Rimmer - various
1050 JW Jeremy Wilkin - Captain Ochre
1051 SR2 Shane Rimmer - various / J(Ay) sketch (Captain Black)
1052 SA Sylvia Anderson - Melody Angel
1053 SR1 Shane Rimmer - writer
1054 SA Sylvia Anderson - Melody Angel / Bruce Gerlach sketch
1055 SA2 Sylvia Anderson - Co-Creator
1056 SR1 Shane Rimmer - writer / Tom Savage sketch (Captain Scarlet close-up)

So I ended up with 5 sketch cards.

Looks like I'm short two autograph cards:
EM3 Elizabeth Morgan - Rhapsody Angel
JW2 Jeremy Wilkin - Captain Black

Seeing how these boxes are numbered confirms that my Thunderbird case boxes were unnumbered.

Posts: 10 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to say that got some sketches in mail this morning to cover shortfall along with some additional promos and print plate.
The customer service is great, it's just a shame when things go awry.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
In my fake British accent:

Good show! I'm glad they got that sorted for you.

Posts: 3325 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
A lot of the sketches on ebay are not pretty

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends what style you like, I guess. A lot are very nice while others are very miss. I'm not keen on the caricature style or cartoony ones myself.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Just looking at the sketches being offered you know where, I thought they ran the usual range of quality. I thought some were good, didn't care much for others.

I think Captain Scarlet characters might be a bit harder to draw because, well they are puppets. It's not like doing a flat comic character, but the features are not entirely life like either. So the best sketch is going to look like a bit like a caricature because, well they are puppets. Wink

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post