Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Galactic Files (Topps, 2012)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galactic Files (Topps, 2012)
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got 1 box today & got 2 sketch cards & a manufactured patch in 1 box! I was very happy. Also got a red varation #'d 01/35 (also 10 blue varations) Here are the sketches, patch & red:

Posts: 8 | Location: Madison, WI | Registered: October 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Noticed at Target today that 9 card retail packs are available in a gravity box.
Picked up 3 packs. Each had 8 base and 1 chase.
Odds are the same as the 16 card jumbo packs. Sketches are available, but NO autos or patch cards.

Bought 1 pack at Target today. Got 1 BF card.

I am not interested in attempting the 350 card base set! What a turn off for the collector who buys at retail. Kids will loose interest fast too.

Base set checklist
http://topps.com/sites/default...s/SWGF_Checklist.pdf

This message has been edited. Last edited by: EriktheArchitect,

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi all- Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating today. Yesterday at the local Wednesday show I went to get some supplies as I've been selling off a large portion of my collection. While I was picking up my toploaders and other packing supplies I noticed that the dealer had 3 boxes of Galactic Files left. He had them marked at $90 apiece and as I didn't want to spend too much money I just grabbed two of them. Along with two red parallels /35 and 21 blue parallels /350 here are the hits:

this one wasn't terrible as I just sold an identical one for $11.50 which isn't bad for a manufactured patch.

a pretty basic sketch of a great character by Gambino- I have to say that both of my sons ages 16 and 13 could sketch a better Jabba than that but at least it wasn't a Howard Shum sketch

and then there were two premium hits first up the "Queen"

outstanding sketch of Queen Amidala by Lee Kohse

and finally there was a "Princess"

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin- I've always wanted a Carrie Fisher auto- not sure whether I will keep this particular one of sell it to buy one of her other ones but in any case I was thrilled with the boxes.

thanks for the read,

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Let me know if you want to let go of the Kohse sketch... Wink

Thanks,
Dave

Posts: 8 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I'd already purchase a case of these, but I did so well in moving the cards I wasn't collecting that I was able to go in for another case. I'm still working on the Blue Parallel set and hoping for a nice autograph, Han Solo or Kershner mainly, but Luke or Leia would've been nice, too, so I was delighted to find the Carrie Fisher, what a lovely card of the latest Disney Princess and I'm glad to have it.

Here's the sketches:

Asajj Ventress by Pablo Diaz

Aayla Secura by Jamie Snell

Darth Maul by Joe Hogan

Han Solo by Kate Glasheen

? by Todd Smith

IG-88 by John Ottinger

Darths Sidious and Maul by Clay Rodery

Grand Moff Tarkin by David Rabbitte

Ewok by Brent Engstrom

Ponda Baba (Walrus Man) by Dan Curto

Han and Luke by Howard Shum

Cantina Band Member (Figran D'an?) by Kimberly Dunaway

No Gold card this time (understandable, since those are found only one per three cases or so and I got one last time), but I got 6 nice patches including the rare Wedge Antilles X-Wing patch, and another nearly 120 blue cards to add to the ones from before, and I now have 11 different autographs since there were no dupes between the cases, glad to say. There were also 12 of the Red Foil cards and a set of the 3 Variant cards.

Good stuff, but pretty pricey, so I might call it quits here, but I do want to finish that Blue foil set, so maybe a few more boxes before they're gone. These cards are a lot of fun to open, that's for sure.

Posts: 3324 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 more boxes yielded these:

nice Vader by Ashleigh Popplewell

Darth Malak by Lord Mesa

Jake Lloyd auto

this is most likely it for me as they've dried up locally.

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I know where there's loads at £110 a box!

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Any USAers have extra base singles to trade?
Three cards shy of a set...257,301,317...help!
Need more for another set. Check out post on trading thread.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Got 2 boxes for Christmas.

Autographs: Jeremy Bulloch, Ray Park
Sketches: Angelina Benedetti, Bob Stevlic

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post