Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Fantastic Four Movie Trading Cards 2005 (Upper Deck)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fantastic Four Movie Trading Cards 2005 (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lara7320:
just opened a second box today. Looks like one base set, but I pulled a Doom Cloak DD003 0080/4999. Can someone enlighten me on the significance of low numbers? I was bummed that I only got one costume out of this box, but I'm thinking it's because my costume card had a low number. It could just be random chance, however.

I don't believe there is any particular significance. Some people like 0001 but I am afraid 0080 has no added value Frown Shake Head

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
ok, well that's good to know. My happy thought is that I hadn't pulled that particular card before, so at least I don't have a duplicate!

Posts: 941 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
opened 2 boxes today.
I got them off ebay for myself.
Box 1 yeild
FF001 Human Torch flight suit 556/969
DD004 Dr. Doom Julian Mcahon Cloak 366/499

Box 2 Yeild
DD003 Dr. Doom Cloak 3953/4999 Green Variant
FF006 Invisible Woman Jessica Alba Flight Suit
255/299 Drool Clap

Needless to say I was VERY pleased.
Because I have 3 other costume cards and 2 are different and my other doom's cloak is gold!
Only need a Thing to have 1 from every member of the F4 and I think I am going to get the last doom costume to finish off the doom set!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
very good barobehere.me is jealous Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
very good barobehere.me is jealous Big Grin

Ditto...on both counts! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lara7320:
ok, well that's good to know. My happy thought is that I hadn't pulled that particular card before, so at least I don't have a duplicate!

Hey... it's not so bad since lots of people like those low numbered cards! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
NICE PULLS!!! Wish I had had the same luck, but then again, you have been the lucky one of lateBig Grin

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I agree, nice pulls. I actually really like this set, but I wish they'd have gone deeper with the chase cards. A foil set of the 5 would have been really cool. The way they've done promo cards for this set has been very nice.

Posts: 941 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Got 2 boxes
Costume cards
FF007 The Thing Flight Suit pants 109/399 (blue)
DD001 Victor Von Doom Shirt 1482/1899 (black)
DD002 Victor Von Doom Suit 357/999 (black)
DD003 Dr. Doom Cloak 2578/4999 (black)

I reckon Jeff Allender's listing for the Doom cards might be a bit off. His listing mentions only orange swatches for DD001 & DD002. Also for FF007, it doesn't mention a blue swatch.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Raj, if you find variations, just email Jeff and tell him what you found. This particular set I think will be a bane for collectors with the way they set up the costume cards anyway. Just let him know what you've got, and he'll change his list.

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:

I reckon Jeff Allender's listing for the Doom cards might be a bit off. His listing mentions only orange swatches for DD001 & DD002. Also for FF007, it doesn't mention a blue swatch.

Raj, the Blue & Orange is for the color of the card not the swatch.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:

Raj, the Blue & Orange is for the color of the card not the swatch.

That would explain it. In which case all my cards are orange.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
nice pulls you got there Raj Thumb Up

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
One more box.

1 base set + extra singles.

DD003 Dr. Doom Cloak 1532/4999 (orange card/reddish swatch)
FF003 Mr. Fantastic Flight suit 930/969 (orange card/blue swatch)

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box off eBay cheap, because I sold all of mine before I got a chance to open any...

First off, this is the WORST set for sorting I've ever dealt with. The font is thin, and on the orange background the numbers blur. A real pain to sort out into a set.

1 base set plus extras

DD003 #1994/4999
ff005 #127/349 Elephant

I guess I had good luck since this wasn't a Topps product. Never dreamed I'd pull the Invisible Woman flight suit. I was just going to be happy if my box yielded 2 costume cards!

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Good for you Ed on getting the Alba costume Thumb Up

This set was the most difficult in collating for me Frown

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
1 more box
FF004 Mr. Fantastic Flight suit 126/499
DD003 Dr. Doom cloak 340/4999

posted Hide Post
Great pull Raj!!! Smile

By the way I just bought three boxes too!!!

Here are the chase cards I received:

DD001 (black material)
DD002 (black material)
DD003 (black material)
DD004 (red material)
FF004 (dark blue/black material)
FF007 (dar blue/black ribbed cloth material)

Posts: 291 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: November 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just to add more precision about my chase cards...:

DD001-Victor Von Doom/Shirt 1451/1899
DD002-Victor Von Doom/Suit 022/999
DD003-Doctor Doom/Cloak 0451/4999
DD004-Doctor Doom/Cloak 180/499

FF004-Mr. Fantastic/Flight Suit 213/499
FF007-The Thing/Flight Suit Pants 361/399

Posts: 291 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: November 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 2 boxes. Big Grin Big Grin