Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Galactic Files (Topps, 2012)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galactic Files (Topps, 2012)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted
Please share your breaks here. I am waiting to purchase some and share until I truely see whats in them. ThanksSmile

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
Doh! Fake out! I thought you broke some Flag City. I will post my case results for sure when my case arrives hopefully this week.

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
First sketch and auto have hit ebay...I can't wait to get my case (hopefully ON Wednesday).

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Opened 2 boxes so far.here is the breakdown for the 2 boxes
Blue Parallels qty 18 no dups
Red Parallels; 1(seeded 1:25)
Classic Moments Foils;qty 8(seeded 1:6)no dups/set of 20
Duels of Fat;8(seeded 1:6)no dups/set of 10
Classic Lines;12(seeded 1:4) 2 dups/1 set
Bad Feeling;12(seeded 1:4) 6 dups/no sets/missing 2 numbers to complete 2 sets
Sketches by Jerome Scott(colour) and Ken Knudtsen(black & white)Jerome Scott Ken Knudsten
Autographs; Richard LeParmentier and Felix Silla

No base set out of 2 boxes.Missing numbers

This message has been edited. Last edited by: silmapco,

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DewMan:
Doh! Fake out! I thought you broke some Flag City. I will post my case results for sure when my case arrives hopefully this week.

lol, sorry for the fake out. I usually try to bust first but anymore I try to see true value before I buy heavy. Thanks for sharing so farSmile

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
2 case break

12 autographs

12 patch cards

23 sketch cards

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tom, thanks for the info!

Can you share pics? I would love to see the varity and patch cards.

posted Hide Post
^ me too.

Starting to see stuff trickle on to ebay.com, but would be good to see a big break for the variety. 23 sketch cards is slightly disappointing. I thought we might get slightly over the odds, not under. Also a little concerned that if there are only 17 signers across a lot of boxes/cases, then there will be some big volumes of certain signers.
On the plus side, I really like the look of the base cards, and it's great that the parallels are numbered.

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
18 blue parallels in two boxes, so 9 per box.
Based on the pull above. My calc is as follows: -

There are 350 x 350 = 122,500 blue parallels in 13,611 boxes or 1134 cases. In the case of red cards should be seeded 10 - 11 to a case or 0-1 per box.

Thats my math done!

But of course I could be wrong - there could be retail boxes with different seedings.

Big Grin

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ yes, that sounds about right. I actually thought there would be less cases, probably circa 500-750, so slightly surprised at the higher number, but I guess they must have had the pre-orders?

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Pictures please...

What are your thoughts on the base set?

Quality of the sketches. And so on and so on...

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazing, as soon as I made the request for the pictures up they come. Sorry, took a long time loading!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ this is great info. thanks @Breygent. Can you post the auto's and sketches too?
What is your honest opinion of the set/breaks? Were you happy with the overall quality of the cases?
Any gold parallels?

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
THANKS SO MUCH for sharing tom!

I actually like the patches. I wonder how many different ones there are and if there are variations.

posted Hide Post
I like the fact the Chewie & Boba auto are both Empire.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the patch cards. Interesting idea for an insert but not a "hit" card in my book. I hope there aren't a ton in the set. I like the autos though. Nice hits on those 3. I hope the other 9 weren't all ****.

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I have a patch numbered to 30

so do the math 6 per case and 5 cases

to make a set with a perfect break

posted Hide Post
Perhaps Topps took a cue from Upper Deck and tiered the patches...i.e. make some more difficult and short printed. UD's Animal Kingdom patches are GOLD with Ultra Rare ones bringing $700 dollars and more ...SERIOUSLY.

Posts: 21 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post