Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Disney Treasures (Upper Deck)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney Treasures (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Went to K-Mart, found 5 of the Bobble Boxes (4 packs each) and got:

PH1 - Snow White ( I needed that one)
2 Snow White Cards - one I needed Smile

2 Filmography cards I needed (got the correct number for packs purchased)

Overall a nice shopping spree -plus, Alexander now has the complete Bobble collection

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouseketeer:

I checked mine and there were no marks. Hopefully it's not too noticable.

Even though it's noticeable (only small though), it luckily doesn't spoil the card

RupT

Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth.

Please remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me, TA Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of gabfan
posted Hide Post
I bought the last one at my wal-mart today. First Disney tresures ive seen around here series 1 or 2.

Scrooge Mcduck

Reel Piece-PH19

Pinocchio-PO6

Filmography-DD45,DD38,DD4,

My site is up finally!!!!
Darkslayer's Trading Page

Posts: 1241 | Location: USA | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Bought a cheap box the other day as I don't normally buy Disney cards.

2 Cinderella cards.

Real piece of history card (2 pieces of film), Tigger in the snow.

A pack is good, but a box is better!

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Opened two boxes...

Box 1
24 packs 5 cards each C
box design B-
wrapper design B-
incomplete base set 46/89 D-
base set design B+
PH 4,6 1:24 A Big Grin
Snow White 3,7,10 1:12 B Big Grin
Walt Disney 1,4,4,5,6,6,8,8,9,9 c-
MM1,4,6,11,13,14,18,20,22,24,25,27,29,30,34,35,37,38,41,44,45 9:10 B
Overall C/C+

Box 2
24 packs 5 cards each C
box design B-
wrapper design B-
near set 84/89 C
base set design B+
PH 8 A
MM43,42,41,35,22,26,44,40,43,42,13,25,21,5,36,31,15,23,7,32,19,29 B-(duplicates)
WD 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 complete set B+
SW 2,8 B
Overall B-/B

Combined Overall C+/B-
Like the piece of history inserts. Good thing I bought these cheap.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Disney Treasures 2
1 box
24 packs 5 cards each C
box design B-
wrapper design B-
Near complete base set(miss 91,113,141,154) C
(not one duplicate common) C+
base set design B+
1 2-piece filmcard A
Pinnochio 4,8 B-
Lion King 9/10 C, for design B+
22 Donald Duck filmography B

Overall B-/C+
Pretty much a repeat.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
5 boxes Disney 2
4 packs each with 1 figurine
Out of 20 packs pulled two Piece of History cards
2 frame Sleeping Beauty
4 frame Little Mermaid Thumb Up

Big Grin Happy BE ME !!!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of dlpn1fan
posted Hide Post
Bought 4-boxes the other day. No sketch or auto Frown

Reel Cards:
PH4-Fun & Fancy Free (Harp Clips)
PH2-Fantasia (Gator Clip)
PH10-The Lion King (Pumba Clip)
PH8-Winnie the Pooh & Tigger Too (Tigger Clip)

Posts: 751 | Location: Pomona CA | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aliasboy
posted Hide Post
1 box

0 base set
2 Snow white card (SW4 & SW9)
10 Walt Disney card
22 Filmography cards
1 reel piece of history card (PH4 Fun and fancy free)

Posts: 15 | Location: france | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gimli:
what makes me even more annoyed about this, is that it is possible someone has found this or will find this Eg a child in a pack their parent bought them to keep them quiet and they don't know what they have got and it will be lost forever

that would be HORRIBLE !!!
my worse fear is a child purchasing a packet. Finding the 1/1 Cut signature...then FOLDING it and putting in their pocket.
Frown

Posts: 260 | Location: Downunder | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Really? Your worst fear (not you specifically, but the more general "you") is that some child will buy cards and find something extraordinary and then mess it up so you can't buy it at some random point in the future?

Really? I personally don't think it would be all that horrible. My son had a Harry Potter coin card that he carried around with him for ages - wore down the cardboard on all edges - made it totally not sellable - and it was cool that he liked trading cards and wanted to show it off.

Really? Gimli wrote that he was annoyed parents would buy them cards to "keep them quiet" - oh my GAWD - wouldn't that be great?!?!?! - we'd get a whole new generation of collectors AND cut down on child obesity cause right now parents are buying the kids candy to shut them up - not trading cards.

BUT ANYWAY - kids collecting cards should never cause panic amongst the adults. Ever.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I agree. If we just got back to collecting cards for enjoyment and focused less on value and condition we would all be better off. It's supposed to be fun. Nothing wrong with a child getting any card, if it's belongs to them, they can enjoy it anyway they want, even folded! Wink

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I agree. If we just got back to collecting cards for enjoyment and focused less on value and condition we would all be better off. It's supposed to be fun. Nothing wrong with a child getting any card, if it's belongs to them, they can enjoy it anyway they want, even folded! Wink

Thumb Up

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Back in the day when the Disney Treasures were just out, a lot of us were afraid a little kid would get the 1/1 auto - now, years later, I think we'd all like to know if anybody got it - it may have been a kid. But even if it was, most kids would see this card was different and maybe show it to an older sibling or parent.

I think at this time, we can only hope that if this card ever was found, it has a good home. I know I didn't get it, or any of the sketches either.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine how many hundreds of pack I bought of this product over the years. Never found a sketch or patch card in any of the Treasures sets. I sure wish someone would pick up the license again. Frown

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post