Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Disney Treasures (Upper Deck)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney Treasures (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted
After the extrordinary price the last DT Jack Skellinton sketch card went for, I decided to try my luck with some boxes myself.

Incidently, It may (or may not be a good omen), These boxes actually arrived yesterday (Nov 18th) which I now understand to have been Micky Mouses Birthday. I couldn't sleep knowing these boxes were here so I'm crackin' these puppies open in the middle of the night.

So here goes:
Box One
10 Walt Disney cards
3 Micky Mouse cards (#13, 20, & 43)
1 Snow White card (SW10)
0 Reel Piece of History cards Frown
0 Sketch cards Frown Frown
0 Walt Disney Signature cards Frown Frown Frown

A VERY dissapointing box. It can only get better after that

Box Two
10 Walt Disney cards
22 Micky Mouse cards (what a difference to the 1st box!)
2 Snow White cards (SW7 & SW10)
1 Reel Piece of History card (PH9 Beauty & The Beast)

Still looking for the magic cards that will get me a mention in the next NSU edition.

Box Three
10 Walt Disney cards
21 Micky Mouse cards
3 Snow White cards (SW2, SW6 & SW8)
1 Reel Piece of History card (PH5 Allice in Wonderland)

Oh well no Ultra-rare sketches or 1/1 sigs

If only I knew just how many sketch cards have been found along with the number of unopened boxes are left. I could work out the odds and decide if it is worth continuing to search.

It's like trying to find the Wonka Golden Ticket!

Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drastic123
posted Hide Post
Just a thought, but is it possible that Upper Deck have included some of the rare cards - including the Walt Disney 1/1 - in the Mickey MOuse bobbing head packs. Maybe they reasoned that many of these would remain sealed as a box? If so the odds would change considerably.

Posts: 233 | Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Filmography- too many to count, but I did get the last one *I* needed!
Snow White - 3
Film Cell - 101 Dalmatians Frown

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Boldlygone, box #1 was horrible - the worst I've ever seen! Eek

I managed to refrain from purchasing another box in Secaucus. I find it much easier to simply bang my head against the wall without spending the money.

"If you can't say nothing nice, don't say nothing at all." ~ Thumper in Bambi

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
I had such I disappointing 6 boxes that I refused to post them because I'd have to see in type just how bad I did. Out of 6 boxes I got 4 Pieces of Reel History, 7 Snow White Cards, 3/4 of the Mickey Mouse Movies, 4 complete sets and No Sketches...I was hoping for 3 of the 1/1 Cut Signatures!

"Aluminum Boy"
Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drastic123
posted Hide Post
Opened my first six boxes of cards this morning - Disney Treasures. Hoping for the big ones, but in the end I am kind of happy with the outcome. Here's the breakdown:

BOX 1
1 Reel Piece of History cards (PH7)
2 Snow White cards (SW4 & SW9)
0 Sketch cards
0 Walt Disney Signature card

BOX 2
1 Reel Piece of History cards (PH9)
2 Snow White cards (SW2 & SW8)
0 Sketch cards

BOX 3
2 Reel Piece of History cards (PH5 & PH9)
3 Snow White cards (SW6, SW9 & SW10)
0 Sketch cards

WOW, very happy. One pack had a Snow White Card AND a Reel Piece of History card in it!! Smile

BOX 4
1 Reel Piece of History cards (PH2)
3 Snow White cards (SW1, SW4 & SW6)
0 Sketch cards

BOX 5
1 Reel Piece of History cards (PH2)
2 Snow White cards (SW3 & SW5)
0 Sketch cards

AGAIN! Another pack had a Snow White Card AND a Reel Piece of History card in it!! Smile Smile

BOX 6
1 Reel Piece of History cards (PH7)
3 Snow White cards (SW3, SW5 & SW7)
0 Sketch cards

Six box summary:
7 Reel Piece of History cards
15 Snow White cards
0 Sketch cards

Overall, pretty happy. Bit disappointed, about not getting a Sketch Card or a Walt Disney 1/1 Signature card - especially because the trader I purchased the boxes from ASSURED me that they would contain some?!? Wink Ah well, maybe they will in the next five that are coming? We can dream. Angel

