Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Transformers (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transformers (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted
HI ALL,I'M NEW TO THESE DISCUSSIONS,BUT I'VE BEEN A SUBSCRIBER TO THE MAGAZINE FOR A FEW YEARS.I JUST GOT MY 1 BOX FROM A SELLER ON EBAY-MY BREAKDOWN IS:
2 MEMORABILIA CARDS:PANTS+JACKET.
3 EMBOSSED FOIL CARDS:FRENZY,BLACKOUT+STAR SCREAM.
5 FOIL CARDS:BUMBLEBEE,OPTIMUS PRIME,JAZZ+MEGATRON.
NOT TOO BAD. Thumb Up
I WAS HOPING FOR A SKETCH CARD NOT TO MENTION THE 1 AUTO(TOPPS SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN MORE OF THEM TO SIGN) Frown
I USUALLY DON'T BUY BOXES BECAUSE I USUALLY DON'T GET WHAT I WANT!
I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE ONE HECK OF A SET.OH WELL!
I DID BUY A BOX OF STAR WARS I KNOW I CAN'T BE DISAPPOINTED WITH THAT!THEY SEEM TO BE GETTING GREAT INSERTS! Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
wellcome to the nsu board and congrats on 2 pieceworks in one box

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Card Talk! Wave

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
welcome aboard.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Just got a box.....Breakdown as follows:

Embossed-1,2,6 and 9
Foils-3,5,7 and 10

and a sketch by Guido Guidi of one of the Transformers.

I aint yet familiar with them and don't wanna read the cards before I see the movie. Therefore, I dunno which one it is. But he looks plenty mean and pointy faced

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Box 1: Memorabilia [Jacket] / Embossed Foil 3,5,8,10 / Foil 1,4,8,9 / 1 Set
Box 2: Sketch [Nick Roche] / Embossed Foil 2,6,7,9 / Foil 3,5,7,10 / 1 Set
Box 3: Memorabilia [Pants] / Embossed Foil 3,5,8,10 / Foil 1,4,8,9 / 1 Set
Box 4: Autograph / Embossed Foil 1,4,6,9 / Foil 2,6,7,10 / 1 Set
Box 5: Memorabilia [Pants] / Embossed Foil 2,5,7,8 / Foil 1,3,5,9 / 1 Set
Box 6: Memorabilia [Jacket] / Embossed Foil 1,3,4,10 / Foil 2,4,6,8 / 1 Set
Box 7: Sketch [Guido Guidi] / Embossed Foil 1,3,4,10 / Foil 2,4,6,8 / 1 Set
Box 8: Memorabilia [Pants] / Embossed Foil 2,6,7,9 / Foil 3,5,7,10 / 1 Set

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice looking cards Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
that's a nice collection you have there.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
Bought 4 boxes:

Box #1
Foil: 3, 5, 7, 10
Embossed Foil: 1, 2, 6, 9
Special:
Sketch Card (Robbie Musso)

Box #2
Foil: 2, 6, 8, 10
Embossed Foil: 1, 4, 6, 9
Special:
Memorabilia (Soccent Soldiers Jacket)

Box #3
Foil: 1, 4, 9, 10
Embossed Foil: 3, 5, 7, 8
Special:
Memorabilia (Soccent Soldiers Pants)

Box #4
Foil: 1, 3, 5, 7
Embossed Foil: 2, 5, 7, 8
Special:
Sketch Card (Rob Ruffolo)

This was an okay set especially for it's price point. However, Topps could have made a sleeper hit if they had 3-4 more autographs (considering the cast) and a few more memorabilia. Even Autobot/Decepticon patches would have been pretty kewl.

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
geez... I was hoping that this thread would make it easier for me to decide if I should buy a box or not.

There's some great pulls but I don't want to have to buy up to three boxes especially with the new Buffy coming out.

Back on point: Seriously, you all do have some pretty good looking cards.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
2 Boxes -> 2 Sketches (Musso & someone else - Maere maybe?)

I liked the sketches, they are decent enough, although neither are the super detailed ones that I've seen posted (actually.. I haven't seen any of the really detailed, 'cleaned up' sketches on ebay)...

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I wish I could have that sketch from Musso:

But instead I got this one:

This one is from Tom Hodges and I think it not too bad consider the price and the ones shows so far... ;-)

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
Out of 3 boxes, I got two costume cards and one sketch card. It's also a Tom Hodges sketch; this time of Ironhide.

I ordered three more boxes and I received them today. I ended up getting 2 more lousy costume cards, but one kickass Musso sketch of Megatron.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: clearblue,

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
quote:

But instead I got this one:

This one is from Tom Hodges and I think it not too bad consider the price and the ones shows so far... ;-)

HEY - I was the next high bidder.
I knew I should have thrown the TRUMP card -

Today I bought 8 packs & got nothing - but liked the break. Sketches seem rare & I like it -

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
And I got it for a cheap price - $17.00 USD not bad for a sketch from Tom Hodges!

make-mine-marvel I wish you better luck next time ;-)

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clearblue:
Out of 3 boxes, I got two costume cards and one sketch card. It's also a Tom Hodges sketch; this time of Ironhide.

I ordered three more boxes and I received them today. I ended up getting 2 more lousy costume cards, but one kickass Musso sketch of Megatron.

that's a great sketch

A belgian hiphop group

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Picked up a mini RETAIL box...

6 packs
1 foil
1 embossed

Retail offers exclusive motion cards. Maybe pull one in the next box?

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Racer Xavier
posted Hide Post
I got the retail mini box...

Got:
1 Foil
1 Embossed
1 Flix-Pix

Posts: 42 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Racer Xavier
posted Hide Post
Got another Mini Box today...

GOT THE SAME FLIX PIX CARD... Opened first pack and it was right there didn't even look through the deck...GEES anyone need #4of5?

1 Foil
1 Emboss
1 ANOTHER FLIX PIX

BTW I work in the printing industry and I must say that the quality of the Plix Pix cards SUX... Horrible... If my work was to put this out I'm sure it would get rejected!!! Should I contact Topps?

Posts: 42 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
am i the only one who cant find any information about transformers on the Topps site? Its all hollywood zombies at the moment.

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post