Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Fantastic Four Movie Trading Cards 2005 (Upper Deck)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fantastic Four Movie Trading Cards 2005 (Upper Deck)
 Login/Join

Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted
Just got a box to try it out.

1 Set plus extras
Doom Shirt 0574/1899
Doom Cloak 1536/4999

Got lucky with the two costume cards. Kinda disappointed that there were now other levels of chase. Would really make the set a little better. But hey, it's Upper Deck.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also busted one box and got

1 Set with extras
Dr Doom Shirt w/ pattern /1899
Dr Doom Suit /999

Posts: 151 | Location: Sacramento | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
For an UpperDeck movie-related box to have 2 costume cards, I would say its not bad already.

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Considering there's at least ten different costumes cards, not including variations, I'll be happy to get two per box. Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
Considering there's at least ten different costumes cards, not including variations, I'll be happy to get two per box. Thumb Up

I know, I'm excited about that too. I haven't collated to see if I got a full base set, but I pulled FF002 (Human torch flight suit), and DD002 (Dr. Doom suit). Plus, I found this to be an incredible value. Where I'm paying about 75.00 per box (tax and shipping included) for other sets, I paid only 53.oo (tax and shipping included) for this box. This was a great value! Clap

these cards look really sweet, and I totally can't wait for the movie now. My son told me, when he saw the preview, "mom, we are totally going to see that movie"! You know, ya gotta make your kids happy... Surf

Posts: 941 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lara7320:
I know, I'm excited about that too. I haven't collated to see if I got a full base set, but I pulled FF002 (Human torch flight suit), and DD002 (Dr. Doom suit). Plus, I found this to be an incredible value. Where I'm paying about 75.00 per box (tax and shipping included) for other sets, I paid only 53.oo (tax and shipping included) for this box. This was a great value! Clap

these cards look really sweet, and I totally can't wait for the movie now. My son told me, when he saw the preview, "mom, we are totally going to see that movie"! You know, ya gotta make your kids happy... Surf

Thumb Up Congratulations on the Human Torch costume Lara... Did you get the blue or orange version?

And I agree on the price. Very nice indeed!
I need to go put in an order for a box myself. Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got blue. Has anyone seen a checklist on all the costume cards yet?

Posts: 941 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got blue. Has anyone seen a checklist on all the costume cards yet?

Shake Head I can only guess from what's on ebay. So I'm guessing the checklist card, if there is one, doesn't mention it either?

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just did a quickscan over all my cards, and I didn't see a checklist. I'm assuming my box isn't a full set? Did anyone else get a checklist, and does it mention the costume cards?

Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just did a quickscan over all my cards, and I didn't see a checklist. I'm assuming my box isn't a full set? Did anyone else get a checklist, and does it mention the costume cards?

I collated my cards and got one set but there wasn't a checklist. It was 1 to 100 that was it.

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dragoncrypt:
quote:

I collated my cards and got one set but there wasn't a checklist. It was 1 to 100 that was it.

I hate it when a set ends in a number which leaves an entire page empty except for one slot. Why couldn't they have made 108?! Razz

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:

I hate it when a set ends in a number which leaves an entire page empty except for one slot. Why couldn't they have made 108?! Razz

or 99 Smile

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
no kidding, and having a set without a checklist just makes me feel so...incomplete. At least the title card is cool.

This may seem weird, but when I was a kid, I didn't care much about which card I pulled, as long as I pulled the title card. Usually the title card was the neatest card out of the whole set. Nowadays, I like getting chase cards, but I always smile when I see the title card for a set! Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dragoncrypt, you might want to revise the thread title to say "Upper Deck 2005" in it so that the moderators know to move the thread to the front page!

Here's the electronic checklist

First, it looks like just about all of the boxes have two costume cards. They must have cut back on the print run. I was feeling quite pleased after getting two low-number costumes in my first box, and when I found a 4999 Doom in the second box, I told myself I was still doing quite well - if only I had found an Alba! So sure enough, one showed up. Elephant

Box 0387
DD004 - Dr. Doom Julian McMahon Cloak 353/499 blue
FF008 - The Thing Michael Chiklis Flight Suit Pants 191/299 blue
Base Cards: 176, expect 1.76 sets on average
1 complete set: 1(28) 2(68) 3(4)

Box 0392
DD003 - Dr. Doom Cloak 2842/4999 orange (gold swatch)
FF005 - Invisible Woman Flight Suit 014/349 orange
Base Cards: 176, expect 1.76 sets on average
1 complete set: 1(28) 2(68) 3(4)

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
thank you for the electronic page, Jeff. So, there are twelve costume cards to collect. With the price of these boxes, it actually makes chasing these costumes worth it!

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Jeff, you have both Victor Dooms listed as orange.
Is that right?

quote:

DD001 Victor Von Doom - Julian McMahon Shirt (1899, orange)

DD002 Victor Von Doom - Julian McMahon Suit (999, orange)

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
thank you for the electronic page, Jeff. So, there are twelve costume cards to collect. With the price of these boxes, it actually makes chasing these costumes worth it!

No kidding! It's starting to look like picking up a box or two on speculation is a good thing. Big Grin

I've seen black, red, and gold swatches for the 4999 Doom card, so that makes for some variant interest too.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:

I've seen black, red, and gold swatches for the 4999 Doom card, so that makes for some variant interest too.

I haven't seen a gold yet, but I think I did see two different material blacks. At least that's what they listed them as.

I'm debatting whether to keep buying boxes till I get one of the Invisible Woman cards or just biting the bullet and getting her on ebay.

Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
Dragoncrypt, you might want to revise the thread title to say "Upper Deck 2005" in it so that the moderators know to move the thread to the front page!

Thanks! I've updated the topic header.

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Ok, got back from Wizard World Philly where we purchases 6 boxes (1/2 case) of the new Fantastic Four cards. Each box contained two costume cards and here are our breakdowns.

DD003 x5 (3187, 3748, 4152, 4792, 2307/4999)
DD001 x3 (0301, 0302, 1899/1899)
DD002 x1 (468/999)
FF002 x1 (263/499)
FF003 x1 (792/969)
FF009 x1 (488/699)

Cool things to note. As you can see in the scan of the costume cards, we found three different variations in the Dr. Doom Cloak. The card number on our Dr. Doom Shirt was 1899/1899, the last card in the series.

Odd thing to note is card #11. The image on the front is out of sequence with the film. It shows our heroes in costume with powers before they even fly into space. Cards #10 and #12 depict them getting together and preparing for the mission. The back of Card #11 has the correct copy and a different and correct photo.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Over_Worked_Mom,

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post