Posts: 233 | Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, UK | Registered: November 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drastic123
posted Hide Post
I'm slowly working my way through the other cards for the six boxes. Very disappointed about filmography cards though - ONLY ONE COMPLETE SET??? Next set is missing 3 cards and the next set after that is missing 15 cards Confused. 5 Sets of Retrospective cards and a few odds. Oh well, back to sorting the common cards... Bouncey

Picture of drastic123
posted Hide Post
4 complete Common sets and 1 more with 4 cards short plus some odds of course - from six boxes. *** That's it finished *** Not a bad days work - very enjoyable really!!! Thumb Up

Picture of drastic123
posted Hide Post
And so for my last five boxes of Disney Treasures. I hoped AGAIN for the big ones, but alas, nowt. Here's the breakdown:

BOX 1
1 Reel Piece of History cards (PH10)
2 Snow White cards (SW4 & SW9)
0 Sketch cards

BOX 2
1 Reel Piece of History cards (PH6)
2 Snow White cards (SW3 & SW5)
0 Sketch cards

BOX 3
2 Reel Piece of History cards (PH6)
3 Snow White cards (SW1, SW4 & SW6 Luv You)
0 Sketch cards

BOX 4
1 Reel Piece of History cards (PH6 Again!!! That's three. Frown)
3 Snow White cards (SW5, SW7 & SW10 Luv You)
0 Sketch cards

BOX 5
1 Reel Piece of History cards (PH4)
2 Snow White cards (SW9 & SW10)
0 Sketch cards

Five box summary:
5 Reel Piece of History cards
12 Snow White cards
0 Sketch cards

Dream over Shake Head

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
I managed to get 2 Film cards in my box (Snow White and Alice in Wonderland)
Got 3 snow white cards as well, guess i was quite lucky with that box.

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I am going to have one more try to get the Walt card or a sketch.

My last box breakdown:

5 cards short of a base set with one duplicate card
1 full set of 10 walt disney cards
22 Micky Mouse cards
2 Snow White cards
1 Reel piece of history card (PH2 fantasia)
0 Sketch cards
0 Walt Disnet cut sig card

And so endeth the dream

Perhaps I will have more luck with the Disney Treasures 2 set although a Carl Barks Signature doesn't have quite the same ring to it as walt Disney

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
just purchased a very reasonably priced 12 box case, will post a breakdown when it arrives.

David

Posts: 357 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I hope you are able to put us all out of our mysery and pull the Walt Disney Sig

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
I wonder if anyone has pulled it yet? there is no real way we could know

Currently making a Wants/Haves list!

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
what makes me even more annoyed about this, is that it is possible someone has found this or will find this Eg a child in a pack their parent bought them to keep them quiet and they don't know what they have got and it will be lost forever

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
That would be horrible. I hope the parent would recognize a 1/1 card when they see one.

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
I opened 5 boxes
and got

4 base sets
4 Walt Disney retro sets
1 card short of a snow white set (no.8) and two spare sw1 sw4
1 full set of filmography cards and two short of a second (no. 31 & 5)
5 Reel cards ( 2, 3, 5, 7 & 9)

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box yesterday. Here's how I went:

1 Reel Piece of History (PH6)
2 Snow White (SW9 & SW10)
22 Filmography
0 Sketch Frown
0 Cut Signature Frown

Great set!

Posts: 31 | Location: Australia | Registered: May 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
Picked up a cheapish box after the excitement of Disney Treasures 2 and thought id try my luck.... heres what i got

85 base cards (11 dupes Frown)
10 Walt Disnet Retro's (2 dupes, both WD7)
22 Mickey Filmography
2 Snow White (SW3 Elephant - need that to finish SW set, and SW5)
1 RPOH (PH8 - Winnie the Pooh) - however looks like a small semi-circle green felt mark and red biro mark of the same on the back of the card.... anyone else get anything like this on their RPOH's?)
0 Sketch
0 Cut Signature

Not a bad box i suppose.....

RupT

Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth.

Please remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me, TA Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RupT:
1 RPOH (PH8 - Winnie the Pooh) - however looks like a small semi-circle green felt mark and red biro mark of the same on the back of the card.... anyone else get anything like this on their RPOH's?)

I checked mine and there were no marks. Hopefully it's not too noticable.

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." ~ Walt Disney

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post