Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Transformers (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transformers (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
Why???!!! Big Grin
I had to say it.

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ConfusedBoy
posted Hide Post
My dealer is waiting for these to be 'dumped' Eek before they're on his stand Smile

RIP Robert Jordan (Oct 17, 1948 - Sep 16, 2007)

Posts: 226 | Location: UK | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
No surprise there!

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
This list of artists and the number of cards they did for the set was posted by marleyeds on the Scoundrel site.

James Bukauskas: 150
Josh Burcham: 300
Guido Guidi: 300
Pablo Hidalgo: 100
Tom Hodges: 500
Marcel Matere: 250
Alex Milne: 300
Robby Musso: 300
James Orfalo: 100
Juan Carlo Ramos: 150
Nick Roche: 300
Rob Ruffolo: 133

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
I've just finished opening my box:

1 auto: Megan Fox Metal
4 Foils
4 Embossed foils
1 base set

All in all very pleased with it - i am toying with the idea of another box as i would like a sketch and maybe finish one of the foils sets.
Only downside is that some of the base sets are dark and/or blurry, but thats about it.

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My card shop had last two boxes of Transformer, bought both boxes; open them from first box nothing at all only basic cards, from second box pull a:
Megan Fox autograph Clap Metal

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tlca:
My card shop had last two boxes of Transformer, bought both boxes; open them from first box nothing at all only basic cards, from second box pull a:
Megan Fox autograph Clap Metal

Congrats on the awesome pull! Thumb Up

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Darth Smittyous
posted Hide Post
Yesterday at the Philly show, I saw some boxes for a good price. I thought what the heck, I'll try my luck for a Megan Fox auto. Unfortunately, I ended up with two dud boxes. No autos, no sketches, and no costume cards. This was disappointing, but I'm going to write to Topps and see if they can help out. Hopefully it isn't too late.

Posts: 65 | Location: VA | Registered: February 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Smittyous:
Yesterday at the Philly show, I saw some boxes for a good price. I thought what the heck, I'll try my luck for a Megan Fox auto. Unfortunately, I ended up with two dud boxes. No autos, no sketches, and no costume cards. This was disappointing, but I'm going to write to Topps and see if they can help out. Hopefully it isn't too late.

Yikes! Sorry about your bad luck. Frown

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened a couple of boxes.

No idea who the characters are but the artists are Robby Musso and Nick Roche.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Darth Smittyous
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Smittyous:

Just a quick update... I received a letter back from Topps saying that they don't carry stock for products made in past years. It kind of makes me wonder what happened to the autographs, sketches and costume cards they held back as replacements.

Posts: 65 | Location: VA | Registered: February 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Packrat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:

Both are of Bumblebee. The one on the right is with his battle mask on. Nice sketches!

Congrats!

Jason

Posts: 25 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Packrat:
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:

Both are of Bumblebee. The one on the right is with his battle mask on. Nice sketches!

Congrats!

Jason

Thanks.

posted Hide Post
Cases of this have been showing up lately so I thought I would give it a shot and see what I could get.

Out of 8 boxes was able to get 2 sets of Embossed foil cards.

Foil foil I'm missing Card #4 and #8 I didn't get any of those.

I pulled 6 costume cards: 3 of each
one sketch : no signature
One Auto: Megan Fox. Pulled it from the second box I opened which took the pressure off opening the rest of the boxes.

Posts: 49 | Location: Vancouver Wa USA | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robbathehutt:
I pulled 6 costume cards: 3 of each
one sketch : no signature
One Auto: Megan Fox. Pulled it from the second box I opened which took the pressure off opening the rest of the boxes.

You can say that again. Congratulations. Dance

You don't say how much you paid for the case, but pulling that Fox autograph is about the only thing that would make it worthwhile.

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the Megan Fox pull! Especially since she keeps getting more and more popular these days and her auto keeps going up.

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
the sketch is signed actually, thats the artists name, bukshot, james buk-something. great pulls, thoes boxs are going for a great price now (buyer end at least). you made the most out of yours!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
cool. Thanks for the info. I'm not a Huge fan of Transformers so I just assumed is was the character name. LOL. I got the case for $200 shipped. Not a bad deal but if the Auto hadn't been there I would have probably lost my mind.

Posts: 49 | Location: Vancouver Wa USA | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
the sketch is signed actually, thats the artists name, bukshot, james buk-something.

James Bukauskas

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post