Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Star Trek TOS Archives and Inscriptions (Rittenhouse Archives, 2020)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/1647083396

July 20, 2020, 02:20 PM
Raven
Star Trek TOS Archives and Inscriptions (Rittenhouse Archives, 2020)
I can only surmise that the person receiving the redemption card isn't in the same location as the fulfilling area. Otherwise it makes no sense why the redemption can't be returned to the sender when RA must be aware by now that card collectors value the redemption card, processed or not.

Only other explanation might be to prove inventory reduction of the laser cut cards. Seems farfetched, but what could RA legitimately do with them besides throw them away?

I liked Inkworks policy. I think they always returned the redemption, or close to it anyway. But you got your cards, so that's the really important part. Smile
July 21, 2020, 03:35 AM
Graham
I've asked people at Rittenhouse about the return of redemption cards in the past and they say they don't do it for "Security purposes".
September 22, 2020, 11:39 AM
xtime
Thought I'd try a box.
24 packs, 5 cards each

1 base set? 1-98, 16 variations? Confused
2 Heroes 101,116
2 City 1 & 38 of 44
Auto Frankman "We musn;t sleep"
Auto silver Celeste Yarnell EL Thumb Up

Overall grade D/D-
Pros: base and auto designs, especially the silver auto on black background.
Cons: This is the most disappointing ST release ever. First, do you really have a complete set if the quotes are not numbered (on right middle front) the same? Technically, which is the true base card, all #1's?
Second, the City & Heroes chase appear to be on auto pilot. Total lack of imagination and they are few and far between.
Third, Only about 6 out of 24 packs contain anything other than base/variations.
This is a perfect example of how to reduce your market share.

Frown Shake Head